Online Etiquette

• Thread starter 3823
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Hey guys, I've been playing MH4U recently, it is tons of fun >.<)/

Anyways, let's get to the point. Playing online can be frustrating sometimes... especially when people don' t cooperate. So do you guys have any tips on what to do when playing with a group of friends or strangers?

I would say:
  • Take one of each item from the supply box-thing.
  • Don't take the bullets unless you need them.
  • Don't attack while someone is mounted on an enemy xD
  • Don't attack people while they're trying to grab stuff (special thanks to @pokefreak and @Sans)
  • Don't trip people with the longsword :3
  • Eat before you begin a quest~
  • Make sure you have some decent gear on cause there are nooo levels in this game :3
Disagree with me? :p What else do you guys think?​

It's a Monster Hunter game. You hunt Monsters, and remove all things that get in your way of doing so, even if that means hurting your own kin. You gotta be fiesty for them kills so you can't have some newbie online come and try to outplay you, you have to be a shark and take on everything withiut second thought.

Sincerely,
Monster Hunter community

It's a Monster Hunter game. You hunt Monsters, and remove all things that get in your way of doing so, even if that means hurting your own kin. You gotta be fiesty for them kills so you can't have some newbie online come and try to outplay you, you have to be a shark and take on everything withiut second thought.

Sincerely,
Monster Hunter community
Way to murder the purpose of this thread xD

Interesting.

Another tip by N guys:
  • Kill the newbie

Reactions: 2179
Way to murder the purpose of this thread xD

Interesting.

Another tip by N guys:
  • Kill the newbie
It's my job, you're welcome =p

You guys should seriously follow that, it's good advice :3. Newbies are the root of all out life problems and should be eradicated at the spot.

Pee on them to assert your dominance so now you can give them instructions. I like your tips, actually xD Doesn't Monster Hunter games have the option to use your mic or something so you can talk to the newbies?

Pee on them to assert your dominance so now you can give them instructions. I like your tips, actually xD Doesn't Monster Hunter games have the option to use your mic or something so you can talk to the newbies?
Not that I know of, :panda: @Candyman might know if there is >.<

Nope, there is a chat box though.

Anyways, let's get to the point. Playing online can be frustrating sometimes... especially when people don' t cooperate. So do you guys have any tips on what to do when playing with a group of friends or strangers?

I would say:
  • Don't attack people while they're trying to grab stuff (special thanks to @pokefreak and @Sans)
  • Make sure you have some decent gear on cause there are nooo levels in this game :3
It's been a pleasure :thumbsup: xD

Just tell me when you need help :D

Here are some "Basic etiquette rules for the fine art of Monster Hunting" :pompus::
  • Absolutely NEVER should an Hunter beg for determined quest/monster. If the Hunter needs something specific, he shall create an Hall of his own;
  • Absolutely NEVER should an Hunter spam the chat with random gibberish;
  • Following the previous rule, never should an Hunter spam the chat with "Break the head", "Cut the tail" and similars;
  • If the Hunter is currently building an armor set (regular or mixed, doesn't matter), said incomplete set shall never be brought to the the battlefield. Prioritize complete sets above all else;
  • The Hunter must know how his weapon of choice can affect negatively his teammates: Long Sword tripping, Switch Axe air throwing, etc. (even though the last one can be beneficial in certain circumstances);
  • When choosing a meal, the Hunter must avoid food combinations with "Felyne Gamechanger" as a possible effect. If the quest has an "unstable" enviroment (check "Quest Info" on the menu), "Felyne Gamechanger" will guarantee that another monster besides the target one will appear.
This are few rules... Hope they prove to be useful ;)

You're welcome rawr kek :D

just a few small changes to what u had: sry for the wall of text
  • don't take 1 of everything, take ONLY the stuff you'll actually use, and get a full stack of it when possible. while having everything could help in some situations, at the end of the hunt ur inventory will be so full that u can't gather or carve much, if anything.
  • instead of trying not to trip everyone with the LS, its generally better to just not be near them so u can't trip them. for example, hammer users (should) always be near the head, so stay near the legs or the tail of the monster while u attack so they're out of your range. just another tip, the LS is pretty good at cutting tails, so i'd recommend staying near the monster's tail most of the time :T
  • a little note on what @NormalNinja said: gamechanger is in no way a bad skill. while it can be a problem at lower ranks, it's actually very helpful if ur trying to farm 1 of the unstable monsters. the only skill u should ABSOLUTELY NEVER get would be the unlucky cat bcz the "unfortunate events" actually lower either your health, stamina, or both down to extremely low levels (low hp = about 1-2 monster hits, low stam = no running at all)
tl:dr take full stacks of the stuff you'll use, nothing else - attack where everyone else isn't attacking with LS - gamechanger sometimes good, unlucky cat should always be avoided.

