Pokemon League - General Brainstorming - Layout for League

• Thread starter Matthew
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe make an award for every Gym Badge?
Also I've battled in Pokemon Showdown how it was much easier and there wouldn't be cheating
I can tryout with someone here to explain how it works or something if ya want and i can send the url of the battle or something?

I've tried Pokemon Online on Android, its pretty good.

Let's see... @Matthew
This is a league with a Pokemon online service or with a official game?
When it will start?

Personally, I like the idea of the online services as they would allow EVERYONE to participate and not require you to own the games. I'm sure if someone wanted to use an actual DS, they could arrange that with the gym leader. I'm going to test out these online services to see if they'd fit our needs. :)

Personally, I like the idea of the online services as they would allow EVERYONE to participate and not require you to own the games. I'm sure if someone wanted to use an actual DS, they could arrange that with the gym leader. I'm going to test out these online services to see if they'd fit our needs. :)

And... we will do something?
I mean, using an online simulator or something?

With 4th? I'm not sure with Wi-Fi battling because of the new Pokemon in the 5th generation.

Plus someone stole my Pokemon Diamond game a long time ago. Hence the reason I stopped playing Pokemon for a couple of years (the time when B/W/B2/W2 came out). I pumped months into that game. I had an enormous number of EV trained non-legendary Pokemon with great IVs (some obtained in trade). I was trying to IV breed and EV train every good Pokemon in the game (not legendary) and I almost achieved my goal.

After losing the game, I just gave up on Pokemon. Now, a couple of years have passed and X/Y are looking interesting with the new 3D gaming, and that is what's getting me back into Pokemon.
I know how you feel man, all that work and effort and BAM all gone, same thing happened with me too. :wtf:
Sounds cool, this idea is ambitious but I have a feeling it will work out. So nothing has been decided yet right? Or is everything already set in stone?

Reactions: Matthew
I'd totally be interested in this if you decide to have Showdown as an option.
Would love to be a gym leader too. x3

I know how you feel man, all that work and effort and BAM all gone, same thing happened with me too. :wtf:
Sounds cool, this idea is ambitious but I have a feeling it will work out. So nothing has been decided yet right? Or is everything already set in stone?
The concept of online simulator is set in stone unless decided upon by both gym leader and participant to use actual games. I'm setting up discussion in our private staff boards tomorrow for finalizing ideas. If you have any ideas, please let us know. :)

Reactions: jandkas
i want to this on X/Y D:

But its ok if you can't

I'd be interested in this if we used X/Y. I've never really liked PO or PS.

I don't have the pokemon x and pokemon y yet :)

I don't have the pokemon x and pokemon y yet :)

Well, the original idea was before Pokémon X and Y and it was with Pokémon Showdown :p

Is it to late to join this?

Has this started already @Matthew? If not, then I'd like to contribute and participate in this. I only have Pokémon Y, by the way, and I don't use either Pokémon Online or Pokémon Showdown

Has this started already @Matthew? If not, then I'd like to contribute and participate in this. I only have Pokémon Y, by the way, and I don't use either Pokémon Online or Pokémon Showdown
It's not started yet. I'm going to get things moving hopefully this Thanksgiving as my course work is a bit hectic right now.

It's not started yet. I'm going to get things moving hopefully this Thanksgiving as my course work is a bit hectic right now.
Good luck with that :)

What tier would the battles be for this? Would they be OU, or would ubers be allowed too? Also, would gym leaders have to specialize in a type (and would replacing a gym leader have to involve specializing in the respective type if so?)?

Reactions: POKÉMON MASTER STRATEGIST
Would it be on X/Y or PO/PS?

Reactions: POKÉMON MASTER STRATEGIST
I have a few extra ideas with Play Coins being introduced.

- In step one, players need to bet 20 Play Coins every time they go through the Elite 4. Losing once means they have to bet another 20 Play Coins to fight them again. Half of the amount goes to the E4 member they lost to, and the other half goes to the champion. If they win, the Play Coins are returned to them (and maybe with an extra 20 Play Coins from the forum).

- In step two, players need to bet 10 Play Coins to challenge Gym Leaders. Same concept as above.

- In step four they bet 20 Play Coins to challenge the Elite 4.

- In step six they bet 50 Play Coins to challenge the Champion.

i think thats abit too much PC
not many people would play if u hav to spend so much PC
i olny hav 12

Sounds amazing! But with so many people on the forum how do you know who is taking whos spot and it all seems a bit complicated. I really just want a Pokemon championship, I hope you can make one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back