Closed Pixel Plot - A Story Writing Contest

• Thread starter 3823
  • Start date

Is this thread format okay for future contests?

• Total voters
Can we make our own pixels? Cause I have an AMAZING story with a few certain characters in it.

I tried my best. XD
emoticon-fma-2.gif
< *sighs* I hate people.

tumblr_inline_mykvivfsqZ1qfc9y0.gif
< What's wrong, brother?

emoticon-fma-2.gif
< Some dude was repeatedly picking on me and making fun of my height. He wouldn't leave me alone. And when I couldn't take anymore, I missed my chance to teach him a lesson.

< I know you're angry at him, but it's not worth it.

emoticon-fma-2.gif
< Why not?

< We can't get sidetracked from our journey. We need to turn back to normal as soon as possible.

emoticon-fma-2.gif
< How are we supposed to if this guy keeps bugging me about my height? I tried ignoring him, and that didn't work.

< Be the bigger person, Ed. Don't let what he keeps saying bother you. If you can't ignore him, still, don't fight him. You need to keep your cool.

tumblr_maxl14QnXT1roozkr.gif
< Well, well, well, if it isn't the pipsqueak and his robot brother.

emoticon-fma-2.gif
< That's it...Al, let me go!

< No! I'm not letting you!

emoticon-fma-2.gif
< I'M GONNA BEAT TH-

< Calm down, Ed!

emoticon-fma-2.gif
< I...*sighs* You're right, brother.

< What? You're such a pipsqueak that your brother can stop you?

emoticon-fma-2.gif
< Listen, dude, I...look out! *breaks out of Al's grip*

< What are you doing?!

emoticon-fma-2.gif
< *kicks the man behind Knuckles*

tumblr_maxl27TGf11roozkr.gif
< *sent flying* CURSE YOU, FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST!

< Wh-why'd you save me? We're supposed to hate each other.

emoticon-fma-2.gif
< Because if I knowingly let him kill you, I would be just as bad.

< I'm just having a bad day...I'm sorry man.

emoticon-fma-2.gif
< It's okay. I'm sorry I was so rude to you.

< I accept your apology.

emoticon-fma-2.gif
< *handshake*

Great and creative format guys, I loved it. Keep up the good work :D

Can we make our own pixels? Cause I have an AMAZING story with a few certain characters in it.
Yeah, but there's no extra points so I would avoid extra work >.<

Oh if only I was a good writer instead I'm great at art -.-
I might give it a try

Whoever is still working, let me know asap so I can adjust accordingly.

Seems like no one else is going to join so I'm gonna close entries soon, :panda:

Whoever is still working, let me know asap so I can adjust accoridingly.

Seems like no one else is going to join so I'm gonna close entries soon, :panda:
Go ahead without me *dramatically caught up blood*

Leljk I cant do it so im out :p

Whoever is still working, let me know asap so I can adjust accordingly.

I'm still working on mine!
I've just been busy as the 4th of July gets closer, but I try to find any time I can to work on my story! It's going well!

Alrighty, keep me updated peeps ;-;

Reactions: Leviathinian
I'm gonna end this on July 8, please submit your entry before the deadline. Thanks.~

Reactions: Bobcam7!
Finally, a deadline! The suspense was killing me! :rotfl:

Remind me tomorrow poke, and I'll start working on it XD

Reactions: Pookie
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

IiqRepC.jpg

Girl: hey, what are you doing here?

Boy: shut up.

Girl: come on~ where did all your usual determination go off to?

Boy: I said shut up.

Girl: I see I see, even someone like you can feel depressed, hmm?.

Boy: what do you know about me? It's not like you ever cared about others. With your power, you can get everything or destroy anything you desire. Just kill me already.

Girl: don't be like that~, you used to say that you will forge the path forward with your own hands, do you not? Even if god is against you, you will never give up. That's who you really are isn't that right?

Boy: so what? In the end, everything is the same. One tiny hand can't change anything in this world.

Girl: now now, think of all the people you has saved with that tiny hand of yours.

