Gen 2 Panda's Pokémon Crystal Let's Play (Screenshot)

• Thread starter Pandaxclone2
  • Start date

Should I choose...

• Chikorita

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • Totodile

Votes: 18 41.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@jasjas The voting has finished already and the starter selected.
Ahh okay Totodile is good too!
When are you starting?

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
I'm starting very soon but I'm experiencing technical difficulties. I'm working with the mods to see if this can be fixed.

Reactions: Robbie
I'm starting very soon but I'm experiencing technical difficulties. I'm working with the mods to see if this can be fixed.
Oh okay. I hope that everything ends up working out!

Yus
Can't wait :nailbiting:

Here is update one. I’m not gonna lie; right now I’ve got butterflies in my stomach at the time of playing this, but here we go!

Update 1: Our Journey Begins

ZfZxCB6.png

Credit where credit is due, you guys/gals made a really awesome franchise.

tHfMf4L.png

pdlXAFW.png

This is your chance Ditto, show them what you’re made o- annnnnd you just turned into a logo… :facepalm: That’s it, back to the day care with you.

O5gWU9w.png

O1WPGo7.png

ILLUMINATI ARE UPON US!

iQyifhi.png

c4mxJKl.png

HELP, THEY’RE TRYING TO CATCH ME WITH THEIR REPTILIAN LANGUAGE! :eek:

eR1SrKr.png
tphrYB5.png

ko6eQKF.png

Pichu be like, “Was that Sonic just now?”

LQ8Kzlj.png
ihq45WU.png
4nc5yN9.png

WibHBFw.png
:eek:
Bmishba.png
VomhOOH.png
d6Moq7O.png
Eix7UES.png

SOMEBODY HELP ME!

j61azr7.png

Opening

PBpyP9Q.png
vIrZPWw.png

A new challenger approaches!

esoCk5d.png

Yes yes yesyesyes YES thank you SOOOO MUCH. :cry: I live to see another day…

KLh3wXt.png

I wonder what this indecipherable language could possibly be saying.

FBQOGNt.png

Title Screen

And here we are at Pokémon Crystal! Incidentally Suicune’s gem thingy in the background here looks like the GameCube logo and this game happened to come out a year before the console's debut in Japan. But hey, that’s just a THEORY.

rPu04Yt.png

JkFWk9F.png

hRBcX7s.png
O3046rd.png
Art by @P2.0

Fun fact, this is the first Pokémon main series game ever to actually introduce gender choice. Anyway I’ll be picking girl here.

ctHgjuG.png

sfKPD89.png

I’m… sorry? No need to yell… :oops:

Kwonlo8.png

Sure.

qipaoSK.png

MusWTxF.png

Too much binge watching on Netflix, eh?

6RiXH7k.png

Route 30

C3OjgNk.png
Welcome to the world of Pokémon! My name is Oak. People call me the Pokémon Professor!

eo2xKix.png
oPhDSvz.png

That one looks too happy for my liking…

C3OjgNk.png
People and Pokémon live together by supporting each other. Some people play with Pokémon, some battle with them. But we don’t know everything about Pokémon yet. There are still mysteries to solve. That’s why I study Pokémon every day.

You don’t say? Huh, the general consensus amongst the public is that Pokémon are basically slaves to their masters instead of “supporting each other.” You should write a book or something, spread the word to expose these false claims.

kyrVDGJ.png

Hi Kris! :3 It’s a shame you couldn’t make it to Heart Gold and Soul Silver. I don’t even know what was going on in their heads, replacing Pokémon’s first in-game female protagonist with another woman. She had no right to take your place in the remakes. :mad:

Rz1OBWn.png

Yeah it’s a little unoriginal but hey, better than just slapping my username in there I suppose.

C3OjgNk.png
Christy, are you ready? Your very own Pokémon story is about to unfold. You’ll face fun times and tough challenges. A world of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits! Let’s go!

lgX8ogR.gif

EVERYTHING HURTS!!

e7yT7fg.png

New Bark Town

And here is our house! I gotta admit, between this game and Red/Blue/Yellow, the color was a mindblowing change here for me.

