Gen 4 Pokemon Platinum Nuzlocke (With a Twist!)

• Thread starter luxray6490
  • Start date

Do you like the new rules?

• NO! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
luxray6490

luxray6490

Divergent
Towns Folk
Hi guys!

This is my little hobby over the summer but I wanted to do it with my own twist on it. I will be doing a Nuzlocke on Platinum with a few different rules! I hope you can join me on my journey through Sinnoh.

Basic Rules;

- Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released or put in the Pokémon Storage System permanently.
- The player must also nickname all of their Pokémon, for the sake of forming stronger emotional bonds.
- A
black out/white out is considered to be "game over", even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
- The player can use only Pokémon they have captured themselves, meaning traded Pokémon, mystery gifts, etc., are prohibited. Trading and retrading the same Pokémon (for the purpose of evolving a
Graveler, for example) is okay, however.
- Voluntarily resetting and reloading the game when things go wrong is NOT allowed
-
Starter Pokémon is based off the player's Trainer ID number. If the last number is 1-3 the player starts with a Grass type, 4-6 is Fire type, 7-9 is Water type, 0 is the player's choice.
- The player will use the same amount of Pokémon as the opponent during a
Gym battle or rival battle.
- When battling a Gym or a rival, the level of the players party Pokémon must not exceed the opponents highest levelled Pokémon.
- I can capture legendary Pokémon, but they must stay in the PC.

My Custom Rules;

- Apart from the Starter Pokémon, all other Pokémon in the players party will be chosen by a random Pokémon generator. The generator will load six Pokémon and I will choose one to be on my team. I will repeat this five times to fill my party.
- I can only capture the evolution of the chosen Pokémon and evolve them to their final form. Ie; if the generator gives my six Pokémon and I choose a Staravia, I can catch a Starly or Staravia and evolve it into a Staraptor.
- I can only use the Pokémon chosen through the generator and my starter. No other Pokémon.
- If one of the six Pokémon die I cannot replace it and go on with the remaining Pokémon.

Obviously I will only have 6 Pokémon to nickname so if you want to be a nickname ask quickly :p I'll post regularly with pictures of all important battles. (If my photos work and stuff)
I will post pictures of my trainer ID and the generated Pokémon later tonight and I'll get started either tomorrow or the day after! Hope to see you on my journey!!!!! :p:p:p

Reactions: Starmanfan
If you happen to get piplup name it emp, don't ask why

Okay! Ive got my Trainer ID and generated my Pokémon so lets meet the team!

vyqr2x.jpg
It ends in 3 so Turtwig will be my starter! Kinda wanted either of the other two. Empoleon is awesome and Infernape would have made life a lot easier but oh well. I like Torterra none the less.

30vyp00.jpg
This was an easy choice, altho I would've liked a Crobat I really hate Zubat and a Rapidash will really help me.

2iw7thd.jpg
This was quite a nice gift, only Eevee or Gible is usable and I like the variation Eevee has so I'll go with her this time. I'll wait to see the other Pokémon before I decide what to evolve her into.

rt4axx.jpg
Shinx no questions asked, I was so pleased to see this little beauty on my team. It's really made me happy.

2cz7d00.jpg
This is a tuff decision, Garchomp will help me a lot, but early on its just dead weight and I think it'll be tuff to go through training with it. Gallade isn't the best Pokémon, but I've never had one in my in game team before so it'll be a new experience!

72xet5.jpg
This made me feel a mix of excitement and disappointment. I was hoping for a Pokémon to have a clear niche on the team and fit in perfectly, (or Staraptor) but I got Yanmega. I love Yanmega don't get me wrong but I don't know where it'll fit in. I'm sure it'll be great and have undiscovered potential.

Okay so now you've met the team lets finalise things...
1.Turtwig (Torterra)
2.Ponyta (Rapidash)
3.Eevee (Glaceon)
4.Shinx (Luxray)
5.Ralts (Gallade)
6. Yanma (Yanmega)

Now lets get down to nicknaming. I'm travelling tomorrow so I'll hopefully start properly in a couple days! May add a pic of Turtwig before hand!

