Old vs. New?

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
I have fun playing both old and new, each game has it's own unique play, and both can be fun to play. Games like Pokemon X/Y are fun to play, but games like Super Mario Bros 3 is a fun classic game that I still love playing. Old games and new games can be played with the same enjoyment by older/younger generations of all ages.

I like them both too. Play some old games for Nostalgia or revisiting to see how much things have really changed. I've been playing nintendo games for over 10 years, so old games don't really bother me.

Just that it's harder to beat a old game imo than a new one.

I tend to like them new, specially because I am a grown up and I can appreciate what a good game is, the music, the sounds, the visuals, I fell in love with mario kart 8's music selection. But I also like the classic stuff like the legend of zelda, donkey kong, and mario of course, what set of amazing melodies!!

i like the new ones because the older games graphics are so old and weird its scary i like once they remake old ones with new updated graphics like fire red they made it look great thats what i like

i like the new ones because the older games graphics are so old and weird its scary i like once they remake old ones with new updated graphics like fire red they made it look great thats what i like
I understand your point but how old are you? I am just 25 and I got to play the old ones eventually. ya know what, when the snes came to my country, all the people (specially me and a couple of friends) were totally amazed by the good graphics by that time the games had, just think about super mario world, that made just a tremendous difference in graphics compared to the original mairo game on the original nes. Is my point clear?

im i8 years old yep thats what im saying like xbox morrowind has horrible graphics compared to other games on it like fabel which has good graphics that are okay i like that game so yeah i still like some old games i guess

While the older games in my opinion had the better gameplay (the 2D side-scrolling, challenges and the overall retro feel), the newer games I feel do lack in difficulty but make up for that with their features such the third dimension, some glimpses from older, retro games and the overall better video quality as well as the ability (Mario games specific) TO VISIT PREVIOUS WORLDS AND LEVELS! Both are great but I just have to hand myself slightly more towards the classic games for their more challenging gameplay (in my opinion anyway). :)

I'm still in look with SNES graphics. The old games were challenging and beating a level actually meant something back then. Beating the game made you a god amongst your friends haha.

So it always depend on my mood, sometimes I'm nostalgic and I pick up an old game, sometimes I just want to try something new and see.

Both are really good. The old games serve as the basis of the new games today and provide a good challenge. Meanwhile, the newer games can provide a more immersive gaming experience with very high graphics and cutscenes. The new games really improve on the ones in the series before them

It's hard for me to say, but I think I like them both, because without the old school we wouldn't have the new games we have today. Except for Duck Hunt...that game is is just...no.

So that's why it's hard for me because the games back then we're good too like the new ones, sure the new ones seem repetitive but honestly all games have you do the same thing, just different characters, setting, and story .

It's pretty mixed for what I will say depending on the games series . I really like the new ones because of the new stuff and features and all but I like the old stuff because they're really memorable and challenging . A lot of new games are pretty easy in my opinion >.>

I like most new games, but some may vary. Like Pokemon Black and White was actually pretty exciting because the graphics were moving, but at the time I didn't even care that the graphics were horrible and Pokemon D/P/P 's was better. But in Legend of Zelda games, are the exact same thing except better everything except storyline and weapons.

I really liked the old Nintendo games like the original legend of Zelda. I also enjoyed the older Pokémon games like red, gold, and especially emerald. I also really liked the legend of Zelda ocarina of time and majora's mask. However I do really like the new Pokémon games.

I prefer the newer games. They have much better graphics than the old games. Also they can make more creative games in the new ones. The new ones also had better voice acting than the old games. The old games are still fun but not the same as the new games. I sometimes play the old games on virtual console.

I think that both the old and new Nintendo releases are equally as good, as it is hard to judge between them when they were released decades apart. Both eras represent Nintendo working its hardest on whatever hardware was available to provide the best possible gaming experience for its fans, and that is what I respect about the company.

Back