Old vs. New?

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
Do you prefer the old school Nintendo games, or the more recent releases?

maybe you like the feel of old classic games, and the new ones are just not as good anymore!

Both of them are great. There are good and bad games for older games and newer games. I like the classic games because I grew up with them. The newer games are really fun too and with way better graphics!

Reactions: 3 people
I like both. Classics and new releases are good in their own right. Sometimes if I just feel like playing a good old game with a lot of substance, I break out my older games. The new games are great for multiplayer entertainment, beautiful graphics, etc. That's just how I feel.

Choosing old or new is just way too hard for me, both ages of games are perfect in their own ways. I love the old school games because you get the classic nostalgia feel from them and it reminds you of the good times, but games nowadays are much more advanced and have more to them, so generally they are more fun for me. If I HAVE to pick I would most likely go with newer games.

I really like the old games for their nostalgia and also difficulty. I feel that older games were meant as a challenge to try and beat. Nowadays, games are like a secondary part of your life which is both a good thing and bad thing. They are meant to provide us with experiences that can replace real life experiences. With technology evolving so rapidly, we might be able to live in games for short periods of time. I guess the industry is expanding so fast from 8-bit platformers to massive 3D worlds with so much content and so much to do.

I prefer older games to newer ones. The reason I play older games more is because of their graphics (I'm a huge retro fan) and because of their relatively simple gameplay and easy-to-learn controls, that in my opinion, make them darn near perfect :)

Both are great in their own aspects. Retro games have that feel that gives you an adrenaline surge, by making you perfect your timing and reactions to a particular enemy/obstacle. Some Retro games, like Contra and Ninja Gaiden, provide a hearty challenge for a lot of retro fans. NES games were all about their difficulty.
I also like newer games, because there are some parts which take your breath away. if you have ever played ArmA III, you would know what I am talking about. Newer games offer very realistic, nearly life like simulations of any aspect you want. Take a flight simulator, for example. With the proper equipment, it feels just like flying a plane in real life.

I'm not sure I have a real preference, if the game is fun, the game is fun regardless of how old it is. Old and new are both awesome in their unique way. I like looking at how far gaming has come from when I was a kid and picked up my first game, sometimes I like going back to that with classics.

Gaming today, in some aspects, is so much different than it was when I was growing up. Whether it's Nintendo or something else, gaming has come a long way.

In general, I play the new stuff more but I do still mess around with some classics once in a while.

I prefer the newer games. I find them to be much more realistic in there story lines, and the graphics usually never fail to impress me. They're also good if you're looking for a multiplayer experience.

The older games are where it's at for me for the intense difficulty level designed for the brain to want to complete the whole game but cannot because you apparently didn't try hard enough. It's just a common connection I have with old games or VC ones. That doesn't mean the new games aren't great but I don't feel I deserve the rewards I'm getting because the game might be too easy... that doesn't mean all new games are easy but in general I think they are because they are designed for a newer audience.

That is a real tough decision! The news ones first off , are beautiful I must admit with all they're newer graphics and such, but the old ones have more of a story to them, or less of one on some. I'd have to say I prefer the old skool Nintendo games over the new :) they just don't make video games like they used to any more... The heart put into them is missing.

I know it isn't really "old" yet, but the GameCube era of Nintendo is by far my favorite. It was their most innovative time and sadly newer games - Wii and Wii U in particular - tend to fail to live up to the hype they receive. GameCube however was amazing. So whether or not you consider that new or old, that's what I'm going with.

I prefer the older ones because it's a link to when I was a lot younger and I remember playing my first video games on my DS. So I only really play on my DS now for the nostalgic feeling of been on it so I'd rather not play games with fancy graphics. I love the Mario Kart and the old Pokemons and still play them once in a while. I became more of a console gamer rather than handheld but it's still nice to play some of the old games I once adored once in a while.

I like the new ones, just because of the better graphics and the quality of the game play. However I find that the older ones have a lot more substance than the newer ones, and the newer ones in my eyes are just repeats of the old ones, with maybe one or two new little things.

I like graphics on newer games, I also like online functions in some of them. But nintendo would be nothing without it's classic games. Even today on the wiiu, 3ds etc, you can buy the old virtual console games on them, its nostalgic which is I why I like older games.

I like both equally.
Sure, the new games have better graphics and gameplay, but I think some developers are starting to run out of ideas.
Also, it is always nice to go back to classics, which may be old, but they are still fun.
So, both are pretty nice. I like the new games, but the classics are still fun, too.:)

I like newer games more. I am not a gamer in my childhood so i am not familiar with older games. And I'm not sure if i am going to enjoy playing old titles rather than playing new games with good graphics and fresh gameplay ideas.

Although, there are good and bad games for older and newer games, I honestly would say Older Nintendo Games were slightly better.

I like the older games because I grew up with them. The old Nintendo games are classics, which started most of the most popular Nintendo gaming franchises such as Mario, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, etc. Those games were nostalgic, and were pretty good at providing great gaming experience. The music, the gameplay, and etc. just gives you this awesome feeling to your mind.

Although, the newer generation of games are pretty good, with new advanced technology to make better graphics, music, gameplay, etc.

I like some of the old games but most of the new games that come out are really amazing,the old games are sometimes a little harder and a little longer sometimes but the new games have better quality of the game and upgraded designs and devices in the game.Take pokemon yellow and compare it to pokemon x and y,there are a lot of major differences there.

Both of them are good, because the older games have some secrets of their own, and so do the new games.

Reactions: Mikaya
Back