Pedia's light or dark theme

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

Don't they? I would assume it takes less energy to display the majority of pixels as black than white...

Don't they? I would assume it takes less energy to display the majority of pixels as black than white...

Ehhh..... Long story short, it depends on what screen you have. LCD and such you might find that black actually uses less energy, but then on the flip side, on some screens, white would take up more energy. But in both cases, the amount difference is so incredibly small it's not worth thinking about.

And anyway, the black theme on here isn't pure "black" anyway :p

The Light theme for Pedia is, ultimately, the right choice. Light is not blinding and, therefore, there are no issues with it and beats dark mode by a long shot without even giving it a try. It's the default setting, my default answer and, ultimately, the right choice (the only reason people choose dark mode is because they've been playing a Nintendo system all day and too much white blinds them).

Last edited by a moderator:
(the only reason people choose dark mode is because they've been playing a Nintendo system all day and too much white blinds them)
You're actually right...

Reactions: DaAlex
(the only reason people choose dark mode is because they've been playing a Nintendo system all day and too much white blinds them).

I'm sensitive to light so I have dark mode on everything I can :p

Reactions: DaAlex
I'm sensitive to light so I have dark mode on everything I can :p
Wait a minute, are you a vampire? :redpanda:

Reactions: 28142
Wait a minute, are you a vampire? :redpanda:

Technically when I went to America I was turned into a vampire within the VtM lore so uh. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: James
Technically when I went to America I was turned into a vampire within the VtM lore so uh. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ah.

Dark theme! Mostly because my eyes sometimes hurt looking at bright screens for too long and I'm used to having most of my apps in dark theme too.

I enjoy the light theme as long as the brightness isn't up all of the way.

Dark theme. I always use the dark option everywhere. Light themes are too much white for my eyes to take.

Back