BEUY36Q.png

jgX82RW.png

LuP90mp.png
Uh-oh, mom’s sitting at the table. If I can just sneak over here maybe she won’t notice m-

86qyZIL.png

Mom's Theme

LuP90mp.png
Dangit. >.<

Cd6u5i1.png
au7gnR7.png

Warning, the name Christy may contain unintentional hilarity as a side effect.

MB0fn9X.png
oE3awS5.png

LuP90mp.png
You didn’t even ask what it was? Aren’t you worried that he might try to do something?

KjVKv9S.png
anKg8oS.png

I0wWieh.png
isSkePp.png

The Pokégear is essentially the first multipurpose device of the Pokémon franchise and is not dissimilar to: the PokéNav (Gen III), the Pokétch (Gen IV) and the C-Gear (Gen V). Specifically this device allows you a list of trainers and VIP phone numbers you can contact (and in the case of trainers, delete if need be.) Later on we’ll be getting other apps for it.

Lek3TQK.png
EP14sHc.png

Why wasn’t this asked before? Seems like a pretty odd thing to segment.

Jz8qioQ.png

She also asks if it’s Daylight Saving Time or not.

t2yenna.png

jygNs5D.png

LuP90mp.png
You know what, I’ll just leave. You two have your talk, I’ll go check out what Elm wants. If I’m not back in the next couple of hours or so, call the police.

spvtcGW.png

LuP90mp.png
Hello, beautiful town. :cat:

8MVCUt2.png
MQa8vDY.png

zk9jvAA.png

It’s good to have a fresh start ever since Old Bark Town bit the dust.

LuP90mp.png
Okay so Elm needs me. Where’s his lab at?

sFnAtG9.png

LuP90mp.png
Ah, here it is; conveniently placed in front of the suspicious person.

waqb13c.png
gE19o2U.png

lCKe3GL.png

LuP90mp.png
Hello suspicious person.

86uDvgU.png

LuP90mp.png
You, silly. :3

o6nFvKA.gif

LuP90mp.png
Oi, that was really rude. :< If you wanted me to leave you could’ve just asked.

GaECpBv.png
b5QqJsm.png

uy44h6i.png

Professor Elm's Laboratory

Never gonna get old. :rotfl:

7fQYR8f.png

LuP90mp.png
Yeah, I need to let you know about the rude suspicious person hiding behind your sign outside. You should call the poli-

yUtjiJd.png
ezMCdA6.png

0PbN5op.png

LuP90mp.png
You’re being rude right now! And what is so important that you could possibly need me fo-

HZ4cCEq.png
vtYeK9T.png

LuP90mp.png
Oh. Okay, shutting up now.

AatHyQB.png
kD1KME5.png

80lSxIG.png

LuP90mp.png
I don’t need any more annoying fairies than the one in my N64, Elm.

bE7H9o4.png
9sI7FPO.png

H2yMrQ4.png
Aq2i0pY.png

4w5ztk2.png
PbYpGFI.png

LuP90mp.png
What? What is real?

U70owkM.png
QlTmbg6.png

LuP90mp.png
Okay, don’t tell me. Couldn't possibly be that important if you can't even state what the discovery is.

VlVuOKA.png
U8bHRKs.png

LuP90mp.png
You do? Well that's a relief, why don't you tell me?

u3uwNs8.png
zfNNLHD.png

y7KHfBN.png
CatkiQM.png

LuP90mp.png
Welp. I'm sure whatever it is will have to wait; it's Pokemon picking time now.

c4QuSXl.png
ChsEhhZ.png
9CxxFYw.png

LuP90mp.png
Ehh. Too much fire. Too plant based. Plants suck. ……

9CxxFYw.png

LuP90mp.png
FRICKING. GENIUS.

mJtm3so.png
8j1pkNa.png

LuP90mp.png
You bet! It’s gonna be a really adorable name too!

