Spin Off Pokemon Art Academy

• Thread starter ErixSan
  • Start date
ErixSan

ErixSan

Somehow still top 3 poster after 3 years.
Towns Folk

I don't have more information yet, but his new retail game for the 3DS XL would be another new Pokémon crossover. And it's for draw them.

I will start doing some investigation so I would be able to publish a full article.

UPDATE:
Dat3mKe.png

So, what is already confirmed for this game?

• The release date will be on June 19th on Japan
  • The game price will be 3,619 yen (around $35 dollars)
  • There is no 3D effect on this game.
  • There is over 40 lessons.
  • You can use the camera to draw.
  • There is a free drawing mode.
  • You can make cards and an album.
  • Miiverse compatible
No words about a western release yet, but we can easily know it will cost $30 once it’s here.

Also a cover of the game has been leaked:
eGecKSL.jpg

Serebii Picture: Small image of the Pokémon Art Academy box-art
— Serebii.net (@SerebiiNet) abril 30, 2014

Last edited:
Well that was unexpected.

I expect this to go the way of Pokémon Typing DS and Pokémon Tretta Lab. It ain't coming West.

That's also unexpected.
They should have made a Pokémon Picross instead (wait, there was already some in Picross NP 1). At least, I'll be able to improve (in some way) what I'm planning to do on Miiverse: Drawing ! (Yep, the screen doesn't give you the same feeling as paper, I can't focus on it !)

Well that was unexpected.

I expect this to go the way of Pokémon Typing DS and Pokémon Tretta Lab. It ain't coming West.

Not confirmed yet, but at least we can know what price it can have.

I hope that it gets released to the West, I'm sure a lot of people would enjoy it ! And maybe it would help the ones (like me), who have trouble drawing on the screen.

I didn't say it was confirmed, I was just saying based on other spinoffs of this nature it's unlikely.

Also, 30$ for a game with only 40 lessons based on one series seems a little steep.

I didn't say it was confirmed, I was just saying based on other spinoffs of this nature it's unlikely.

Also, 30$ for a game with only 40 lessons based on one series seems a little steep.

Maybe it will be cheaper to buy on Amazon, a few days after its release ? I know (at least) in Europe, that it's cheaper to buy from them.

I know, I was just telling you :p

Maybe it will be cheaper to buy on Amazon, a few days after its release ? I know (at least) in Europe, that it's cheaper to buy from them.

Mmm... Maybe $20 dollars but I suppose Nintendo would prefer to do a eShop release only instead,

Mmm... Maybe $20 dollars but I suppose Nintendo would prefer to do a eShop release only instead,

This. This game looks like it was MADE for an eShop release.

I can't see them giving this a retail version and not Battle Trozei.

Well, if there's a retail version, I'll be getting it through Amazon, I don't like that much Nintendo's bad 1:1 currency system, so I'd prefer paying 20€ (= 30$) than 30€ (=40$) instead. But if it's an eShop only game, then, I'll have to get a cheap eShop card on the Internet.

This is the type of game that i only play when im in the right mood, i can see Nintendo of Europe doing a promotion to get this for free lol :d

This is the type of game that i only play when im in the right mood, i can see Nintendo of Europe doing a promotion to get this for free lol :d

I wouldn't wait for the NoE to do a promotion. Since I am not at good at drawing (on the 3DS), that would be a chance for me to improve my drawings on Miiverse. Also, you can post what you draw on Miiverse, so more people would use it, maybe?

if pokemon art academy is easy i might do it

I wouldn't wait for the NoE to do a promotion. Since I am not at good at drawing (on the 3DS), that would be a chance for me to improve my drawings on Miiverse. Also, you can post what you draw on Miiverse, so more people would use it, maybe?
I mean i dont see many people buying this actually, especially in eshop, this will be pretty cheap compared to other pokemon games, miiverse actually makes sense in this if it did not have this feature who would buy it anyway :?

so will pokemon art academy come out any where else or just japan?

I mean i dont see many people buying this actually, especially in eshop, this will be pretty cheap compared to other pokemon games, miiverse actually makes sense in this if it did not have this feature who would buy it anyway :?

People seeking to improve their drawing skills ? I mean that's why the Art Academy series was made...

what is pokemon art academy
It's an Art Academy game based on Pokémon.

if pokemon art academy is easy i might do it
I don't know, but it's made for learning, so it must be easy to play.

People seeking to improve their drawing skills ? I mean that's why the Art Academy series was made...

A lot of people like to draw on their free time, and this is the perfect way to do it if you don't have access to paper.

A lot of people like to draw on their free time, and this is the perfect way to do it if you don't have access to paper.
Thanks, you also found what I wanted to say and another reason of why I want to buy the game! I have access to paper, but I always forget to draw... :oops:

Update:

New details were revealed:
- Learn how to draw Pokemon
- Learn art fundamentals and techniques
- Attend a school that teaches you how to draw Pokemon
- Start out by learning how to draw simple Pokemon
- Gradually learn to draw more challenging creatures
- Over 40 lessons
- The game will hold your hand and start you out with easy lessons on how to draw Pokemon, such as putting together simple shapes and following examples
- “Redo” functions included
- Unlock tougher lessons such as the Voltorb course that teaches you about shading and lighting
- Another lesson: Jirachi that teaches you to draw with a three-dimensional impression
- Comes with various supplies
- Pencils can be used for sketches and making thin lines
- Outline pens allow you to color over lines without any problems
- Markers and paint to bring out color and a bit of realism to your Pokemon drawings
- Pastels and sprays included
- Free Paint: put everything you’ve learned from your lessons to use
- Over 100 Pokemon you can use for references
- Use pictures you take with the 3DS camera
- Completed drawings can be kept in your album that gives them the form of Pokemon cards
- Can send them to friends or share them on Miiverse as well

Reactions: D4rkDragon
With the Update that Erixsan confirmed, I'm definitely hoping it's coming to the West. We (might) also have some hope, since Nintendo has been planning to port some games that were Japan-Only to the West (Tomodachi Life, etc...).

Back