NX: Reveal in 2016, release in 2017? (Will it kill the Wii U's lifespan?)

• Thread starter King A.R.K
  • Start date
King A.R.K

King A.R.K

Mr.Awesome
Towns Folk
Please Dont Do This nintendo please

Yep maybe reveal next year and will launch after 2 to 3 months ! And you may never what's going to happen next but according to it is going kill span of nintendo 3ds xl but on other i also think if this will happen nintendo 3ds xl owners will be very much disappointing but if it will happen with wii ....well i only want to anything can happen (just pray) :p

It would be better for Nintendo to release the NX in 2016 (if it is a home console), if it is ready by then. Holding it off until 2017 would be a horrible idea since the Wii U will be dead by then. The only benefit I could see is a stronger launch line-up, but that isn't a big enough benefit imo

So far, nothing's been guaranteed about the NX; however, once it's revealed, Wii U sales will definitely go down, as people would rather wait to get the NX than buy a Wii U. However, Wii U sales were never that good/high...they might try to reaveal the NX earlier to get moola faster.

It would be better for Nintendo to release the NX in 2016 (if it is a home console), if it is ready by then. Holding it off until 2017 would be a horrible idea since the Wii U will be dead by then. The only benefit I could see is a stronger launch line-up, but that isn't a big enough benefit imo
Yes!if new nintendo nx will be home console then for its sales is goiing to get kinda less but if it will be a handheld console it will be a big danger for nintendo 3ds xl buy i wish that doesn't not get a big place in market (hope so ,i really don't want to this to be happen )hope nintendo delay its decision

I hope Nintendo makes it in 2018. Its obvious its going to be a hybrid, meaning it will replace both the 3ds and the wii u. The wii u and 3ds are doing so well, 3ds hardware is selling well still while the wii u software is selling well, I think 2018 would be way better. Also, nx needs extensive planning so 2018 would be much better

Excactly! I don't think they should have the Nintendo NX be so close to the release of the Wii u! I personally love the Wii u! Maybe it was underwhelming in the beginning but look at it now! I mean it has so many games the home menu is much more fluid and I really like the quick menu! Nintendo is making a big mistake for doing this!

Excactly! I don't think they should have the Nintendo NX be so close to the release of the Wii u! I personally love the Wii u! Maybe it was underwhelming in the beginning but look at it now! I mean it has so many games the home menu is much more fluid and I really like the quick menu! Nintendo is making a big mistake for doing this!
Its fine... DO not worry, I think the console will release in 2018. Like you said, Nintendo needs to wait. Its no fun when a console comes very early, Nintendo announced it too early. But as long as they share no details, the nx is not that big of a deal, who knows, it may not even be a home console, it may a handheld or something like the playstation tv or Ouya. Nintendo never confirmed it as a console, so yeah, do not worry. The media are big liars about everything, so if you see some bad news, ignore it unless its official from Nintendo. So yeah, no worries;)

Yes!if new nintendo nx will be home console then for its sales is goiing to get kinda less but if it will be a handheld console it will be a big danger for nintendo 3ds xl buy i wish that doesn't not get a big place in market (hope so ,i really don't want to this to be happen )hope nintendo delay its decision
Well, whatever you see in the media is fake. Its releasing in 2017 or 2018, it never been confirmed for 2016. If it has a confirmed release date of 2017 or 2018, people will not wait until the nx to buy a wii u, thus, more sales.

Am I the only who knows that the NX WONT Replace the wii u. I read it an article.

Am I the only who knows that the NX WONT Replace the wii u. I read it an article.
Link it. I'm not gonna trust an article you read from an unknown source.

You know what will be cool if the NX was either a watch or phone of some kind that connects to your systems.

Or maybe it's going to be device that sends us into the game like in Hack or SAO (okay this one was a little outlandish)

Reveal in February / March, launch in November of 2016. Otherwise Nintendo is just shooting themselves in the foot. If they release hardware that's only on par with PS4 four years entire the generation and hope to succeed they're fools. Three years isn't quite as bad but it still sucks they're in this situation.

