Online Etiquette

• Thread starter 3823
  • Start date
Starting to empty? :eek:

I thought it was pretty active still. (Which is sad, since I just got hooked :()
Well last year, when I was playing it, in "Find a Gathering Hall" I would select a level (HR 1-7 or G1-3) and always get 5 pages of halls, then I'd press "Retry" and get 5 other pages of halls, etc. Today, I never get more than 3 pages, and obviously, when I press "Retry", the same pages come back.
Actually, one thing that bothered me back then was how "G3" basically meant "73 halls about the Gogmazios and 8 about other stuff, good luck finding these 8 halls", but now I sometimes want to do a Gog and don't find any available hall...

But it doesn't mean it's inactive, it only means that the ones who started last year can see the difference ^^

Reactions: Blue Knight
Well last year, when I was playing it, in "Find a Gathering Hall" I would select a level (HR 1-7 or G1-3) and always get 5 pages of halls, then I'd press "Retry" and get 5 other pages of halls, etc. Today, I never get more than 3 pages, and obviously, when I press "Retry", the same pages come back.
Actually, one thing that bothered me back then was how "G3" basically meant "73 halls about the Gogmazios and 8 about other stuff, good luck finding these 8 halls", but now I sometimes want to do a Gog and don't find any available hall...

But it doesn't mean it's inactive, it only means that the ones who started last year can see the difference ^^
I see, well, as long as peeps here in Pedia still play it regularly, that'd be fine xD

• Avoid using "dank memes" such as "Je Suis Monté" or spamming "Baguette" when playing with French players. Generally, it's not that "dank", and it's fun only for the people making the joke. Same applies to any country and their stereotypes (such as "Ikea" spamming with Swedish players (Yes, it exists)).
  • Longsword tripping: unless if it's because of some newbie trying to learn the LS, then, it's your fault. Bad positioning makes you prone to get tripped by any player; regardless of weapon.
  • Don't be rude because somebody joined your hall and don't have that fancy "Honed Blade/Challenger+2/AttackUp(XL)" or "WeaknessExploit/ElementUp/(Element)Atk+3" set. Who knows, they could be working on it !
  • Avoid kicking while other players are carving, unless said player did absolutely nothing (as in, don't even try helping) or almost ruined the game (as in, intentional KO, or intentional bad set or actions that could penalize other players).
  • Don't forget your ammo (if you're a gunner), or your Whetstones (if you're a Blademaster). It can happen to everybody, but try to check your Inventory at least once before accepting the quest!
  • Flaming. Do I seriously have to explain why ? It works the same way in any game, and it only have one effect: annoying or make your team mates stop playing with you.
  • Before bashing that newbie because "lulz he has hr2 armor", have you asked him if you could help (NOT AS IN "I'll carry you, just wait here!" < That's wrong, the player won't get the fun nor the experience needed to progress!) ?
I think it sums up what I was thinking about. Basically, act just like it was real life, don't swear/make fun of people, don't use overused meme jokes, try to help if you can, try to check your positioning and it should go well.

Reactions: Blue Knight and 3823
  • Avoid using "dank memes" such as "Je Suis Monté" or spamming "Baguette" when playing with French players. Generally, it's not that "dank", and it's fun only for the people making the joke. Same applies to any country and their stereotypes (such as "Ikea" spamming with Swedish players (Yes, it exists)).
  • Don't be rude because somebody joined your hall and don't have that fancy "Honed Blade/Challenger+2/AttackUp(XL)" or "WeaknessExploit/ElementUp/(Element)Atk+3" set. Who knows, they could be working on it !
  • Before bashing that newbie because "lulz he has hr2 armor", have you asked him if you could help (NOT AS IN "I'll carry you, just wait here!" < That's wrong, the player won't get the fun nor the experience needed to progress!) ?
I think it sums up what I was thinking about. Basically, act just like it was real life, don't swear/make fun of people, don't use overused meme jokes, try to help if you can, try to check your positioning and it should go well.
I obviously don't make fun of people when there isn't a reason (since making fun of people is bad) but I still have a "Lol French" shoutout for a very specific kind of people (not all French people, I'm French myself so that would be stupid), the ones who get 10 points using the following list, and surprisingly it happens quite often:
  • (3 points) Join your hall and post their quest without saying hi
  • (2 points) Don't speak one word of English (they say "couper la queue" instead of "cut the tail, or they don't react when you say "don't attack when someone is mounting")
  • (3 points) Don't speak French either it seems since they use "sa" instead of "ça"
  • (2 point) Have no skill on their armor, 1 bonus point if they still used gems to get that result (I wouldn't count any point on that one on HR2 quests obviously, but I never do anything under HR7 and I'd say you need skills when you're about to be G. Plus, I really mean "no skill", not "no interesting skill", so it's easy to avoid these points, just make a full set)
  • (1 point) Can't mount
  • (1 point) Don't eat before going on quest
  • (1 point) Keep attacking a mounted monster
  • (1 point) Have "shadow" or a derivative in their name (no joke, a lot of people who already scored high on that chart also score 1 point here)
And believe it or not, the ones who score 10 or more are all French, as one can tell from their reactions (they say "yes XD" on the chat for example).

Reactions: D4rkDragon
Just a little something to add; if you've entered a G-Crown hall, please, please, make sure you've at least unlocked the "Drive" Wystone.

Now, obviously this isn't normally intentional. However during higher difficulty quests, encountering "Apex" monsters becomes common. Without the "Drive" stone, your hits will bounce off, effectively reducing your damage to a negligible level.

This only really applies to 4U, and as the game has been out for quite a while I have been encountering this issue less often. Nonetheless, it's always the worst feeling having to kick someone when they meant no harm, just because they lacked one specific thing from a few very specific quests.

Well it depends. If they are still doing G1 keys, they don't really need Drive. It's true that actually, on my first G1 quest (the stupid Seltas), I met my first Rajang and it was Apex (and we got rekt). But that was just random and Drive would not have saved us.
Now obviously yeah, if the hall is doing Apex quests, then probably come with Drive...

I don't know if anybody has said this but:
Don't stand there and watch your whole party take down the beast for you

Don't try and solo something if you're under leveled

And don't be a jerk :p

I don't know if anybody has said this but:
Don't stand there and watch your whole party take down the beast for you

Don't try and solo something if you're under leveled

And don't be a jerk :p
You can't be underlevelled... And you don't solo stuff online, anyways :p

You can't be underlevelled... And you don't solo stuff online, anyways :p
When I mean solo I mean go ahead of the group

Back