Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Megas-which one will you choose?

• Thread starter CrazyElf
  • Start date

Which Mega Starter will you pick?

• Total voters
CrazyElf

CrazyElf

Apart of Santa's Workshop
Towns Folk
Now that Mega Diancie, Mega Sceptile, and Mega Swampert has been revealed by a CoroCoro scan, the hype is growing over these new games, along with other information. I'm over here hyping about this news. Honestly, I'm focusing on the Megas here. I like Mega Swampert. It's a tank. AN AWESOME TANK. The others are cool though.

Reactions: 3dsatackman
Well, I'm probably going with Mega Swampert, since I already have Mega Blaziken in my X/Y save.
As for Diancie... They should release it here first before talking about Mega :rotfl:!

And, would Mega-Lati@s count too ? Because I think that they will be released when OR/AS will be out...

Mega Swampert looks beast! and the most powerful-looking then the others! Diancie just looks like the odd one out. xD

SHOOT! I just realized I put "Which Mega STARTER will you pick?". Okay guys, it an error I made :D I was hyping all 'bout the Mega Starters that i forgot Diancie got a Mega. I realized it before i posted my post, and i changed it. Except i didn't change the poll question...

Well, I'm probably going with Mega Swampert, since I already have Mega Blaziken in my X/Y save.
As for Diancie... They should release it here first before talking about Mega :rotfl:!

And, would Mega-Lati@s count too ? Because I think that they will be released when OR/AS will be out...
Well, the Lati twins appeared in XY, but this is OR AS talk right now :D I think the Lati twins are just gonna be XY exclusives, even though that makes NO sense, noticing that they are Gen 3 Pokemon...but maybe OR AS will allow trade between XY, so we could experience other Megas :D Also, this is new news , and the Lati twin Megas aren't really "news" anymore...same with Mega Blaziken, but i had to include him :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mega Swampert looks like an abomination.

I'll likely pick Sceptile but I won't use it. I plan on breeding and levelling up a team I want to level 5 in X/Y and sending them over to OR/AS when it comes out.

Cool i'll chose Omega

I choose Mega Swampert , i think that is design is interesting and also because i already know that is full potential is in rain teams, i can see that Mega Sceptile will take more different roles in competitive especially because of his new ability (and i would have to make a specific team just to cover him), anyway i love mudkip so i will start the game with him.

Last edited:
Mega Swampert. It looks bulky as heck. I wonder what ability it'll have, :love:

As for M-Diancie, I'm just hoping that it gets a better ability. Clear Body isn't really cutting it imo. Levitate was what I wanted for its non-mega form but I doubt it'll get that after mega evolving.

I never really cared much for Sceptile, so... :panda:

Mega Swampert. It looks bulky as heck. I wonder what ability it'll have, :love:

As for M-Diancie, I'm just hoping that it gets a better ability. Clear Body isn't really cutting it imo. Levitate was what I wanted for its non-mega form but I doubt it'll get that after mega evolving.

I never really cared much for Sceptile, so... :panda:
Well, a lot of people expected Sap Sipper on Mega Swampert, but the creators decided to make it have Swift Swim :p Since it's bulky looking (and a bit fat :p), I think it might lose some speed, but still Swift Swim may come in handy. Mega Sceptile has a Christmas Tree for a tail (just wanted to point that out...lol)! Mega Sceptile has Lightning Rod as the ability, so no more Prankster T-Wave for him :/ But ANYWAYS, I think that these Megas turned out great. BTW, Mega Sceptile is grass-dragon now. Another dragon 4x weak to ice . Say hello to Ice Shard. BTW again....Solarbeam got nothing on Mega Swampert :3

Reactions: Marc and Mikaya
Do you guys even lift? Mega Swampert does.

Reactions: Mikaya
Swampert can only use splash , that's what I'm looking for. "Splash" ... My face was looking for splashers.

I'd go with Treecko (Sceptile) as my starter, ever since I played Ruby, I remember starting off with Treecko, and I just fell in love with it. I can imagine how Mega-Sceptile would be. Since I already got a shot at Mega-Blaziken in Pokemon X, I won't use it in this game, and as for Swampert, who doesn't like Swampert?! The reason why I won't pick him as my starter, is because I don't regularly choose the Water-Starter, I don't know why :bag:. I'll try him out competitively though!