Boy: they didn't even exist anymore so what does it matter? After all, you are the one that kill them.

Girl: now now, don't be like that, the boy I knew isn't such a pathetic coward, you know.

Boy: you know what?

Girl: hmm?

Boy: I have made up my mind. I won't run from this problem anymore.

Girl: really?

Boy: It's as you said, running away isn't gonna do anything. So bring it on, Goddess of destruction!. No matter how many times I fall, the despair you brought upon this world, I will destroy that illusion with my own hands!
L0pMPdp.jpg

Last edited:
Okay! Sorry for the wait, but I think I did an alright job! I had to resize and turn some of the pixels to make them work and fit, and I think my effort paid off! I also tried to make sure that I didn't use too bright colors. I hope you like it!

Uh oh. It looks like I can only have 75 images per post, so I will have to put part of the story in another post, so please excuse my double posting!

Note: Don't compare this too much to the actual Legend of Zelda games and lore. This is my own story using similar characters and settings for convenience >.<

Prologue

In a large and magical world lies the vast kingdom known as Hayrule. In the past, it has faced several dangers that could have destroyed the world or corrupted it with evil, but a brave hero named Lonk, who weilds the mythical Moster Sword, has saved the day every time! He is largely praised for his good deeds, but also envied by a certain other.

Lonk peacefully resides in his home in Kekori Village. An aspiring hero who resembles a slightly smaller and weaker version of Lonk, Levi, lives right next to him. Levi's goal in life was to be as successful and praised as the hero Lonk was and surpass him! He highly envies Lonk's success, but despite his best effort, Lonk always outshines him.

Part 1

Levi walks out of his house one morning to see Lonk already up and getting some fresh air.​

link19.gif
< "Well well well, if it isn't the amazing Lonk."

link20.gif
< *waves*

link19.gif
< "Oh, giving me the silent treatment again, huh? Just because you saved the world a few times doesn't make you any better than me! I bet I can do everything you can and even more!"

tumblr_inline_mfo23yIrG21ru7d0i.gif
tumblr_inline_mfg4jyYyok1ru7d0i.gif
< "Hey! Don't talk to Lonk like that! He's the Protagonist of Time! He's the chosen one who pulled the Moster Sword right out of its stone!"

link19.gif
isUuxzT.gif
< "Oh please! I was the one who pulled the sword out of the ground!"

isUuxzT.gif
< "Yeah, but you pulled so hard that the sword came out of the ground with the stone still in it!"

link19.gif
3ppCEJy.png
< "The stone was obviously a detachable part of the Moster Sword that let it function as a hammer! Lonk was only able to pull it off because I loosened it!"

< "Ugh. We don't have time for useless arguing! We've been called up to the Royal Palace to receive a special task. Come on Link, let's get going!"

link20.gif
< *walks off with Novi*

link19.gif
< "Hmph. I'll show him how great I can be! One day..."

Part 2
Levi wanders off into the Kekori Village Plaza, where more neighbors and the Royal Palace lie.
saria.gif
< *plays ocarina*

link19.gif
< "Oh, hey Sarah."

saria.gif
< "Lonk, my one true love, is that you? Oh, wait. It's just Levi. What do you want, wannabe?"

link19.gif
< "Wannabe? I'm much better than what Lonk could ever be! What does he have that I don't?"

saria.gif
tumblr_inline_mfo2h8GzpT1ru7d0i.gif
< "Well, other than his dreamy looks and his Moster Sword, he has bravery, courage, and a fairy assigned to him to help him along his journey!"

link19.gif
< "Hey! I have as much bravery and courage as he does!"

saria.gif
< "Don't think I haven't forgot that time you panicked and ran away from that tiny spider! I don't see a fairy flying by you, either."

link19.gif
fairy2.gif
< "That thing could've been poisonous! You never know! And yes, I do have a fairy! Check this out!"

fairy2.gif
< "Hey! Are you gonna let me outta here or what? I'm not your property!"

saria.gif
< "Look Levi. You've gotta stop trying to be someone you're not. You can't be as good as my little Lonky!"