Reactions: 3823
There is a exception to Unlucky Cat, that being if you have the skill Adrenaline(etc.) and you have Mega Dash Juice.

There is a exception to Unlucky Cat, that being if you have the skill Adrenaline(etc.) and you have Mega Dash Juice.
Or an Ancient Potion

I would say:

"dont trip people with the long sword" kek i do that all the time when im online hehehe^^ i have a way of goofing off like that online, mainly cuz if i decide to play when im bored i want to make myself laugh hehehe^^ sooo if you run into someone with a long sword and a female character that keeps doing this over and over, then you probably found me kek^^ if i could select a fatalis quest, id do that to double over here hehehe^^ yes i know, im pretty bad but idc cuz im happy hehehe^^

"dont trip people with the long sword" kek i do that all the time when im online hehehe^^ i have a way of goofing off like that online, mainly cuz if i decide to play when im bored i want to make myself laugh hehehe^^ sooo if you run into someone with a long sword and a female character that keeps doing this over and over, then you probably found me kek^^ if i could select a fatalis quest, id do that to double over here hehehe^^ yes i know, im pretty bad but idc cuz im happy hehehe^^
Do you even have the game? o_O

Do you even have the game? o_O

kek, i would if i wasnt spending all my spare cash on uhh....something else, but i did this on the demo before hehehe^^(yes i forgot to say that kek). i have a couple friends i sometimes do this with and we're just sitting there tripping each other with longswords and we're always laughing and really loud when we do that hehehe^^ but, we only do that when we're uhhh....ehehehe, nothing^^ but we always get a good laugh doing it kek.

Use the Insect Glaive... Oh is that not an etiquette? Never mind then

Reactions: Iridium Winter
  • When you die, come back. Well, except if you have Def 284, Fire -40 against a G-Rank Gogmazios. But then I wonder why you came at all.
  • And come back quickly. Because one less hunter on the field means the remaining ones have more pressure from the monster. This is of course especially true when you were not even 4 from the beginning. So when you die, just run back on the field. Then only you can drink your Mega Armorskin and whatever if you want to drink that.
  • Obviously, this doesn't mean "come back and attack as soon as you can". Once back on the field (with the music back), stay close to the exit and take your time to drink and eat everything you want without being killed again, but at least the other hunters don't feel like they have Taunt on them.
Not sure if everyone agrees with those ones but I feel like they are good ideas. I've seen too much "combos" where a monster kills one of us, then that guy takes so much time to come back that a second one dies, and then we're only two on the field and we don't last 15 seconds before the third death.

Reactions: 3823
Online etiquette?

-Don't finish the quest before the newbie even has a chance to take a swing at something :cry:

Reactions: Hayleia
Online etiquette?

-Don't finish the quest before the newbie even has a chance to take a swing at something :cry:
True story this. It doesn't help the newbie if he's carried to G without learning anything then faces a G-Rank Kecha Wacha with an armor with 100 Def.

But on the other hand, the online mode is starting to empty itself so I don't really know what's better. It used to be easy to find halls with people the same level as you doing the exact quest you want, but now it's not so easy and you kind of have to deal with "overpowered" people carrying you through quests... Simply because they too didn't find a hall doing what they wanted so they just decided to go to a random high rank hall.

Reactions: Blue Knight
True story this. It doesn't help the newbie if he's carried to G without learning anything then faces a G-Rank Kecha Wacha with an armor with 100 Def.

But on the other hand, the online mode is starting to empty itself so I don't really know what's better. It used to be easy to find halls with people the same level as you doing the exact quest you want, but now it's not so easy and you kind of have to deal with "overpowered" people carrying you through quests... Simply because they too didn't find a hall doing what they wanted so they just decided to go to a random high rank hall.
Starting to empty? :eek:

I thought it was pretty active still. (Which is sad, since I just got hooked :()

Back