IO1LMAL.png

Kudos to @mourning_sun for the nickname.

vBL6GIC.png
sZE0GNF.png

tXhkVJb.png
r2PqCCF.png

M7u5vaK.png
PxXw6XK.png

LuP90mp.png
Admit it, you were just doing this so you could swap numbers with me, didn’t you? :meh:

eswwJZA.png
HQBMHjT.png

pQLhSOp.png

LuP90mp.png
Which Nurse Joy did you sleep with to get that?

9OY9e1A.png
7IarKY4.png

LuP90mp.png
I’ll be going now. Onwards to Mr. Pokém-

We2M7pu.png

LuP90mp.png
OH GAWD I WAS RIGHT THIS IS A HORRIBLE TRAP! :eek:

y6gU6fU.png
KalERE0.png

sk89jEd.png

LuP90mp.png
Nevermind, false alarm. :oops: I’ll just go now before I embarrass myself any further.

24vUUdf.png

Let's check around town and wrap things up for today, shall we?

ujArPKK.png
8xR2n9l.png

7JK8wDz.png

LuP90mp.png
You hear? You know Elm's lab is just north west a few steps from your location, right? You could go ask him. Heck, he could probably show you those other two starters I didn't get.

PADu8Wb.png
v2P8AC4.png

LuP90mp.png
I've had this for awhile actually but it needed repairs. A word of caution; do not sleep in your bed with your Pokégear in your pocket.

YN1kBGA.png

LuP90mp.png
Ah, Elm's house. Let's pay his family a visit.

WovYyfh.png
8X3vsG0.png

RgK9PFm.png
3PYUogh.png

LuP90mp.png
I wouldn't worry too much. He has an aide who helps out so he's covered in case something goes wrong. Although I'd keep an eye out on where he goes if you catch my drift.

JmJYekN.png
D5AiTWI.png

kJVJJCb.png
EVJ3Bam.png

CaAdteo.png
zBIkPbd.png

Obvious forshadowing alluding to some new features in this game.

LuP90mp.png
... It's a part of Professor Elm's research papers. Wait, how the heck do I know that!?

xDeV1AE.png
b9VOtbs.png

pu9vFAs.png
vAvVWdn.png

They have a great callback professor right here for the future.

vtnpS2i.png
pJ6OjCd.png

Q4GzTq0.png
xzSFbdL.png

3bzupt0.png
OOeyFfE.png

Professor Elm; majors in evolution, somehow found out that Pikachu's an evolved Pokemon. Doesn't even know where Pokemon babies come from.

5xQCY2t.png
QGnZin4.png

LuP90mp.png
You know, he's a bit underhanded on staff at the moment. You might wanna try getting a job as one of his aides.

And there is update one finished. Next time on two; Route 29 and Cherrygrove City.

Also, do you like the current colors or would you like the real colors? The current one is how the game would look like if you were playing it on a Gameboy Color, which isn't how the colors actually look. Lemme know in your posts. :cat:

Also, if you're an artist don't be shy to post some fan-art. It would be great to see your awesome artwork done for this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Knight, Starry Windy, Kadaj and 8 others
Oh my goodness. The way you set up this is AMAZING. I really love the layout and how you do the pictures and ahh..it was so fun to read!! Wow! That must have taken forever between taking all the screenshots, and then adding them to the layout.

Overall, amazing job. I will be following you on this!

For the colours, the colours you put are nice but I prefer the original colours! If you don't want to do that it's totally fine.

Will probably make some art at one point, even though I'm not the best at drawing!

Overall fantastic job. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Robbie, Mr. Kream, Pandaxclone2 and 1 other person
I agree with @jasjas on everything except on the colors, I prefer it like this but it's just my opinion :D
An amazing job nevertheless and I, too, shall follow this thread :thumbsup:

Oh my goodness. The way you set up this is AMAZING. I really love the layout and how you do the pictures and ahh..it was so fun to read!! Wow! That must have taken forever between taking all the screenshots, and then adding them to the layout.

Overall, amazing job. I will be following you on this!