link19.gif
< "You'll see! I'll be a better hero than Lonk someday!"

fairy2.gif
< "So I guess that's a no on the freedom thing."

link19.gif
< "Oh, hush Sally."

fairy2.gif
< "That's not my name!"

deku.gif
< "Excuse me mister, but could you spare a Rupee for someone in need?"

link19.gif
tumblr_inline_mljkxb2NRg1qz4rgp.gif
< "Of course! A hero always helps those in need!" *gives Rupee*

deku.gif
tumblr_inline_mljkxb2NRg1qz4rgp.gif
< "Oh thank you sir! I'll be sure to put it to good use! Say, aren't you that annoying kid people have told me about?"

link19.gif
< "What?! Annoying kid?! Totally not me! You must be thinking of Lonk. He looks similar to me."

deku.gif
< "Nope. Little red annoying kid. You seem to fit the picture! You also sound a little annoying too."

link19.gif
< "Oh really? At least people are gossiping about me! Soon they'll be gossiping over how cool and heroic I am!"

deku.gif
< "Eh, I haven't been hearing anything like that. However, word on the street is that you have some nifty fire magic abilities!"

link19.gif
< "Yeah, but I'm not very good at it. My flames are way too weak. Besides, being a heroic swordsman is where it's at!"

deku.gif
< "Isn't magic like that powered by strong positive feelings? Maybe feeling cool and overconfident isn't what powers it up. Why don't you try being yourself and excel with what you've got instead of trying to be someone else?"

link19.gif
< "I don't know. Maybe you're right, but I can't just give up on my dream of being one of Hayrule's best heroes! I'll think about what you said. See ya around!"

deku.gif
rupie.gif
< "See ya kid. Now it's time to gamble with my easy earned Rupee! Lottery, here I come!"

thrubbersun.gif
< "Yo dawg! Wazzap!"

link19.gif
< "Gragnorak! Ma man! What's been up with you?"

thrubbersun.gif
< "Yo man, I'm just chillin' out here. What'choo doin'? I been seein' you talkin' around to folks."

link19.gif
< "I've just been going around saying how I'm gonna be a great hero one day! People don't take me too seriously, but I'll show them!"

thrubbersun.gif
< "Yo dat's cool dawg! You go live that dream, whatever it takes!"

link19.gif
< "Thanks Graggy!"

thrubbersun.gif
< "Yo man, are you still crazy jealous about that Lonk guy? You can tell me, I'm like your bro, bro."

link19.gif
link27.gif
< "Yeah, kinda. He's getting all the fame and glory I want!"

thrubbersun.gif
< "Yo diggity dawg, you gotta follow yo own path. The path you on obviously ain't gonna take you anywhere. You can still live yo dream, but'choo gotta find another way. Your way, dawg!"

link19.gif
< "Hmm. Maybe you're right, but I can't just sit here and let Lonk be the hero all the time!"

thrubbersun.gif
link41.gif
< "Yo, speakin' o' Lonk. I just saw him walk by a few minutes ago. His little fairy was ramblin' 'bout some task or something."

link19.gif
< *gasp* "The special task! Maybe if I can complete it, I can finally be recognized for my true potential! Thanks for everything, my big brown buddy!"

thrubbersun.gif
< "No problem, my little red leprechaun!"

Part 3

Levi sneaks up to the Royal Palace. He listens closely and peeks through the slightly opened door. The princess's guard is talking to Lonk and Novi.

< "Blah..... Blah Blah..... This is terrible! I can't ...... Blah Blah Blah.... Lonk! Blah Blah Blah.... The princess has disappeared! We'll get going right away! Come on Lonk!"

link20.gif
< *nods and runs towards the door, quickly bursting it open*

link19.gif
< "Ow! Hey, have some respect for people eavesdropping behind doors!"

