Overwatch for NX

• Thread starter Oscar836
  • Start date
Oscar836

Oscar836

Virtual Chores
Towns Folk
Imagine Overwatch for NX with amiibo functions, for example, using a Mario amiibo it will unlock a Mario skin for all characters, like Tracer using the iconic Mario hat and overall on Tracer or a Pikachu amiibo that unlocks a similar Pikachu jacket like Tamashi Hiroka on every character and by register every amiibo from a Nintendo franchise you unlock a map like Mushroom Kingdom that the Bowsers airship is the car and you need to move it to all the Mushroom Kingdom to the top of Peach's castle and many other Nintendo based maps for Overwatch.

Another good idea would be if they make an amiibo game mode that the only thing that you need to do is watch how your amiibo compete to other amiibos like Smash but instead is a game mode only for amiibos and not players and you need to train your amiibo by level up him, show him new moves and using the mic to speak with your amiibo and tell him what to do, like on CS:GO players from your team help you continue with the match by telling you what to do. I would like to collect every Overwatch amiibo, it would look nice to have the Overwatch heroes on a shelf.

Also like Tsunekazu Ishihara (CEO of The Pokemon Company) said that the Nintendo NX would be a hybrid between handheld and home console, so we could play demanding PC games on the go and on our living room, something that PS4, Xbox One and even the PC can't do, something that only Nintendo players can experience.

LgS31gN.jpg

No, I wouldn't want Overwatch on the NX and I don't think Nintendo is ever gonna put Overwatch ever on the NX. And I don't think the creators of Overwatch would give Nintendo permission to put Overwatch on the NX. Pc games never get love on Nintendo consoles and I would like it to stay that way.

I wouldn't mind Overwatch on NX, haven't played it so I could give it a try. Likely won't ever happen tho.

Oooof course, Nintendo can always take the concept and do something even better. Say, if there's no Smash game for NX, they could do a crossover between Nintendo's IPs in a multiplayer third-person shooter as a replacement ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was literally thinking about this the other week, but didn't feel like making it into a thread. :hilarious:

Probably won't happen, sadly. That is, unless the NX sells really well and becomes extremely successful, then maybe. But who knows, Nintendo could be in the background making contracts with top notch game companies to ensure the NX's prosperity, including Blizzard Entertainment. An Oopa can dream... :rolleyes:

It would be nice, but never going to happen. Triple A PC games will never make it to NX and I don't think Nintendo needs them.

Even though an Overwatch port to the NX would be kinda cool but, I wouldn't really see Nintendo accepting it. Even though after years Minecraft is finally on a Nintendo system I wouldn't really see Overwatch on it. I also honestly wouldn't see amiibo compatibility along with it. Overwatch is not really a game that goes well with toys being compatible with it. Amiibos only work well in Nintendo games because Nintendo was also a toy company so compatibility among those games make since. Despite Blizzard being able to make more sales, I don't really see the purpose of bringing it to the NX.

I'd love to see this, to be honest. I don't get why people say no to having popular PC third-party games on Nintendo consoles, it would boost the NX's library a lot and help sales of the console if you have a bunch of big games coming to it and plus, the Amiibo function would be very cool.

It looks like a game that would be popular on NX mainly because of how it looks kinda like TF2 but now it has a lot of hype and if it was a launch title for NX, that guarantees probably at least half a million sales. I'd say go for it, but it is very unlikely.

I wouldn't think that it is a bad idea to have Overwatch for the NX, but then again there is almost no chance that it will ever happen, but if it could happen I would definitely try it out. Also by the way even if Overwatch did come out for the NX it would be even more unlikely for there to be Amiibo support (or at least in my opinion I would think it is unlikely).

We'd see a new F-Zero before that ever happens.

and by register every amiibo from a Nintendo franchise you unlock a map like Mushroom Kingdom

That, my friend, is the most expensive DLC idea I've ever heard

Reactions: Ethendor and Mizunil
Seems doubtful, we're dealing with two of the most obstinate companies here in Nintendo and Blizzard. Also controls on it would feel awkward I feel, the controller didn't look the most comfortable

PS: Who plays a shooter on a console? PC Master Race yo! Shooters were bred for PCs!

I play shooters on console, daily.

The controls for Overwatch on PS4 are quite comfortable and enjoyable, they work pretty well, specially with a Scuf when you play characters like Pharah. I don't see it happening, but not because it couldn't work well on it.

My point more was that the Switch controller itself seems a touch uncomfortable. The PS4 and XBone controllers are designed to be gripped in the most comfortable manner possible, which the Switch, at least from its ad, didn't seem as optimised towards.

As for the PC comment, that's just the old CS player in me who's still confused by shooters with anything other than with a mouse, not an attack at anyone.

This is the Switch Pro Controller:

h2nep7v8huvyxon4qwya.png

It has a similar layout than the XB1 controller. Since people have been able to play Splatoon pretty well with the gamepad itself as well, I don't really see an issue there.

Joy-Con-930x682.jpg

From what I understood this is the controller that you'll get with the Switch, with the pro controller being an additional accessory you could purchase. At face value this controller seemed rather uncomfortable to me, but I always have been finicky about my controllers (especially since I have big hands). While the pro controller seems pretty solid, this one seems a little tough to use.

I agree for the first one, though it does seem better than the gamepad on the wii u, which you end up being used to.

I think that if someone wants to play Overwatch on Nintengo, they will go all in and get the pro controller as well for the extra comfort, it would make sense to me!

For sure, the pro controller almost seems like a must buy to me

Well, to me it definitly is! Lets just hope that it will have more support than the Wii U Controller Pro had.

Oh God the WiiU Pro Controller support was sad. The only game I've ever used it for was Smash

While Blizzard has expressed interest in the Switch, it seems highly unlikely that Overwatch will receive a port. This is mostly due to the game's rather high spec requirements, and the Nintendo Switch not being a very beefy console, it would only likely be able to run a toned-down version of the game.

Back