For the colours, the colours you put are nice but I prefer the original colours! If you don't want to do that it's totally fine.

Will probably make some art at one point, even though I'm not the best at drawing!

Overall fantastic job. :thumbsup:

I agree with @jasjas on everything except on the colors, I prefer it like this but it's just my opinion :D
An amazing job nevertheless and I, too, shall follow this thread :thumbsup:

Thank you both. It really means a lot to me that you enjoy this, and it helps getting feedback on what works and what doesn't. And yes, it did take some time to set this up.

And I forgot to mention: You can suggest names for Pokemon and even Pokemon caught, and it doesn't matter if one person's already suggested; if there's more suggestions for a Pokemon caught, it'll likely up the chances. Also, if you happen to want a Pokemon named that has already been suggested for a name, it will be put to an RNG for selecting.

Last edited:
Oh my gosh! This was amazing! Keep it up, and I love the colors right now!
The " Hey. Listen. " really made my day!

Reactions: Blue Knight, Starry Windy and Pandaxclone2
Prepare thy self. A fanart is coming..... soon..

Reactions: Pandaxclone2 and Robbie
OMG this is amazing! \:D/ Don't change anything! And did I say that your commentry is hilarious? :hilarious:

I agree with @jasjas on everything except the colours. The original ones would be great but these ones are good too :D

Reactions: Pandaxclone2 and 2179
The final draft is done... now i just have to make sure not to mess up the coloring

For thoes who want the early treat <3
imgur.com/7eFqrW6

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Pandaxclone2 and Robbie
I'll put that up for you as an image, Earth. ;)

7eFqrW6.png

Reactions: Robbie, Livada and Pandaxclone2
Be sure to complete the spoopy illuminati Dex
62px-201Unown_I_Dream.png
91px-201Unown_L_Dream.png
91px-201Unown_L_Dream.png
120px-201Unown_U_Dream.png
120px-201Unown_M_Dream.png
120px-201Unown_N_Dream.png
63px-201Unown_A_Dream.png
86px-201Unown_T_Dream.png

Reactions: Pandaxclone2, Robbie and Livada
Next update is here.

Update 2: Back to Basics

0KNCKtQ.png

Route 29

Here is our first route in the game, despite the fact that it says Route 29. This will become clear later on. Unless you're one of the many viewers who already know why. :p

GK2WbE6.png
3zAthsR.png

LuP90mp.png
Psh, I should be fi-

kBHRFcY.gif

Johto Wild Pokémon Battle (Day)

:eek:

vaQ3QDo.gif
rNlC5US.png

Our first wild Pokémon encounter is a Pidgey! And incidentally, these are one of the little things about Pokémon games after RBY that I like and think add to each title's success; they try to ease you in early on with familiar Pokémon you've seen prior to them, giving the newer Pokémon some leeway to break in instead of just flat-out new Pokémon only. (I'm looking at you, Black & White.)

Of course nowadays that's less effective as time goes on and we get more gens, but it was most successful here which is probably in part why Gen II is/was the most popular generation. But I digress; back to the Let's Play!

4TsYDU3.png
c2Jtx7A.png

oZbcWur.png

This went on between the two for a short moment until...

9w8oGYD.png
sVJVunx.png

ytvdMKE.png

LuP90mp.png
What just happened? :confused:

MiLeSZQ.png
98hCdLH.png

Another neat thing, Gen II was the first to use a held item system. Game Freak showcased this by putting a berry on the starter you received, knowing that in all likelihood your Pokémon will get too hurt at some point during your walk through this route.

Anyway, the berry. All it does is give 10 HP back to the user if either used or held when the Pokémon's health gets too low.

2Y6oVie.png
fZfCOXt.png

Victory! Wild Pokémon

Another cool thing is the experience bar they added. Originally there was no bar in RBY so the only way you could know how much longer you had to level up was to check the Pokémon's stats.

