NX: Reveal in 2016, release in 2017? (Will it kill the Wii U's lifespan?)

• Thread starter King A.R.K
  • Start date
Unknown source? That was confirmed by Iwata! And you believe the other sources which are totally fake? The media are the big liars. The nx is not coming soon, I think 2018 will be the release date. What is funny is it is not even confirmed as a home console, so right now everything is just speculation. Nx will release when the ps5 and xb2 are ready.(p.s, sorry for doing 2 posts)
I don't keep up with what Iwata says. And I don't recall saying that I believe any other sources. I just called him out because he said came in, claimed to know something and said "I read this on an article" and didn't bother to link it.

I totally agree. Next gen should start much sooner, put all sales aside. 6 years is enough this generation, for any console for that matter. I have to say, I was seriously bored last gen because it was so damn long. I think this gen should last for 6 years. 8 years is so crazy. People who say the ps4 and xb1 successors will release in 2020 are crazy, its not happening. 7 years is too much. 5-6 years is enough for me this gen. 4 years is too short, but 5-6 years seems fair.
Release in 2017 would surely doom NX, but a 2016 release should suffice

I don't keep up with what Iwata says. And I don't recall saying that I believe any other sources. I just called him out because he said came in, claimed to know something and said "I read this on an article" and didn't bother to link it.
Ah, I see. I guess I can agree.
Release in 2017 would surely doom NX, but a 2016 release should suffice
Nope, the nx will be doomed if it launches next year. 2017 would be much better. 2016 is way too early, and they are going to go down like sega. Sega announced a console and released it 3 months later and they failed miserably. If nintendo were to release it in 2016, nintendo would seriously fail. Nx will be doomed if it releases in 2016.

Ah, I see. I guess I can agree.

Nope, the nx will be doomed if it launches next year. 2017 would be much better. 2016 is way too early, and they are going to go down like sega. Sega announced a console and released it 3 months later and they failed miserably. If nintendo were to release it in 2016, nintendo would seriously fail. Nx will be doomed if it releases in 2016.
Do not compare Nintendo to SEGA, they had different financial issues. Nintendo has at least $15 billion in the bank. When SEGA released the Dreamcast they were already stuggling financial having like around a couple million dollars in the bank, which is bad for business. To understand why I said 2016 instead of 2017 here's one of my resources explaining this.

Do not compare Nintendo to SEGA, they had different financial issues. Nintendo has at least $15 billion in the bank. When SEGA released the Dreamcast they were already stuggling financial having like around a couple million dollars in the bank, which is bad for business. To understand why I said 2016 instead of 2017 here's one of my resources explaining this.
But like I told you, they are just rumors. According to another rumor, even if they are handing out dev kits, they literally did that only a short while back. Literally, they handed out dev kits just now. So yeah, there really is no way they can release the nx in 1 year. 2017 seems most likely, and it would be a more probable date for the nx. If they really want to make a lot of launch titles, 2018 would be ideal, and close to the ps4 and xb1 successors (2019 or 2020). This is all personal opinion, so no one can really be right or wrong. I am just stating my point of view.

But like I told you, they are just rumors. According to another rumor, even if they are handing out dev kits, they literally did that only a short while back. Literally, they handed out dev kits just now. So yeah, there really is no way they can release the nx in 1 year. 2017 seems most likely, and it would be a more probable date for the nx. If they really want to make a lot of launch titles, 2018 would be ideal, and close to the ps4 and xb1 successors (2019 or 2020). This is all personal opinion, so no one can really be right or wrong. I am just stating my point of view.
Hopefully the specs are on par with the PS5 and NeXBOX

Reactions: TheSpiritedWarrior
PS5 and NeXBOX could just launch with better specs... although I just want the x86 and enough power (plus a good launch) so the 3rd party developers won't abandon it.

PS5 and NeXBOX could just launch with better specs... although I just want the x86 and enough power (plus a good launch) so the 3rd party developers won't abandon it.
When I said "on par" I meant that the Nintendo NX is able to compete on power level to that of Sony's PS5 and Microsoft's NeXBOX. Of course you probably knew that

Hopefully the specs are on par with the PS5 and NeXBOX
Yeah, agreed. I hope the nx specs are just as good as the ps5 and xb2. I mean, like what you mean. Nintendo probably needs more 3rd party support, nuff said but hoepfully , as long as nintendo has really good specs on it and can compete against the ps5 and xb2 when it comes to power, nintendo may even get more 3rd party support. What I like about nintendo is their innovation, so I hope that the nx has some innovation in it too to make it unique. I say 2018 because considering how the ps5 and xb2 will release in 2019 or 2020, 2018 may be more ideal for the nx to release.

Don't pretend Nintendo having another flop won't hurt the company. Financially the Wii U did flop despite being a good game console, but rushing the NX could permanently cripple the company from a financial standpoint. Their stocks haven't been the best also so maybe slow and steady will be the best route. I really won't deny 1 thing: Nintendo is slowly but surely falling. The NX may define the company's future...

Back