• Thread starter Matthew
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew

Matthew

WE ARE... MARSHALL!!
Towns Folk
Alright, I plan to host a Pokemon League. In order to pull this off, we're going to have to come up with the most appropriate way of doing so.

Here's my thoughts on how it should be run:

I will create a sub-forum specifically for the league. The Elite 4 will consist of probably 2 users, and we will have 3 badges at the start. In order to become the champion, you have to go through the gyms and E4 twice.

The first time will be like a qualifier. After you go through the first time, you must challenge each gym leader again to take their spot. An example:

Challenge gym 1 - win - take their spot
Challenge gym 2 - win - take their spot - gym 2 leader becomes gym 1 leader
Challenge gym 3 - win - take their spot - gym 3 leader becomes gym 2 leader
Challenge e4 member 1 - win - take their spot - the old e4 member moves down a spot
And so on - so on. Once you beat the last person on the list, you become the champion and will be awarded a rank. At this time, you must accept challenges in order to keep your title.

There's my thoughts on the matter. Can I get some more opinions on this?

Sounds great! Good luck with this! It's a shame that I do not play Pokémon.

I'm finding this a little confusing from the original method to be honest. 'xD

If the community becomes large enough, how about a full-scale league and tournamet, like how it would work in the games or better yet, the show?

It seems possible, I guess I'll have to take a gander at it once it starts up (and once my X and Y party are semi-complete x)

Reactions: Marc
I'm finding this a little confusing from the original method to be honest. 'xD

If the community becomes large enough, how about a full-scale league and tournamet, like how it would work in the games or better yet, the show?

It seems possible, I guess I'll have to take a gander at it once it starts up (and once my X and Y party are semi-complete x)
I had planned to do a full size league when we became big enough. :) When I do implement it, it will start out small however.

Reactions: Flarence
It's a very good idea, with just a few questions.
1. How would you determine who will start out in the League.
2. What game would this League Focus on.

Other than those questions, this would be a fun little thing to do.

Cool idea, but it sounds a bit too easy to take someone's title.

First of all we should hold a tournament to decide on who will assigned as gym leaders, elite 4 members and champion.

As for becoming a champion, my idea is doing it like this.

Step one - beating the champion: Earn all the badges, beat the elite 4 and defeat the champion.
Step two - becoming a gym leader: You choose which gym leader you want to replace and fight them 3 times in a row (would be nice to have a delay between the matches). If you win 2 matches out of 3, you take over as the leader of their gym.
Step three - prerequisite to join the elite 4: Defeat every other gym leader at least once in a Double Battle (single player)
Step four - joining the elite 4: You choose which elite 4 you want to replace and fight them 3 times. If you win 2 matches out of 3, you take their place.
Step five - prerequisite to become the champion: Defeat every other elite 4 member at least once in a Double Battle (single player).
Step six - becoming the champion: Fight the champion in 3 single battles. If you win 2 time out of 3, you have to fight them again in 3 double battles. Again, win 2 times out of 3 and you become the Pokemon League Champion.

Additional rules:
  • Losing to an elite 4 member or the champion in step one means you have to start over like in any Pokemon game.
  • Gym leaders can be fought it any order.
  • Elite 4 members must be fought in the set order.
  • Gym leaders chosen in the tournament can skip step two, but have to go through all the others.
  • Elite 4 members chosen in the tournament can skip step four, but have to go through all the others (completing step two does not make them the new gym leader).
  • Elite 4 members and Pokemon League champions that earned their place through the requirements above and are defeated can skip step one and challenge a gym leader directly.
Other ideas:
Gym leaders and elite 4 members should use Pokemon of a specific type when challenged. They would free to choose any type as long as it is not being used by any other gym leader or elite 4 members. This would limit their choices and make it a bit easier to beat them.

Reactions: jandkas
Cool idea, but it sounds a bit too easy to take someone's title.

First of all we should hold a tournament to decide on who will assigned as gym leaders, elite 4 members and champion.

As for becoming a champion, my idea is doing it like this.

Step one - beating the champion: Earn all the badges, beat the elite 4 and defeat the champion.
Step two - becoming a gym leader: You choose which gym leader you want to replace and fight them 3 times in a row (would be nice to have a delay between the matches). If you win 2 matches out of 3, you take over as the leader of their gym.
Step three - prerequisite to join the elite 4: Defeat every other gym leader at least once in a Double Battle (single player)
Step four - joining the elite 4: You choose which elite 4 you want to replace and fight them 3 times. If you win 2 matches out of 3, you take their place.
Step five - prerequisite to become the champion: Defeat every other elite 4 member at least once in a Double Battle (single player).
Step six - becoming the champion: Fight the champion in 3 single battles. If you win 2 time out of 3, you have to fight them again in 3 double battles. Again, win 2 times out of 3 and you become the Pokemon League Champion.