1LG831B.png
fPzOLws.png

KmQBUB2.png

LuP90mp.png
It's a good thing they have berries. Did you know about that one?

fJttzDd.png

LuP90mp.png
Oooo a Pokéball! Finders keepers. :3

UpO2SRv.png

LuP90mp.png
Well that's silly. Who's putting items in Pokéballs? Can I at least use the Pokéball still?

j79y5ay.png

Okay so speaking of items in bags, I've completely forgotten to show the menu. Here we have the Pokémon menu, which as you'd expect shows the Pokémon in your party.

JUGXjuq.png
1AdghnK.png

And here's Cocopuff's stats since I forgot to show that. Disregard the fact that the first image is Level 6, it was taken later.

ibzh3Qe.gif
du2LT3T.png

msTAs05.png

W2KSPJ4.png

Next up is the PACK option, which opens up our bag. This is another great improvement on Gen II as not only does it allow much more items than RBY (20)...

wEOIfh4.png
EgyHG1Q.png

okUYaRe.png

...but they're also seperated into their own menus too. Obviously not much now but it's a much better system than what Gen I has to offer.

mMG3nR9.png
44E6fht.png

Pokégear opens up this menu which gives you the in-game time you've set. Move over to the phone icon and you'll access your phone list which you can then use to ring people up.

f0y3N44.png
C3rN9HA.png

Christy (Or whatever you named your character) leads to the Trainer Card menu, where you can look at the time played, money collected, badges obtained and your ID number.

oGav6Wv.png
3fWswJd.png

Finally save does exactly what it says on the tin, Option allows you to change a few things like text speed, what text box type you want, stereo/mono ect., and Exit just exits out of the menu.

Fun fact, "Save" in the japanese releases of Pokémon is called "Report". The idea is that the player wrote down their current progress into a journal or similar. It's not much but it's a nice way of keeping the player immersed a little more.

A few battles later...

307G0OW.png
yFOnR9B.png

Cocopuff levels up!

HjS0SzQ.png
MklDPhk.png

LuP90mp.png
Already done that now, but thank you.

oYK7OO3.png
YbdgHST.png

Each route has it's own Pokémon to find. Not only that, but depending on the time of day you can encounter different Pokémon in a single route, another nifty feature of the clock system in Gen II.

NVON7TE.png

LuP90mp.png
And you can't tell me what I can and can't do.

iU4MgM0.png
m5msQUY.png

Route 32

LuP90mp.png
Damn he was right. It was worth a shot anyway.

nqkVoCg.png
bxypj3z.png

lw5uFLq.png

LuP90mp.png
Well since I've already used one, that works out nicely. :3

ch4ilMd.png

LuP90mp.png
Finally, I get out of this route and ask for directions to Mr. Pokémo-

ctHgjuG.png

hzvloZf.png

LuP90mp.png
W-what the hell!? It's night-time? Did I just pass out? What's the time?

wA2ri7P.png

LuP90mp.png
10:37!! I've been out for FOUR HOURS!? Aww hell, I gotta get to the Pokémon Center and fast.

DNPhMlM.png

Cherrygrove City

LuP90mp.png
An old man. He should be able to help me.

LkUO08J.png
xb82jt5.png

9lLMxGl.png
zZU54eR.png

LuP90mp.png
Excuse me sir, I need help.

X5d5qYp.png
yy7RPZn.png

LuP90mp.png
Not right now, I need to find the- Hey, what're you doing!?

IEU8cUN.png

Come Along

LuP90mp.png
You can't just drag people around when they say no, especially in an emergency!

aLuDB6f.png
NGORt9M.png

6FDr73j.png
K37zcLj.png

LuP90mp.png
Oh good, thank you for at least taking me here. I got to go no-

YaSqMOM.png
9a61jyv.png

utUphHy.png

LuP90mp.png
Yeah okay, I get it. Can you please let go of my wrist now?

lCiaVI3.png
Art by @P2.0

LuP90mp.png
Nevermnd then, just make this tour quick.

jhoH8JS.png
OJzw9Yj.png

ltY2JCR.png

LuP90mp.png
I guess Mr. Pokémon might be up here.

kAzH36l.png

LuP90mp.png
Are you kidding me? For real right now? I know what the sea is. :meh:

ZHevA6O.png
73F6tkf.png

LuP90mp.png
What're you doing? Why are we here?

tlGD9rn.png
csLQnMW.png

nIgzuQv.png
4uzRRBJ.png

LuP90mp.png
Oh. Thanks. I mean, I was gonna press charges but since you gave me this gift I'll let it slide. I've got an emergency anyway.

