Nintendo to release a mini NES

• Thread starter 2205
  • Start date
It's blatant nostalgia marketing, but it works. It looks cool. :love:

I'd rather have a mini snes/gamecube or a pre loaded GBA

Yes! I saw this when I woke up today! It's so cute! ;v; I want one, but not to be able to play the games, I want it mainly for the novelty of having one xD Obviously, I'd still use it! And its size is great for taking it around. From what it seems, this looks like it'll be a series of products, I hope we get a mini SNES and N64 sometime too! :p

EDIT: @3dsatackman
It's been confirmed that it can only play the preloaded games.
yea I saw that and I may still get one, but it would be way cooler if it played the old ones as well.

It actually looks pretty cool and sounds like a good idea to me. I'd love for the NES games to be tied to NNID, but I'm doubtful that is going to happen. I'm definitely going to buy it when it comes out. The only problem is that it doesn't let you use NES cartridges, which is a bummer. Sega did something like this with the Genesis plus 80 games, and it has ability to use Gensis cartridges. Shame.

Reactions: UltimateGamerCami
I think this will be pretty cool! I've never had a NES, so maybe I can experience the nostalgia I never had!
It looks like a nice small Plug N' Play device that's easy to use! I'll definitely consider buying it when it comes out!
It looks like it's $60, but I think it might be worth it. I've gotta know what I've been missing out on!

H.D NES games for the price of a 3DS. (There's been more than 30 games for the NES. I doubt Contra is there. Or Startropics, or Metal Gear, or Mike Tyson's Punch Out! Things like that ya know?)

I don't really think its worth that much money, especially since it can only play preloaded games. You can get the original NES online (used obviously) for the same amount. That's what I did, and I have really enjoyed it. You can also find good NES games for only 5$ at second hand stores or garage sales. I got the Legend of Zelda (gold cartridge) and a case, for only 5$ at a garage sale.

H.D NES games for the price of a 3DS. (There's been more than 30 games for the NES. I doubt Contra is there. Or Startropics, or Metal Gear, or Mike Tyson's Punch Out! Things like that ya know?)
Contra isnt there,but the sequel Super C is on it.
(Most might remember Contra more,but Super C is pretty much superior in every way.)
But i get your point,yeah there arent really much of the games considered classics by most on it
I find it odd how much classics or hidden gems are missing.

For my part,im not interested in the console,most games will propably be filler.
And then theres the already mentioned fact that it can only play preloaded games.
Sure,its cheaper than the vc,but it isnt worth it considering that most games wont be that interesting.
It also propably wont have superior famicom versions of some games and famicom exclusive games(The famicom releases of Contra and Super Contra have cutscenes and slightly better specs for example)
One Pro is that it propably will have more expensive plastic than the original nes,whose cheap plastic is known to corrode(or what you call the reaction of plastics to air) and sun bleach

Last edited:
Back