PkMn Go POKEMON GO! What Pokemon can you catch in your area?

• Thread starter PalD2
  • Start date

What Pokemon can you catch?

• Rare Pokemon (A.K.A. Eevee, dratini, ect.)

• Legendaries (A.K.A. moltres, zapdos, articuno, ect.)

• Common pokemon (A.K.A Ratata, Pidgey, ect.)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wait today? So I wasted my time getting an American Apple ID... Just great :/
Nah, they get loads of stuff earlier. It might still be useful.

Nah, they get loads of stuff earlier. It might still be useful.
Whew thank goodness. I can find zubats, mankeys, drowzees, squirtles and my friend got a venasaur shadow.

A dumb kid stumbling around with an expensive phone, pretty much asking to get robbed.

That's the best catch you can get, really :p

In my area there is literally nothing I can catch. If I'm lucky enough, or if I'm using Incense I can find some Weedle and Rattatas, but for anything else I have to drive 15 minutes to the next city in order to actually find something,_,

A dumb kid stumbling around with an expensive phone, pretty much asking to get robbed.

That's the best catch you can get, really :p
Too true. :p
In my area there is literally nothing I can catch. If I'm lucky enough, or if I'm using Incense I can find some Weedle and Rattatas, but for anything else I have to drive 15 minutes to the next city in order to actually find something,_,
Sometimes just waiting works. It'll spawn Pokémon. Eventually.

I got many Eevees, Wheedles, Caterpies, Jigglypuffs, and one Squirtle and one Ghastly!

i once used up to 195 pokeballs ton catch a moltres worth it but it wasted 2 hours of my life

Gangsters... I live in the ghetto

i once used up to 195 pokeballs ton catch a moltres worth it but it wasted 2 hours of my life
That's a lie. The majority of legends aren't even activated in the code if there actually are any activated legends.

My area's a bit weird. I've got common Pidgys, Weedles and Rattas, but the Eevees, Gastlys, Clefabels, Hypnos all occasionally spawn.

Edit from moderator: Please avoid profanities.

Last edited by a moderator:
As said by @Bobcam7!, it's impossible, since even John Hanke confirmed yesterday that Legendaries will start being accessible when the game will be out everywhere.

Other than that, in my area, if you use an incense (rural area representative right here!), you can catch... Weedles, Ratattas, Caterpie, and maybe a Pidgeot or an Eevee if you get lucky. Well, though about the Eevee part, if you get really lucky, the radar will pick up one near the center of the town, but we all know how useful and how well the radar works, right ? (Hint: I was actually salty that day, since it was the only one left I needed to get all the Eeveelutions (as in, I would just have to collect candies afterwards, and I would have been done))

As said by @Bobcam7!, it's impossible, since even John Hanke confirmed yesterday that Legendaries will start being accessible when the game will be out everywhere.

Other than that, in my area, if you use an incense (rural area representative right here!), you can catch... Weedles, Ratattas, Caterpie, and maybe a Pidgeot or an Eevee if you get lucky. Well, though about the Eevee part, if you get really lucky, the radar will pick up one near the center of the town, but we all know how useful and how well the radar works, right ? (Hint: I was actually salty that day, since it was the only one left I needed to get all the Eeveelutions (as in, I would just have to collect candies afterwards, and I would have been done))
Radar said I had to walk for a long time. Caught a Oddish on the couch.

Reactions: freezebot
I'm yet to go out for a walk around my town today to see what I can catch. I don't know what kind of water pokemon are around the lake thats in my town but otherwise there's zubats, pidgeys, jigglypuffs, clefable, hitmonchan (I'm the only one in my school to have caught/seen one :D ), eevees, rattatas, weedles, caterpies, abras, magikarp and I just opened the app to find gloom listed in the nearby list :p

There are a lot of Pidgets, ratattas, Spearows, Ekans and Meowth in my neighbourhood. But ever so often, I would find a Charmander on my couch.

There is a park nearby my house with about 25 PokeStops in it. A lot of rare pokemon such as the starters, Dratini and a whole lot of other rare Pokemon. Most of the PokeStops are Lure Moduled, making things even more great. A whole lot of people come there to play the game, especially on weekends. On those days, due to the mass population, you would ever so often find something like a Charizard.

So yeah, basically that's all thatI have seen in areas I have been to. I've tried many other locations but found nothing.

Besides the starters that you get to choose from in the beginning, I've only seen a Weedle in my area. Unfortunately, I couldn't catch it because I use a WiFi connection and the amount of steps I made weren't sufficient to register getting closer to it.

Pokemon GO doesn't treat Rural areas too well ;~;
It takes forever to find a Pokemon, and even with Incense, all I could find was a Weedle. >.<
Maybe I could find more if I just keep searching, but I don't really have the patience for that since all I could find in 30 minutes was a Weedle. ;~;

I've got Rattatas, Pidgeys and Wurmples in my living room, Bulbasaurs in my backyard and Nidoran 9male and female) in the front yard. The only bad thing is, I live in a rural(ish) area so there's only 1 spawn every 10-15 minutes.

Back