BBdL5Lg.png
OpAo5r2.png

hK09eQI.png

LuP90mp.png
Bye old dude.

joDDWAA.png

The Map card adds a map of Johto to the Pokégear, which helps when you need to know where to go next. Late on I should be getting one more card for the Pokégear.

OyINFYD.png
9G9FnRu.png

Pokémon Center

LuP90mp.png
Thank you, and could I get some medical attention? I've been unconsious for four hours and I'm very worried. I hope something isn't wrong... :(

m5JTsxI.png
Art by @P2.0

And that's it for today's update. Next time, we'll make it to Mr. Pokémon and see what's up.

Reactions: Danny, Kadaj, Robbie and 2 others
wow i love your screenshots hehehe^^ theyre pretty good! and your commentary on your posts make it even better hehehe^^ keep it up! its great!^^

Update 3: A New Discovery

tkkqXoS.png

LuP90mp.png
That doctor's a quack! "You're fine"? How could I be fine when I've been passed out for 4 hours?

WP6HnCS.png
j7nyFqd.png

XbtXn5q.png

LuP90mp.png
A nice selection of items you have, but I'll pass for now.

riRYxeH.png
6SJSIsR.png

LuP90mp.png
Well thank you. At least somebody in this town has decency and common sense.

u6ygeMc.png

Route 30

IrkQbjf.png

LuP90mp.png
Neat, but right now I need to find Mr. Pokemon.

f2r8PGe.png

Berry get!

kMuFhP6.png
X3aA5M2.png

I8qBy8u.png

LuP90mp.png
You're kidding, really? Today I learned.

vc5ov0J.png
zWOMlHZ.png

LuP90mp.png
I take the smart alec comment back, thank you sir. :3

Along the way I found...

VZeKKz8.png

oJGIZ8m.png
LVBaKc4.png

LuP90mp.png
You mean this way or that other way? Come to think of it, what's going on over here?

GwmjhUk.png
HRNUpSX.png

A0pnE4V.gif

Gotta love how they show what the Pokemon matches would look like in the overworld.

OZRfSUl.png
Pc0MlVg.png

K2fzHbB.gif

LuP90mp.png
Okay first off, rude because I'm just spectating and secondly, "big battle"? Two Ratattas a big battle does not make.

BtQcAi9.png

LuP90mp.png
Okay, I admit I should've taken notice of this sign sooner.

Before we go into Mr. Pokemon's place...

aPUZFkW.png

A new berry! As the name suggests it cures the poison status when used or being poisoned while held.

COjT1D2.png
OUewRo0.png

XT4pYTO.png
This is what I want Professor Elm to examine.

1WlA1zp.png

LuP90mp.png
Is it an edible egg?

XT4pYTO.png
I know a couple who run a Pokemon day-care service. They gave me that egg. I was intrigued, so I sent mail to Professor Elm.

LuP90mp.png
So you're telling me this is all for an egg? You sure the day-care's not pulling your leg by handing you a painted easter egg or something?

XT4pYTO.png
For Pokemon evolution, Professor Elm is the authority. If my assumption is correct, Professor Elm will know it.

gxsx9rP.png

Professor Oak's Theme

LuP90mp.png
Gah! Don't sneak up on me like that! :eek:

C3OjgNk.png
I'm Oak! A Pokemon researcher. I was just visiting my old friend Mr. Pokemon.

LuP90mp.png
An old man's party, great. Also, I distinctly remember having adream about you where you yelled at me for telling you the time. Have you been sitting in my room while I was asleep or something?

C3OjgNk.png
I heard you were running an errand for Professor Elm, so I waited here.

