NX to have Diddy Kong racing 2, rumored $149.99 price

• Thread starter BlazingPhoenix
  • Start date
B

BlazingPhoenix

I made Resetti's Bad list.
Banned User
Source: http://www.gamezone.com/news/here-s-the-rumored-price-for-the-new-nintendo-nx-3420550
Kevin Callahan, the individual that speculated the heavily rumored Diddy Kong Racing 2 would be headed to the Wii U or 3DS, is now talking about Nintendo's next game system, the NX, and the furthered development of Diddy Kong Racing 2.

Callahan is suggesting that Diddy Kong Racing 2's development has been shifted from the Wii U (or 3DS) to the NX game system. He went on to say that the NX game system will release in 2016 with the incredibly low price of $149.99.

Apparently the development kit for the NX is based on the Wii U's devkit, simply with 'higher memory bandwidth and a more balanced CPU.

So to sum that up: Diddy Kong racing 2 will most likely be an NX launch title, nx will be $150, and the NX will have surpereor hardware

i think it will have "infereor" hardware

i think it will have "infereor" hardware
"Hello @ShorJaken would you like to buy some logic?" "Nah I don't need that", proceeds to post.

humour is a thing

I hope Banjo Kazooie is in dkr2, if not, im not buying it. but i have been waiting years for this. so hype.

I think with Nintendo's previous home console, I'd probably hold off on the NX no matter what it came with.
At least until I saw how it did in stores.

I hope Banjo Kazooie is in dkr2, if not, im not buying it. but i have been waiting years for this. so hype.
Sorry buddy, Microsoft currently has copyright of Banjo Kazooie

Sorry buddy, Microsoft currently has copyright of Banjo Kazooie

Even if Nintendo could get the rights to Banjo-Kazooie, who's to say it won't be junk? The folks that worked on the originals are in their own new company now. But then again, Retro Studios did a nice job with DKC, so I guess anything's possible.

Even if Nintendo could get the rights to Banjo-Kazooie, who's to say it won't be junk? The folks that worked on the originals are in their own new company now. But then again, Retro Studios did a nice job with DKC, so I guess anything's possible.
It's Jon Tron reviewing B and K nuts and bolts (warning, swears, don't flag because you were warned)

It's Jon Tron reviewing B and K nuts and bolts (warning, swears, don't flag because you were warned)

I've already watched that one, what's your point then?

I'm scared for a new B and K game

I'm scared for a new B and K game

Same here. Similarly to what happened to Earthworm Jim (at least in my opinion), I fear that a new Banjo game could ruin the magic of the originals, and I still play those regularly.

blame microsoft for bolts and nuts, you feel less betrayed that way

blame microsoft for bolts and nuts, you feel less betrayed that way
Very true.

So we know about one game coming for the NX, and how much we should be saving to buy it the X day it comes out. And that too still as rumors, so technically we still have nothing confirmed by Nintendo, and I feel they have just been leaving us in the dark about the NX for the longest of times, although I believe this year we should be expecting more information, and maybe what was rumored above will be true, along with a lot of other rumors about it. Nintendo should tell us something at least...It's real name could be a start

Reactions: TheSpiritedWarrior
i hope they ditch motion controls

but they wont

Nothing is real, I mean, nintendo rumors occur so much. Usually, they are never true. I suggest you wait till E3 to see some real news for the nx. They still are developing games for the wii u still, occording to the president. If anyone wants me to give that source, I am willing too. This leads me to believe to a 2017 or 2018 release date. The fact that wii u games are still being developed leads me to this conclusion that this E3 will either brief the nx or announce it, with some wii u games and 3ds games, while the nx is confirmed as a 2017 or 2018 release date.

Again, wait till E3. Never trust those "sources".

Reactions: 3905
It'd be amazing if the NX had Diddy Kong Racing 2.. I've only played a bit of the original but I remember it being amazing, with pretty good multiplayer too. Mind you this was years ago when I was a kid so my judgement may be a bit off.

A sequel would be really good, it'd look fantastic with updated graphics and even more modes and complexity to the circuits. However I'm not certain as to how likely a sequel would be, what with rare being owned by Microsoft and all but you never know. I guess they did Diddy Kong Racing 64.

As for the pricing.. I personally don't see it being that low, even in US$; although I wouldn't be complaining if it was! The cheaper the better. Hardware doens't earn companies money anyway so as long as the software is really good that's all that counts I suppose.

I'm personally hoping for a Metroid game but I'd settle for Diddy Kong Racing, I know a few people who would go crazy over it.

It'd be amazing if the NX had Diddy Kong Racing 2.. I've only played a bit of the original but I remember it being amazing, with pretty good multiplayer too. Mind you this was years ago when I was a kid so my judgement may be a bit off.
Played it again recently, incredibly fun. Although I think I prefer Mario Kart 64's multiplayer, this game's single player is superior to me. There is also a cheat code that allows you to do the Adventure Mode with 2 players, which is even better (JOINTVENTURE I think it is). Combine that with the cheat code that makes everything harder (TIMETOLOSE), and doing the Adventure Two Mode, and you're in for a hellish yet satisfying-when-complete challenge. ;D

Oh and Krunch is the greatest character of all time 10/10. If there is an NX version of Diddy Kong Racing he better be in it, and as crap as he's always been! TT could probably do with a nerf.

Back