Oculus Rift.

• Thread starter Reece
  • Start date
I hope it will be, I can't imagine Sony using OR because they already showed their version of at CES 2012 or 2013 or something.
Yeah, I knew about the Sony VR.

Even if it didn't it would still be a buy lol.
Indeed.

Reactions: jandkas
My instant buy was the game with the console... :p

Of course it would still be a buy, but not an instant one.

My instant buy was the game with the console... :p

Of course it would still be a buy, but not an instant one.
It's instanteously bought by the ErixSan. The ErixSan enjoys his instantaneous buy of the bundle.

Reactions: ErixSan
Yeah, I knew about the Sony VR.

Wait Sony has their own Virtual Reality headset :eek::eek::eek:.I now hearing bout this (I need to get out more). Wow !!!
headset2.jpg

Reactions: jandkas
Wait Sony has their own Virtual Reality headset :eek::eek::eek:.I now hearing bout this (I need to get out more). Wow !!!
headset2.jpg

That's for PS4.
There is one for PS3 (without virtual reality), for what I know, and it cost like 900 bucks 0.0

Reactions: Reece
That's for PS4.
There is one for PS3 (without virtual reality), for what I know, and it cost like 900 bucks 0.0

Hah !!! I am sure not gonna buy a helmet for 900 USD, thats sounds like bankrupt for me :eek:. Leave that virtual reality head gear right their !!!!

Reactions: ErixSan
That's for PS4.
No its not for ps4 specifically, it is a product on its own.

No its not for ps4 specifically, it is a product on its own.
But isn't it locked to Sony and their PS4/Vita?

But isn't it locked to Sony and their PS4/Vita?

Maybe it will be locked to other devices, like Sony TV and PC with paid software.

Maybe it will be locked to other devices, like Sony TV and PC with paid software.

Probably, anything can be possible, most likely your it will be locked to other devices.

It can be dangerous if not properly used ? I'm not going buy this although it's cool but it is just a waste of my money and time to be honest.

Oh, sorry to revive such a dead thread, but huge news has been announced today, the Oculus Rift has been bought by Facebook! I'm really surprised, Facebook seems to now be going into gaming. I don't know what else to say since this news has been announced just today, I'll update further if necessary.

Oh, sorry to revive such a dead thread, but huge news has been announced today, the Oculus Rift has been bought by Facebook! I'm really surprised, Facebook seems to now be going into gaming. I don't know what else to say since this news has been announced just today, I'll update further if necessary.

Since Facebook bought it, there have been many critics about how Facebook will use it.
> (Back to context) I must admit that I'm interested in the VR things. It looks like the future ported now (who didn't dreamt of this when they were kids?) !

Do you mean a virtual plat game but i don't think the technology to is available to make it fully working but it's not ready yet i think needs some more works

Do you mean a virtual plat game but i don't think the technology to is available to make it fully working but it's not ready yet i think needs some more works

Don't worry. There are developers with huge experience behind the scene.
And in case where you don't know: When you program, almost everything is possible.

So, I'm sure that it's a matter of time until there's more big games on the Oculus Rift.

While it's a promising piece of technology, I personally don't think it will be a massive success, but a more moderate one instead. I still think most people are pretty skeptical about putting something on their head and probably won't be willing to drop such a hefty amount of money for a peripheral anyways. I personally probably won't get it, but I would love to at least try it once before making any final decisions (although finding a demo unit will be pretty hard).

If a game better than Skyrim, that makes use of the Oculus Rift and other things (like motion sensors in hands to perform actions), I would gladly dish out £300 for this gem.

And a VR Pokemon. Yes please.

Back