JpkOarW.png
2YXMIEa.png

LuP90mp.png
You mean Cocopuff? I'm pretty sure Elm's got more of him and the other two starters in the back of his lab.

C3OjgNk.png
Hm, I see! I understand why Professor Elm gave you a Pokemon for this errand.

LuP90mp.png
So I wouldn't be viciously mauled by wild Pokemon the first second I walk into the tall grass? Y'know I once did that as a dare when I was a kid. I got this nasty scar on my foot out of it.

C3OjgNk.png
To researchers like Professor Elm and I, Pokemon are our friends. He saw that you would treat your Pokemon with love and care.

7giLMzj.png

LuP90mp.png
Did anyone else hear a clicking noise just now?

C3OjgNk.png
You seem to be dependable. How would you like to help me out?

LuP90mp.png
Help you out how? I'm kinda in the middle of an errand already, and no weird requests.

C3OjgNk.png
See? This is the latest version of the Pokedex. It automatically records data on Pokemon you've seen or caught. It's a high-tech encyclopedia!

03e9Bre.png

LuP90mp.png
We have this thing called the internet nowadays, Oak. Don't you know kids don't read encyclopedias anymore? Good try making it electronic though, that would've roped some gullible people in.

C3OjgNk.png
Go meet many kinds of Pokemon and complete that Pokedex! But I've stayed too long. I have to get to Goldenrod for my usual radio show.

LuP90mp.png
Wow, a Pokemon professor and a regular radio show host? I'm not buying it but I'll believe it when I see it.

x2UJWFM.png

And then he left.

Wi2N9oO.png
JkSiSJE.png

huGqd66.png

LuP90mp.png
Well Cocopuff does need his beauty sleep.

XhYqxEg.png

znGhK1q.png

LuP90mp.png
Okay so take this egg back to Professor Elm and errand fini-

3Stp2ee.png
LyQYevF.png

RSGHyfd.png

LuP90mp.png
Did you spill your coffee all over your lab coat?

mQKWb9S.png
vSXZH8M.png

A1YolIA.png

LuP90mp.png
You could've at least told me what the problem was.

u1SbsG1.png

Before I forget, lets check this Pokedex menu out. Anyone who is a fan of the anime or even played one of the games knows that this, as Oak put it is basically a little encyclopedia on all the Pokemon you have caught/seen. This generation is the first to utilise the National Dex mode.

89KjTr8.png

It also helps serve a better purpose of figuring out what you've caught and what you still need, but the list will only go as far as the last indexed Pokemon you've seen or caught. Here's Totodile's entry.

7LoUT8T.png
ZDjrHB0.png

qvcRoa1.png

LuP90mp.png
What's up with this tree?

NaZLiKR.png

On my way back to Cherrygrove City, I encountered a Poliwag. Normally you can only encounter these at night time, but fishing in ponds is a more surefire way of getting them.

NTRXGff.png

LuP90mp.png
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee :3

xqZ8Yyw.png
1Rw6n5L.png

LuP90mp.png
Alright so now to make it back to Elm's. Who's that in the distance?

ztaODBR.png
vUgz9Bm.png

Rival's Theme

LuP90mp.png
Oh. It's the rude guy. Gonna play the silent card too, are we?

eznRiw2.png
You got a Pokemon at the lab. What a waste, a wimp like you.

LuP90mp.png
Excuse me? Let's have a fight and see who the rude wimp here is.

eznRiw2.png
Well, I too, have a good Pokemon. I'll show you what I mean!

ktgOojq.gif
kKN6OPv.gif

Rival Battle

zLKkp1V.png
DDwRlxP.png

Somehow, some way, this guy happens to get the type advantaged starter over mine. In Red and Blue it was at least believable since your rival was right there watching you. Perhaps there was a window where he was hiding and he was being a peeping tom?

XoltBQp.png
DVp4IBo.png

LuP90mp.png
I may have the type disadvantage, but I'll still beat your Chikorita. Cocopuff, use Rage!

