Nintendo to release a mini NES

• Thread starter 2205
  • Start date

Still annoyed...
Towns Folk
From their Facebook page:

"Nope, this is not a retro image. The NES is coming back to stores! Pick up the Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition on 11/11, a new mini NES that lets you plug in and play 30 included games like Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2 and Castlevania."

13708186_1069677213116731_945201024337412243_o.jpg

Reactions: Evelyn, Gamer4647, 18 and 3 others
Do you buy the games separately or will it be included with the purchase?

And how much would it cost in this day and age? ;~;

Reactions: faustine
It looks like it has the 30 games on the system, I doubt they would release more. Also, I really want a SNES version of this.

Looks pretty cool, it will cost $60 apparently.

Reactions: Marc
Why would Nintendo release this if they already released the majority of the good NES on virtual console?

Why would Nintendo release this if they already released the majority of the good NES on virtual console?
I'm guessing for those who missed out on the NES itself and don't want to purchase a newer console + all 60 VC games. Plus you'll get the full NES experience with its controller and people might even feel nostalgic.

While some people might like this, I'd rather play games on VC tbh.

Nostalgia isn't big enough a factor for me to buy another piece of hardware just for retro games :p

That said, it still looks pretty cool for collectionists

I'm most interested in the controller. It's the same plug as a Wii Classic Controller.

Also if this thing has good sales, would they do a similar thing with the SNES? That would be awesome.

I'm most interested in the controller. It's the same plug as a Wii Classic Controller.

Also if this thing has good sales, would they do a similar thing with the SNES? That would be awesome.

If it sells well then most likely yes.

That said, I'd rather they just release more titles for VC >.> higher install base and all.

I can also imagine that people who don't really play games nowadays can pick this up because they used to love the NES as a kid and fall back in love with the classics. Who knows, it could end up getting more older people back into Nintendo.

I so going to buy one of these! My original NES broke, but I still have the games for it. Also 30 free games and a mini NES for $60 that is an awesome deal!

Edit will this mini nes play the old games or just the preloaded ones?

Yes! I saw this when I woke up today! It's so cute! ;v; I want one, but not to be able to play the games, I want it mainly for the novelty of having one xD Obviously, I'd still use it! And its size is great for taking it around. From what it seems, this looks like it'll be a series of products, I hope we get a mini SNES and N64 sometime too! :p

EDIT: @3dsatackman
Edit will this mini nes play the old games or just the preloaded ones?
It's been confirmed that it can only play the preloaded games.

I'm gonna save some money and buy this cutie! I missed out on the original NES since my family's on a tight budget in 90's time. :p I already showed this to my partner and really liked the idea of having lazy afternoons playing these classic titles. I think 30 games for 60 bucks is worth it if you would like to experience old school nostalgia. It's not even nostalgic for me (since I didn't play most of the 30 games included) but having a cheap legit console makes me want to :drool::woot::cry::nailbiting::D:dead: all at the same time! :rolleyes:

No, Nintendo bad! Nintendo milk money!

Why do we need to shell out $60 for an NES when even my toothbrush can play NES games flawlessly.

Reactions: Blue Knight

Why do we need to shell out $60 for an NES when even my toothbrush can play NES games flawlessly.
Ikr.

And if someone wants the games legit they can just... Buy them legit on the eshop.

Again, collectionists. Ninty can slap their name on something and it WILL make money.

Ikr.

And if someone wants the games legit they can just... Buy them legit on the eshop.

Again, collectionists. Ninty can slap their name on something and it WILL make money.

I guess you can say that. It can be an opportunity for other classic games to introduce themselves. Not the usual mario, kirby, or zelda games. For $60, the 30 VCs are kinda free, since it's just like you bought the 'emulator' and 1 controller (and the HDMI cable :p).

Well, getting these games with the mini NES is much cheaper than the VC, without taking the hardware cost into account, you're paying at a rate of $2 per game, unlike the VC's standard $5 per game (a total of $60 vs $150, less than half). It also comes with the needed cables, unless you live in Europe, then you'd have to buy the power cord separately, for whatever reason. If you don't have a Classic or Pro controller then there's the extra $10 for the controller, but you're still paying much less in total. I can see it having a relatively good success, given how much Nintendo's been on the media lately.

Of course, this isn't taking into consideration stuff like Homebrew (particularly on Wii), and emulators, that let you play the games for free.

Reactions: Mikaya, Marc, Blue Knight and 1 other person
Well, getting these games with the mini NES is much cheaper than the VC, without taking the hardware cost into account, you're paying at a rate of $2 per game, unlike the VC's standard $5 per game (a total of $60 vs $150, less than half). It also comes with the needed cables, unless you live in Europe, then you'd have to buy the power cord separately, for whatever reason. If you don't have a Classic or Pro controller then there's the extra $10 for the controller, but you're still paying much less in total. I can see it having a relatively good success, given how much Nintendo's been on the media lately.

Of course, this isn't taking into consideration stuff like Homebrew (particularly on Wii), and emulators, that let you play the games for free.
You just had to go and do the math ;-; booooring

Hmm, this looks interesting alright, I think some retro gamer might like this one. That's sad that the NES Classic Edition didn't support more games besides of these 30 games, though, considering that I may want to play other NES games besides of these, but oh well. At least many of these games are pretty decent, so that might do well.

30 games for $60 that's probably a better deal than actually buying the games if you didn't already, then again they may not put save states and stuff included in the games like the VC counterparts (but some games could have password saves like Metroid) and hopefully there's not some games in there that are really hard/bad like Street Fighter 2010. Other than it being a deal I personally think I'd rather them just release the original and some new games for that, (or better yet a Famicom and even better yet online vs mode)

I want your toothbrush.

You just had to go and do the math ;-; booooring
Without math, we are cavemen eating mud :p

tumblr_lyad7z1b8I1qllnw0.png

Back