Would be stunned if it doesn't come out next year.

Also yeah it'll kill Wii U and 3DS.

Right now, everything is speculation

The Wii U could be still supported or it could be ditched, it could be anything right now, same with the release date
Don't set your minds yet cause things will change during development

Didn't Nintendo just release the Dev. Kits for the NX? If that's the case, then developers will have from about a year to a year and a half to create their games. With that said, the NX should release at either the end of 2016 or Q1 of 2017. It would be rather strange if the latter happened, since Home Consoles usually release around Christmas time.

2016 is indeed a speculation. There is no confirmation that it is really releasing in 2016 in the first place, for the heck of it, it can release any time. I think it is really unlikely its coming in 2016, considering nintendo announced it at e3 then releases it next year, its all just speculation and rumors, but nintendo has not even been talking about the nx, and what it could be. It was never confirmed as a home console, it could be something else also, and for people saying it is coming in 2016, it never was confirmed by Nintendo, its just a stupid rumor. Nx is more plausible coming into 2017 anyways, I mean, come on! That would be so odd to annonce it and release it in 2016, I think nov 2017 is the most plausible, maybe even later. It could come any time, considering Nintendo had no confirmation about what the nx is, that is what I think though

Last edited:
It will kill the Wii Us lifespan since it wasn't as successful as Nintendo intended. But even though the Wii U didn't do as will as the well known modern portable console the 3DS the Wii U as some great games like Pikmin 3, Super smash bros, Splatoon, ect.

It is unlikely that they will release it in 2017 because it would be a foolish mistake. And with what you said, "Will it kill the Wii U's Lifespan?" that's unlikely. Back in 2001 the Original XBOX was released. Why am I mentioning the XBOX, Because it's popular successor, the XBOX 360 was released back in 2005, making the original XBOX having a lifespan of only 4 years. People nowadays think that Nintendo is releasing a new console too soon when, in fact, it is a smart one. This will restore proper balance to how long a console cycle should last. Generation 7, where we ended up with the Wii, PS3 & Xbox 360, was the longest console generation to date with the cycle lasting 8 years. Console generations shouldn't last that long because that would allow stuff like PC take over and having PC Gamers tell us we're fools when they spend $5000 US just to play a game like Fallout 4.

Reactions: TheSpiritedWarrior
It is unlikely that they will release it in 2017 because it would be a foolish mistake. And with what you said, "Will it kill the Wii U's Lifespan?" that's unlikely. Back in 2001 the Original XBOX was released. Why am I mentioning the XBOX, Because it's popular successor, the XBOX 360 was released back in 2005, making the original XBOX having a lifespan of only 4 years. People nowadays think that Nintendo is releasing a new console too soon when, in fact, it is a smart one. This will restore proper balance to how long a console cycle should last. Generation 7, where we ended up with the Wii, PS3 & Xbox 360, was the longest console generation to date with the cycle lasting 8 years. Console generations shouldn't last that long because that would allow stuff like PC take over and having PC Gamers tell us we're fools when they spend $5000 US just to play a game like Fallout 4.
I totally agree. Next gen should start much sooner, put all sales aside. 6 years is enough this generation, for any console for that matter. I have to say, I was seriously bored last gen because it was so damn long. I think this gen should last for 6 years. 8 years is so crazy. People who say the ps4 and xb1 successors will release in 2020 are crazy, its not happening. 7 years is too much. 5-6 years is enough for me this gen. 4 years is too short, but 5-6 years seems fair.

Link it. I'm not gonna trust an article you read from an unknown source.
Unknown source? That was confirmed by Iwata! And you believe the other sources which are totally fake? The media are the big liars. The nx is not coming soon, I think 2018 will be the release date. What is funny is it is not even confirmed as a home console, so right now everything is just speculation. Nx will release when the ps5 and xb2 are ready.(p.s, sorry for doing 2 posts)

Back