Nintendo's 9th generation?

• Thread starter animalcrossindaddict
  • Start date
Well if there's a next generation in the future... I actually think I would prefer the older generations , as they are easier to use and play , games too.
kinda ironic because games nowadays are a lot easier than they used to be. I mean, the NES and SNES had a bunch of games that nowadays the casual gamer would have difficulty with.0

God this might be hard to predict. Thinking of a 4DS just doesnt make sense to me anymore. I really do wonder what their next gen home console will be though. Something with Originality in it's name maybe.
I highly doubt a 4DS is really feasible, honestly. Imagine playing Super Smash Bros. on that. :p

I have a feeling the name won't have "DS" in it, but something entirely new. The DS ship has sailed.

I doubt they will do 4DS since they just gave up on 3D for the 3DS.

3DS already supports HD and dual analog sticks, so I don't see them basing a whole new handheld around that. I guess they could add like a sensitive touch pad like the Vita but that would still be silly.

If I had to make a guess, the 3DS/2DS will be Nintendo's last handheld. With the concept with the Wii U and how they stand with both their systems, I think Nintendo will release a new console which acts as both the console and handheld.

I doubt they will do 4DS since they just gave up on 3D for the 3DS.

3DS already supports HD and dual analog sticks, so I don't see them basing a whole new handheld around that. I guess they could add like a sensitive touch pad like the Vita but that would still be silly.

If I had to make a guess, the 3DS/2DS will be Nintendo's last handheld. With the concept with the Wii U and how they stand with both their systems, I think Nintendo will release a new console which acts as both the console and handheld.

If Nintendo doesn't release another full fledged handheld I'm done with them and their poor marketing decisions.

Nintendo isn't done with 3D, and the 3DS isn't in HD. The 2DS is for kids that can't have 3D, or people that don't care about 3D.

If Nintendo doesn't release another full fledged handheld I'm done with them and their poor marketing decisions.

Nintendo isn't done with 3D, and the 3DS isn't in HD. The 2DS is for kids that can't have 3D, or people that don't care about 3D.
They'll more than likely release another Nintendo handheld. I mean, Nintendo has consistently dominated the handheld market so it's not like they're backing out anytime soon

It's HD enough for me. The 2DS may have a good excuse for it's existence but it spells out that 3D didn't go as Nintendo had hope.

It's HD enough for me. The 2DS may have a good excuse for it's existence but it spells out that 3D didn't go as Nintendo had hope.
It was all a matter of providing a more affordable option at the expense of the 3D gimmick. The 3DS games are of higher quality than DS games imo

This is hardly Nintendo's last handheld given that they've always consistently dominated the handheld market (even now)

If they end handhlds that means we aren't receiving any more Pokemon Games so I doubt that would happen.

If they end handhlds that means we aren't receiving any more Pokemon Games so I doubt that would happen.
not necessarily, they could move Pokemon to the home console somehow. In any case, Pokemon isn't really developed by Nintendo as much as it is by GameFreak

not necessarily, they could move Pokemon to the home console somehow. In any case, Pokemon isn't really developed by Nintendo as much as it is by GameFreak
Agreed the Pokemon Series would not end unless they are sick and tired of making it the company game freak has been earning a lot of money from making the game and selling it.

Back