No Plans for Monster Hunter 4 on the Wii U.

• Thread starter Reece
  • Start date
R

Reece

Yuri Dubindoh told Monster Hunter enthusiasts, that there are no plans on Monster Hunter 4 coming to the Nintendo Wii U, it seems we'll have to be contented with Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate only on the Nintendo 3DS, this is what he said:

Sorry, no Wii U version planned for this one…
But with it having online on the 3DS (for the first time in the series!) you can possibly play online anytime and anywhere you have access to wi-fi.

(Fake Box-Art):
download_15.png

Too bad, would have loved Monster Hunter 4 on the Wii U but I guess if I'm gonna get it I have to get it on the 3DS, It'll be cool that it will have online play though. I wonder if they will make Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and put it on the Wii U or something. Also why does it say: Coming Holiday 2013?

I sort of expected no Wii U version of this game but I was hoping for it regardless. Not a big concern for me because I'm fine since the 3DS has online multiplayer and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate wasn't that bad on the smaller screen.

It would have been cool to play the game on the big screen though, :panda:

Yay. The 3DS finally gets an anticipated game for itself. And with online! :D This is so good :)

"Coming Holiday 2013"... indeed :panda:

Too bad, would have loved Monster Hunter 4 on the Wii U but I guess if I'm gonna get it I have to get it on the 3DS, It'll be cool that it will have online play though. I wonder if they will make Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and put it on the Wii U or something. Also why does it say: Coming Holiday 2013?
I think that's when it was released in Japan.

Really danmit too bad it would be epic seeing this game on the wii u

I was going to get the 3DS version anyways, but a Wii U version would be welcome too. Monster Hunting in high definition definitely beats a small low resolution screen, but the lack of portability on the Wii U is the only reason I don't want to get it. Anyways, the 3DS will have online this time so there's no real reason for me to get the Wii U version.

I never really liked this game on portable systems. The low res screen (especially on the 3ds og) and the camera controls make it a bit weird (if you dont have circle pad pro). This is kindof annoying but i think its because of the Wii U sales. I really did not like this game on the small screen , it just seemed to restricted in my opinion. Maybe there will be a full hd version (not just an remastered version like tri u) for the wii u later.

A remastered version seems pretty likely maybe in Winter 2015 or Spring 2016. I think they just want to get the game out to 3DS owners as fast as possible, with the Wii U taking a backseat due to lower sales on the platform(?). A Wii U version would also bridge the gap between the release of MH4U and MH5.

I would think they would just keep it on one system to keep costs lower. The Wii U is doing better than ever, so I'm sure that it has nothing to do with the sales.

Well, that's too bad... Though I'm really happy because I'll get the 3DS version for sure, I would have loved that the WiiU could get it too, because they could have implemented cross-platform features, and that would have been nice if you're going to visit a friend who has a WiiU and the game while you also have your 3DS and your copy of the game, because maybe you could play with your friend ;).

Meh, it won't affect how excited I am about MH4U anyway :D !

Lol maybe MH4U Ultimate edition for Wii U?!? Nah, I'm pretty sure it wasn't going to be on Wii U in the first place, and it would probably get (unfairly) criticized for its visual downgrade from MH3U on the Wii U. Still a bummer, though.

The Wii U has too small of a fanbase to justify a separate version of the game. The only thing that is really going for it is cross-platform play, but I don't even know a single person who owns a Wii U. If the Wii U starts selling more units, then I can see a MH4U HD being a possibility, but there's no reason for Capcom to make it right now (especially since they're going through financial troubles right now).

Reactions: nicklesimba
The Wii U has too small of a fanbase to justify a separate version of the game. The only thing that is really going for it is cross-platform play, but I don't even know a single person who owns a Wii U. If the Wii U starts selling more units, then I can see a MH4U HD being a possibility, but there's no reason for Capcom to make it right now (especially since they're going through financial troubles right now).
How can you really be sure, when Wii Us are selling like hotcakes? If so, source?

How can you really be sure, when Wii Us are selling like hotcakes? If so, source?
As far as I know, the Wii U is already considered one of Nintendo's failures. Has it sold a lot in recent times? I'm aware of the ominous 666% increase in sales when Mario Kart 8 came out, but that was quite a while ago.

Reactions: nicklesimba
As Spinner said, people are comparing the Wii U to the Virtual Boy. While it isn't as much of a failure as the VB, it still shows that it is a failure and one game can't change that, even if that game happens to be Mario Kart 8. I'm also pretty sure that some people still think that the Wii U is an addon to the original, since Nintendo did a crappy job of promoting it at the beginning.

Nintendo definitely made some mistakes with the Wii U, with the lack of good advertising and with a very poor launch, but with all the new releases planned to come out, there's no doubt that the Wii U will sell, but having Monster Hunter 4 would definitely helped their sales.

Nintendo definitely made some mistakes with the Wii U, with the lack of good advertising and with a very poor launch, but with all the new releases planned to come out, there's no doubt that the Wii U will sell, but having Monster Hunter 4 would definitely helped their sales.
Yeah, but it's something no third-party developer like Capcom ever want the initiative in because if the console doesn't sell, then they'll have to face a loss for a console that isn't even theirs. Nintendo will have to develop quality first-party titles themselves if they want the Wii U to succeed, but given what they've done in the past few months I fear that if they did do that, they'd give us 3DS owners the short end of the straw instead.

Yeah, but it's something no third-party developer like Capcom ever want the initiative in because if the console doesn't sell, then they'll have to face a loss for a console that isn't even theirs. Nintendo will have to develop quality first-party titles themselves if they want the Wii U to succeed, but given what they've done in the past few months I fear that if they did do that, they'd give us 3DS owners the short end of the straw instead.
Remember, the Wii U isn't actually a failure, Nintendo just expected it to sell Wii numbers and because of the Gamepad.

Remember, the Wii U isn't actually a failure, Nintendo just expected it to sell Wii numbers and because of the Gamepad.
That doesn't mean that MH4U would sell well enough to make it worth putting it on there. The main draw of the Wii U version of MH3U was online play. Now that the 3DS has it, there isn't much of a reason to get the Wii U version if you have a 3DS, which many Wii U owners do.

Back