< "We don't have time for your complaining! Princess Delza has disappeared! We were told that we might be able to find a clue of her location in the Mysterious Forest! Don't even think about following us!"

link20.gif
< *nods and runs off with Novi*

link19.gif
< "If you didn't want me following you, you shouldn't have told me where you're going! Princess Delza, here I come!" *runs off trying to catch up with Lonk*

In the Mysterious Forest
< "Be careful Lonk! I think I hear something in the bushes."

link20.gif
< *nods and draws his Moster Sword*

sheik.gif
< "So, you must be Lonk. I knew you would come here to find the princess."

link20.gif
< *Gets into battle stance*

< "Tell us where she is!"

sheik.gif
< "You'll have to defeat me first, and that won't be easy. I know all of your moves with that sword."

link20.gif
< *rushes in to attack*

An epic battle commences! Lonk swings his sword with expert precision, but the mysterious foe manages to dodge every attack with ease! Could the opponent have seen them before? The challenger retaliates with heavy hits to Lonk, and soon enough, he was defeated.
link20.gif
< "Nyghh..."

< "No! Lonk! Are you okay?"

sheik.gif
< "Hmph. I expected a bit more out of the Protagonist of Time."

link19.gif
< "Huff... Puff... Wait for me... Hey, what happened here?"

sheik.gif
< "What's this? A little pipsqueak? I haven't seen the likes of you around."

link19.gif
< "Who are you callin' pipsqueak? Come at me bro, I'll take you on! I'm a hero!"

< "Levi! No! You're too weak! You should run while you still have the chance!"

link19.gif
tBoca5K.png
< "No! This is my chance to prove I'm better than Lonk! I've got my trusty wooden sword and epic skills! Here I come!"

The mysterious fighter easily grabs the wooden sword and breaks it into two.
They deliver heavy blows that easily take Levi down.
link19.gif
< "No... How could this happen? Owww..."

sheik.gif
< "It looks like your petty attempt to be better than Lonk has failed."

link7.gif
< "Oof, is this really the end? Maybe I can't be better than Lonk. But wait! Maybe I don't have to be!"

sheik.gif
< "Are you talking to yourself?"

link7.gif
< "Those guys were right! I should stop being someone I'm not and just believe in myself! It's time to show you who I really am! FAIRY! ACTIVATE!"

Levi slams his bottled fairy on the ground, breaking the glass bottle.
tumblr_inline_mfo24dnBGt1ru7d0i.gif
< "Finally! It was cramped in there! I guess this is the part where I heal you, right? Let my magic heal you!"

Levi is quickly healed by the fairy magic.​
link40.gif
< "Aw yeah! Thanks Sally!"

fairy3.gif
< "That's not my name."

sheik.gif
< "Hah. You think a few flames can hurt me? I am-"

0GFuTX0.gif
< "FIIIIIYYYYAAAAA PAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWNNNNCH!!!!!

gw6OjLJ.gif
< "Owieowowowowowowowoowowowowowowoowowow! That hurts! And burns!"

< "Woah! I didn't know he could do that!"

link40.gif
> "How do you like my true power?!"

sheik.gif
< "Perhaps I underestimated you. We shall meet again, that is, if you ever want to see your princess again!"

The mysterious person disappears in a puff of smoke.
< "Levi, that was amazing!"

tumblr_inline_mfo24dnBGt1ru7d0i.gif
< "You bet!"

link20.gif
< *nods*

link19.gif
< "Aw, thanks guys! I feel like I can turn over a new leaf and be my own hero now!"

< "Hey, you should join us on our quest! We could really use your help and magic!"

link19.gif
< *gasp* "Really?! I'd love that! Maybe Sally can be my fairy for real on our journey!"

fairy3.gif
< "No."

link19.gif
< "Aw man, it was worth a shot! Is Lonk going to be okay?"

< "He'll be fine, he can take a beating. That's what heroes do!"

link20.gif
< *nods*

link19.gif
< "Alright then, what are we waiting for? Let's begin our quest together!"

The heroes venture out together on a quest to find Princess Delza. Levi, now starting to be himself, will become well known and famous one day.

THE END

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mizunil, 3823 and Pookie
Don't worry, I almost started!

Reactions: Pookie and Leviathinian
Reactions: Pookie
What time?

Back