Nintendo Switch Online Service Price

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
I don't particularly care.

Sony and Microsoft do it, no one complains, why is it bad if Nintendo do it? Furthermore, the fees are most likely going to be used for better online services, that doesn't come cheap.

It's kind of annoyed to see them get this double standard, really. Just like with the Switch lineup being "full of ports", when companies like Activision, EA and Ubisoft make yearly rehashes of their games with minimal alterations at full price, lmao.

Just thought I'd tell you this; Nintendo is, (well, was,) signaturely known not to charge internet play. Much of the communal reaction is because they are being asked to pay where other consoles in the past didn't before. I've had some time to get over it, and overtime decide to definitely pay up given how small and infrequently I have to pay for it, but I'm not confused why some people are overtly excited over it.

And if I had to speculate about the switch-lineup complaint, I'd say nobody's seeing anything from Nintendo besides Mario Oddessy, BotW, that ARMS game, maybe 1.2.Switch, and so-on. I can wait until there's more Ninty goodness, of course there will be, but again I'm not confused why the reaction is that.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
I'm thinking it will be like Xbox Live or Playstation Pluse which is like $10 per month , $25 for 3 months and $60 for a year.

It's already been confirmed that it will be between $20-30 a year

I personally think that it kinda makes a bit of sense, if I was working at Nintendo trying to make a very stable online service, it would make me happy to know that I'm getting paid a few bucks for it once in a while. It would probably be really stressful for me to work there and know I'm not even getting $1 for it. So in the end I think this makes sense, I would probably want to pay something like $10 at the most per month.

I personally think that it kinda makes a bit of sense, if I was working at Nintendo trying to make a very stable online service, it would make me happy to know that I'm getting paid a few bucks for it once in a while. It would probably be really stressful for me to work there and know I'm not even getting $1 for it. So in the end I think this makes sense, I would probably want to pay something like $10 at the most per month.
It's not about getting profits, it's about paying money to host servers

I know this thread may have some time already on the web, but to tell you the truth, I still don´t know how much we are suppossed to pay for the online services. There are many rumors that state the price will be about 30 bucks per year. I think they still have to make it clear, ´cause we still don´t know what is going to be about.

Nintendo has revealed the price to use their online services for the Nintendo Switch (updated first post too) :

7nh9otg.png

I'm actually really happy with these prices. It seems very cheap and was cheaper than I was expecting. It's also nice that it will be free for a longer amount of time until 2018. The Classic Game Selection feature still sounds a little weird, though.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
That sounds... reasonable considering act!
I'd pay for the year-long service! Outta pocket!

Their online sucks. Unless they improve their terrible online service 20 dollars is asking too much.

Their online sucks. Unless they improve their terrible online service 20 dollars is asking too much.

That's the entire point of paying for online services; it goes towards funding and maintaining for better online services.

I'm just glad that we don't have to pay for online until next year now. This means I can save some money after I pick up a Splatoon 2 bundle. The prices seem reasonable to me. Much cheaper compared to PSN and Xbox Live subscription. Let's just hope we get more stable/reliable servers for Splatoon 2 online play. I think most gamers will go for the yearly option, At least you don't have to renew as often, and is less pricey in the long run.

Now we just need to know the payment options.
I hope there's a subscription card like the eShop cards and the XBL/PSN cards in store.

Reactions: Mikaya and Pandaxclone2
Back