Additional rules:
  • Losing to an elite 4 member or the champion in step one means you have to start over like in any Pokemon game.
  • Gym leaders can be fought it any order.
  • Elite 4 members must be fought in the set order.
  • Gym leaders chosen in the tournament can skip step two, but have to go through all the others.
  • Elite 4 members chosen in the tournament can skip step four, but have to go through all the others (completing step two does not make them the new gym leader).
  • Elite 4 members and Pokemon League champions that earned their place through the requirements above and are defeated can skip step one and challenge a gym leader directly.
Other ideas:
Gym leaders and elite 4 members should use Pokemon of a specific type when challenged. They would free to choose any type as long as it is not being used by any other gym leader or elite 4 members. This would limit their choices and make it a bit easier to beat them.
Interesting idea. I like the idea of double battles and facing the gym leaders/e4 members multiple times.

And, I'm not going to limit any of the league to a certain type, but there teams will have to be set and publically posted. If they want to make a change, it will have to be posted and can't be done within two days of a scheduled battle.

And, I'm not going to limit any of the league to a certain type, but there teams will have to be set and publically posted. If they want to make a change, it will have to be posted and can't be done within two days of a scheduled battle.

Well that actually sounds more fun and challenging. Will their move sets be posted as well?

Also, I think it would be nice to wait about 2 days between each step. After completing step one for example, you would have to wait 3 days to try step two. Otherwise the gym leaders/elite 4 could change too often.
And new gym leaders and elite 4 members could only be challenged about 3 days after they earned their place.

Well that actually sounds more fun and challenging. Will their move sets be posted as well?

Also, I think it would be nice to wait about 2 days between each step. After completing step one for example, you would have to wait 3 days to try step two. Otherwise the gym leaders/elite 4 could change too often.
And new gym leaders and elite 4 members could only be challenged about 3 days after they earned their place.
Move sets will have to be posted as well.

And, I like the time limit thing but it won't be that long at first. Maybe a one day grace period before your able to be challenged but At the start, I'm doubting we will have too many participants. So, we have to work with it and alter it as we go.

Awesome Idea. Do you have an ETA on when you're going to start this League? It sounds fun.

Reactions: Matthew
Awesome Idea. Do you have an ETA on when you're going to start this League? It sounds fun.
It'll be a bit. I'm not sure when but it'll be as soon as we get it lined out. This topic is the first stage where I'm getting input from everyone on how the layout should be. Once all this is lined out, I'm going to talk to the staff privately to get everything finalized. After that, a tournament will be set up so we can get our founding members. :)

Would anyone like to add to this? Should I move it to Stage Two and finalize points with staff?

Looks good to me. If this gets big we could add more things, like tag battles.

I have a few extra ideas with Play Coins being introduced.

- In step one, players need to bet 20 Play Coins every time they go through the Elite 4. Losing once means they have to bet another 20 Play Coins to fight them again. Half of the amount goes to the E4 member they lost to, and the other half goes to the champion. If they win, the Play Coins are returned to them (and maybe with an extra 20 Play Coins from the forum).

- In step two, players need to bet 10 Play Coins to challenge Gym Leaders. Same concept as above.

- In step four they bet 20 Play Coins to challenge the Elite 4.

- In step six they bet 50 Play Coins to challenge the Champion.

Reactions: Marc
May PS or PO be used I mean ik you can't double battle in PO or PS so i don't know whatt the rules
would be for that.

I have a few extra ideas with Play Coins being introduced.

- In step one, players need to bet 20 Play Coins every time they go through the Elite 4. Losing once means they have to bet another 20 Play Coins to fight them again. Half of the amount goes to the E4 member they lost to, and the other half goes to the champion. If they win, the Play Coins are returned to them (and maybe with an extra 20 Play Coins from the forum).

- In step two, players need to bet 10 Play Coins to challenge Gym Leaders. Same concept as above.

- In step four they bet 20 Play Coins to challenge the Elite 4.

- In step six they bet 50 Play Coins to challenge the Champion.
I like this idea, however, I don't see the need to give the Champion a cut. If anything, a "bank account" could be created where the cut of play coins would remain as reserve so the E4/gym leaders wouldn't have to shell out any PC of their own.

Thoughts? Yay/nay?

Or, is that cut to the champion a one time thing in your idea?

I like this idea, however, I don't see the need to give the Champion a cut. If anything, a "bank account" could be created where the cut of play coins would remain as reserve so the E4/gym leaders wouldn't have to shell out any PC of their own.

Thoughts? Yay/nay?

Or, is that cut to the champion a one time thing in your idea?

Well, there should be some sort of incentive to become the Champion. Boasting rights probably won't be enough.

Well, there should be some sort of incentive to become the Champion. Boasting rights probably won't be enough.
True, Okay, I like that.

Tomorrow, I'll move this into the staff board where we can finalize everything so if anyone wants to add any input, I need it soon!

Reactions: POKÉMON MASTER STRATEGIST
Is this for Pokemon X/Y? :bag:

Is this for Pokemon X/Y? :bag:
At the moment, only the games that are out that are able to be battled between. X and Y will be added later on. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back