Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I loved Super Mystery Dungeon, so I'm really excited to see what they do with Rescue Team DX on the Nintendo Switch.

Tbh, I wasn't expecting a Mystery Dungeon game reveal from this specific Direct, but I'm not too surprised cause it's one of the longest Pokemon Directs EVER.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX Trailer:

It looks really good. I just hope we have a lot of legendary Pokemon in it, as well as most of the Pokemon we know about. I also hope the story is as good as Super Mystery Dungeon or better. Difficulty better be decently good too >.<)/

What do you think and what are you hoping for from this game?

Reactions: James, Mizunil and Starry Windy
the best thing in the direct, i will try the demo

Reactions: James and Marc
Judging from the name, I think this might be the remake of the first PMD games which was released for both GBA and Nintendo DS (Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team, respectively), so I think it'll have the same feel as these two. I'm wondering which additions will the DX bring to differentiate from the first game...

Probs I'll give the demo a try once it's out.

Reactions: James
Judging from the name, I think this might be the remake of the first PMD games which was released for both GBA and Nintendo DS (Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team, respectively)
Hmm.. I played Blue Rescue Team before, and I don't think Red Rescue Team would be all that different..? If that's the case, I'll probably just skip it. I didn't enjoy Blue Rescue Team as much as I enjoyed Super Mystery Dungeon.

Hmm.. I played Blue Rescue Team before, and I don't think Red Rescue Team would be all that different..? If that's the case, I'll probably just skip it. I didn't enjoy Blue Rescue Team as much as I enjoyed Super Mystery Dungeon.
as far i know,aside that the ds version has some QOL stuff because the ds has 2 screens, there are some exclusive pokemon

It's great, but I'm wondering if it's a remake of red, and blue put together though

It's great, but I'm wondering if it's a remake of red, and blue put together though
that seems to be the case

Reactions: James, Marc and Starry Windy
Not bad. WHY IS THERE A MEGA CHARIZARD!?!

I expect some new content but not enough to make me not try the older version. Sure the DS/Lite are the only systems to support both games but I prefer that because I'm sorta old.

I’m so hyped for this! I’m a big mystery dungeon fan and this looks great lol

The graphics look like a big step up from the 3ds versions. I hope they add some new elements to the story since it is more like a remake, but even if they don’t I’m still hyped nonetheless!

Money is a problem but I definitely wanna pick this up in the future :D

but I definitely wanna pick this up in the future :D
Did you try the demo?

I did an hour or so ago and it wasn't that great compared to previous PMD games I've played. I felt like quitting halfway through the demo, but I pulled through somehow.

I like how they give you the option of choosing who you will be if you don't answer the quiz to get it.

Reactions: James and Alex
Did you try the demo?

I did an hour or so ago and it wasn't that great compared to previous PMD games I've played. I felt like quitting halfway through the demo, but I pulled through somehow.
Aww really?I haven’t gotten it yet but I plan to try it hopefully tomorrow lol, I guess I’ll base my opinion on that

Yeah, I had to slog through the demo towards the end. It's a lot easier, I think, compared to the old games. All the enemies and items are visible on the map even if you haven't explored, and it seems some dungeons give out more gold sometimes. I made loads in Thunderwave Cave from doing nothing.

Yeah, I had to slog through the demo towards the end. It's a lot easier, I think, compared to the old games. All the enemies and items are visible on the map even if you haven't explored, and it seems some dungeons give out more gold sometimes. I made loads in Thunderwave Cave from doing nothing.
Could also be the early levels too. The beginning of games are normally easier to give people the "feel" of things.

Releasing 6th of March?

oh god

Releasing 6th of March?

oh god
Enough time to finish before Animal Crossing :p

Enough time to finish before Animal Crossing :p
I feel like I should just play the original again, to be honest, or just play the rest of the series.
I want to inject the nostalgia into my veins

Reactions: Starry Windy, Mizunil and Marc
Could also be the early levels too. The beginning of games are normally easier to give people the "feel" of things.
yeah,it could be that im not buying it at release, i will wait to see what other players think of the difficulty
also, while in short dungeons it surely woulnt matter, i guess that in longer dungeons it will be dangerous to fight every enemy you find(specially if you link your moves, bacuse if you dont get ethers before draining all your move´s PP,you surely cannot use moves anymore and then you would be unable to attack or be stuck with a trash move like struggle in the main games (wich does low damage and also damages you)

Reactions: Marc
while in short dungeons it surely woulnt matter, i guess that in longer dungeons it will be dangerous to fight every enemy you find(specially if you link your moves, bacuse if you dont get ethers before draining all your move´s PP,you surely cannot use moves anymore and then you would be unable to attack or be stuck with a trash move like struggle in the main games (wich does low damage and also damages you)
In those cases, I carry items so I'm prepared and don't just rely on what the dungeon gives me.

You can also set your partner to follow you and sort of "run" until you find the staircase to the next level if you really want to avoid enemies. Just hope they don't have long-range attacks.

Considering I got mystery dungeon: explorers of sky for christmas, I think I might just stick with that. I've never played a mystery dungeon game before, and I feel like this remake is just kinda riding on the nostalgia wave that I won't really get.

Ima just gonna save my money for animal crossing.

Reactions: Alex
Considering I got mystery dungeon: explorers of sky for christmas, I think I might just stick with that. I've never played a mystery dungeon game before, and I feel like this remake is just kinda riding on the nostalgia wave that I won't really get.

Ima just gonna save my money for animal crossing.
Yess. Animal Crossing is much worthier of your hard earned cash. Why explore dungeons when you can just pay to go into crippling debt to Nook?

Reactions: Marc, Mizunil and 28142
Back