Reactions: JunZhi
Sceptile ftw! Not weak to fire anymore but still weak to Poison, Flying, Fairy, and Bug. And with 2 priority Flying users (M-Pinsir and Talonflame) I think Sceptile is more late game. Most people would use him in Doubles but other than that I don't see him being used much (unless you predict and switch to get a +1 Sp. Atk boost)

I'd go with Treecko (Sceptile) as my starter, ever since I played Ruby, I remember starting off with Treecko, and I just fell in love with it. I can imagine how Mega-Sceptile would be. Since I already got a shot at Mega-Blaziken in Pokemon X, I won't use it in this game, and as for Swampert, who doesn't like Swampert?! The reason why I won't pick him as my starter, is because I don't regularly choose the Water-Starter, I don't know why :bag:. I'll try him out competitively though!
Sceptile ftw! Not weak to fire anymore but still weak to Poison, Flying, Fairy, and Bug. And with 2 priority Flying users (M-Pinsir and Talonflame) I think Sceptile is more late game. Most people would use him in Doubles but other than that I don't see him being used much (unless you predict and switch to get a +1 Sp. Atk boost)

I understand that Sceptile will be awesome in both regular game and competitive play, but, did you forget that his Mega-typing will make him even weaker to Ice Attacks ? Anyway, I'll be going with Swampert, because I already have Blaziken, and I've never been really using Grass-type Pokémons.

I understand that Sceptile will be awesome in both regular game and competitive play, but, did you forget that his Mega-typing will make him even weaker to Ice Attacks ? Anyway, I'll be going with Swampert, because I already have Blaziken, and I've never been really using Grass-type Pokémons.
I figured Ice types needed to be a little bit more important, but the problem is, all them Ice types are wimps (sure many people will use Greninja instead). Mamoswine, Abomasnow, and Weavile (Avalugg too) are like the only real OU Ice Pokes. They aren't a big of a threat but with STAB Ice Shard it'll take a beating.

I actually don't really like Mega Evolution. It's a bit overpowered in my opinion, especially Mega Legendaries, but I don't hate them, so never mind :p

There's a part of me that doesn't like them adding megas to the Hoenn starters. But that's just my inner nostalgic grumpy old man wishing things stayed the same.

Grass Types all the way! lol
For 6 gens, 11 Games, and 14 years I have been playing Pokemon and I always start of with the grass type lol I still remember the first time I played Pokemon lol It was when my Cousins from the US came over for a family reunion in my Grandma's place, it was Dec 24 at that time, and they brought out their GBCs and they were playing Pokemon with his twin brother, I was watching them play. Then they told me that they had a gift wrapped up for me. When my aunt called my name to get my present, I opened it up and got a GBC of my own and I got Red version. It was like a dream come true since I got interested in what they're playing and I always wanted a GBC to play tetris at that time. When I started my game, my cousins told me to start with Bulbasaur since they already got the the other 2 and they said it was the easiest pokemon to raise and Bulbasaur is kinda cute lol Thats how I started pokemon lol

Grass Types rule! lol

Reactions: Ozga
Okay, so it looks like Mega Swampert is taking the love from people, but. Mega Sceptile is coming back. Both Pokemon are amazing and unique, but I still have to go with Mega Swampert all the way. I just LOVE Water type Pokemon. I have played Gen 1-6, and every time, I chose the Water starter. Squirtle, Totodile, Mudkip, Piplup, Oshawott, and Froakie just caught my eyes, and they are so amazing. I just gotta love Mega Swampert. It's a tank and a Water type. And there are others things I like about Mega Swampert. Water types FTW and #Mega Swampert! Grass types are pretty cool too, especially the starters. Fire types, I don't like. Honestly. There are lots of Fire types that I love, but the starter Fire types, I just don't like. Game freak is sharing their love and everybody's love of Fire types. Charizard got 2 Megas...Blaziken got a Mega first, before the Hoenn starters...and there is more. But anyways, all Megas are unique and amazing in there own ways, so don't feel offended if I didn't share as much love to other Megas.

Reactions: Mikaya
well , i always like Groundon more than kyogre , and btw grass types sucks!!! i like fire and water starters!! the grass type i dont know why but i cant love them ....

Back