Yys81KL.png
CSIadFO.png

Not much of a critical. The move Rage works by powering up after each consecutive use of Rage, getting more powerful each turn. However, this only applies as long as you're using Rage; the minute you switch to another move, Rage's power counter is reset.

ETllz6m.png
3ZuBARg.png

This battle lasted two more Rage-fueled turns.

ckariTs.png
YnkMFia.png

eznRiw2.png
Humph. Are you happy you won?

LuP90mp.png
Well, this is my first trainer victory, plus it's against a person who doesn't know how to treat a lady right, so yeah I'm happy with this. :p

bzIFR3K.png

eznRiw2.png
I'm going to be the world's greatest trainer.

BWOuFy8.gif

LuP90mp.png
And you prove my point by shoving me. Learn some etiquette next time.

You can watch that battle right here, but it's not all that exciting.

pMxOxZ5.png

LuP90mp.png
Weeeeeeeeeeeeee :cat:

qlqVEr9.png
s9TWEF2.png

LuP90mp.png
Alright, now to see what all the fuss is about.

ReAJBuP.png

LuP90mp.png
What's going on here?

O5cZluc.png
Art by @P2.0

LuP90mp.png
Oh frick, my mum actually called the cops on you! Officer, there's been a misunderstanding here. You see...

A while later.

LuP90mp.png
...and that's what happened. Elm here's guilty of nothing except perhaps not being present enough for his family.

eoYn6hQ.png
3rs8O7h.png

G0j9eod.png

LuP90mp.png
Oh him? Yeah that's the rude peeping tom who arrogantly thinks he's the best Pokemon trainer. I just fought him on the way back from Mr. Pokemon's place.

JV1wHIN.png
p9kSPvx.png

6iXpip9.png

Name suggested by @mourning_sun and @Mettaton NEO (Aka Mystic.)

3G6cqkW.png
N81P6ny.png

7G4R1UC.png

:rotfl: I'll say.

LuP90mp.png
Sorry about that Elm, I would've gotten this errand done quicker but I had a bit of an accident.

1JHTKxu.png
ZtjuB94.png

LuP90mp.png
Right, that. It's some sort of weird egg. Can you tell me if it's edible or not?

nMzr27F.png
S4OFlQx.png

8Zyb6mS.png

LuP90mp.png
But will it blend? :drool:

pUpX1M0.png
tfWKvqn.png

hYKJ70D.png
mHU4skc.png

LuP90mp.png
Well yeah, I guess so. Are these things expensive or something? If so that's a pretty awesome gift to give someone. I wonder how much it'd fetch on eBay?

XQR8Sf1.png
4SKrpMG.png

tPCNR6m.png
xwNmQcF.png

LuP90mp.png
How exactly does me being gifted a Pokedex automatically mean I'm champion material? It doesn't work like that.

CPkOdtj.png
8WkPmCt.png

MeRArpn.png
LaxXU5z.png

LuP90mp.png
Well I have a Pokemon so I have a chance I guess.

z4pRwlQ.png
sGtgFi9.png

M3vcWd7.png
uGKiZsL.png

ZnHzoYP.png
pJWh7Na.png

LuP90mp.png
Actually for the time being I'm going to bed. I'll see about getting to that tomorrow though. Night Elm.

hSnNciS.png

LuP90mp.png
GAH! Do you get a kick out of scaring people like that?!

hhTW07h.png
iYYFuup.png

LuP90mp.png
Thanks, but wouldn't it be better to call it my Pokemon quest? It's a better blanket term.

sBt3hcd.png

LuP90mp.png
Time to sleep and leave my problems to tomorrow's me.

Next update, Violet City and Bellsprout Tower.

Don't be afraid to suggest Pokemon names or even actions I should partake in. This is a semi-interactive experience here, everyone. :cat:

Reactions: Fantivity, Robbie, SmashChamp and 1 other person
Catch a spinarak and name her Ariana :3

Awesome! Looking forward to more of this :3

Reactions: Livada and Pandaxclone2
Back