Part 1: Lito, the Rival

2ewdugw.jpg

Nice and easy battle this one. Lito kept using leer and I kept tackling him. Easy win. Poor Lito the looser :cry:

izmcyd.jpg

First up we have a little pic of my Turtwig. Its nature means no stat changes which is good, so far its proven the backbone of my team!

ipa549.jpg

Shinx is pretty neat. Intimidate has really helped in the early stages so far and she hits pretty hard. Somewhat of a glass cannon but also has her buddy Turtwig to lean on.

30jtxds.jpg

Now for the second rival battle. Poor Lito never learned and kept on growling at Turtwig while he landed a nice crit and knocked poor Starly out.
30tq3b6.jpg

After throwing four tackles and missing two, Shinx took three scratched and three leers. I didn't want to leave her to be out-sped and killed so I switched into Turtwig to finish the job, defeating Lito again.

2e5qmxd.jpg

Finally I'll show you my newest catch, Ponyta! Not much to say right now other than that I need to do some serious grinding to bring her up to scratch with the others!

That ends part one! I'm going to grind all my Pokémon to level 14 to battle Roark which I will upload soon. Stay tuned.

Note: I need to nickname my mons so post your nickname and whatever Pokémon you want it to be on so I can name these otherwise nameless friends...

Nickname Shinx Pokefreak don't let me die I'm luxray too brother luxray!

Reactions: luxray6490
Since Turtwig is going to end up as a tree-bearing beast that is Torterra, I suggest you nickname him "Mireclops" after the Quaggled Mireclops boss from Pikmin 3. Both creatures resemble moving chunks of land that support organic life on their backs.

latest

UPDATE!!!

Note: I've now got nicknames for both Turtwig and Shinx thanks to @Fade and @pokefreak and I will be naming them once I got to the name rater in Eterna City. I still need a nickname for Ponyta as well, and the other three future Mons.

Part 2: Roark, the Miner

So I've grinded the team to level 14 in prep for Roark, took a long time for Ponyta and Shinx but Turtwig blasted absorb and razor leaf in the mine easy! Now down to business...

fjggll.jpg

Geodude got hit with a razor leaf and was easily OHKOed.
28ivpsh.jpg

Same again Razor leaf OHKOed Onix but I first got out-sped and Onix lay stealth rock.
2ai59gj.jpg

I switched into Shinx for the intimidate. I took some rock damage and got hit by a pursuit before I could hit with a spark that done just under 50% damage meaning I'd need two more sparks. Luckily it got paralysed. I then used charge and got hit my a head butt and finished the job with a spark winning me the match!

erk502.jpg

But that's not all! Shinx evolved into Luxio! Congratulations Pokefreak!!!

Final note... I'm going to grind to level 22 now and take on the Eterna City Gym and Nickname my Mons

I evolved, booh-ya name ponyta blitzin/blitzen, get it?

I will be doing this with you I'm excited to actually play this game again :).

I will be doing this with you I'm excited to actually play this game again :).
definitely the best Pokémon game. Cynthia is just the best champion :p

We really need a sinnoh remake!!

We really need a sinnoh remake!!
I know I want it so bad!!! With mega luxray especially... (I hope) Cynthia with mega Garchomp and Barry with Mega Heracross :confused:

Luxray would look so cool as a mega and I think we can see mega spinning starters and new dialga,palkia, and giratina forms.

Luxray would look so cool as a mega and I think we can see mega spinning starters and new dialga,palkia, and giratina forms.
Primal forms... I think mega luxray needs to be dual electric/fairy. The mega starters would be cool. I love them all so much! That would be such an awesome game. Hopefully it'll be soon in gen7

I think M-luxray would be more of a electric/dark type.

I think M-luxray would be more of a electric/dark type.
Yh thought that before but I saw this epic fan design for mega Lux and I was inspired

Geodude got hit with a razor leaf and was easily OHKOed.

Same again Razor leaf OHKOed Onix but I first got out-sped and Onix lay stealth rock.
Yes, Turtwig undoubtedly had to team-carry for the first gym. Limited opportunity existed beyond him considering his teammates' overall aptitude. His smug, expressionless face all but add to his cautious persistence, as evident by his entry within the Trainer's memo.

... I hope he doesn't die...

PLZ!!!! Name Eevee "Mustache"

you should totally name your ralts Starmanfan :p I will watch this nuzlocke like a hawk.

If it isn't already named, can you name your ralts EyeRalts60 or Eyeballz60. Doesn't matter they are both awesome names xD

Back