Pokemon ROM Hacks

• Thread starter FLCL
  • Start date
FLCL

FLCL

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
There are a lot of Pokemon ROM hacks out there, so I thought I'd make a thread for discussing and sharing them. I won't be posting any links to downloads and will ask you to refrain from doing so in your posts, anyone interested in playing any of these ROMs mentioned will have to find them on their own.

Pokemon XY: Naturia Version

Pokemon-XY-GBC-1.gif

Pokemon XY: Naturia Version is a Pokemon Gold hack that is based off Pokemon XY and has an updated roster of Pokemon, its currently in Beta and is not yet finished.

screenie.png

Pokemon Liquid Crystal is a Pokemon FireRed hack that is a remake of Pokemon Crystal with updated tilesets and sprites, 4th gen battle mechanics, new rivals, increase to difficulty and weather effects among other features.

teaser1.png

Pokemon Reborn is definitely one of the best ROM hacks out there, it takes place in a new detailed world, it contains all 721 Pokemon, and has a very high difficulty with it having a level cap for your Pokemon. It's definitely a game competitive Pokemon players could sink their teeth into to and is a game I can recommend.

Reactions: Mikaya and PersonSP
The best Pokemon ROM hack i've played is called Pokemon Flora SKy, it's based off of Pokemon Emerald from GBA, and has all the Pokemon from all regions, except for the Kalos region. It has custom animations, very good storyline, and it's very fun to play overall. You can choose one of the Sinnoh starters.

the best ive played are snakewood which features a zombie apocalypse and light platinum which has an awesome storyline and 2 regions

Reactions: 532
The ones I liked (but haven't actually completed though) are Pokemon Glazed, Dark Rising and Dark Violet. They often have OP pokes (trainers/rivals) so I need to train my party. -.-

They all have a completely new regions, no new pokes (I like the ones I know), so it's fun exploring new places and catching rare pokes from time to time. ;)

I've played many more, but they didn't appeal to me. :playful:

Reactions: 532
I kind of liked Toxic Purple but it just really wasn't like Pokemon I know you are a grunt but spoiler alert your boss kills a Marowak...... wtf. It just doesn't seem right. Well my actual favorite is storm silver.

The pokemon rom hack I mostly liked was pokemon ahs gray because this rom hack just makes you relive and play the anime. You can make your own decision on evolving your pokemon, keeping pokemon you will release or just beat the elite four. Although some things are hard like how ash went to Sabrina's gym early was hard. You can catch all pokemons ash has caught, there are other cool things like how ash's Charizard doesn't listen to you even in the game. They added the Orange islands but I don't know if they added every single one. You can even relive the first pokemon movie and fight mewtwo himself. I would recommend this to people because it's just an amazing rom hack.

Yeah those Roms i played them various time on my phone with my emulator and they are pretty cool wish nintendo would still make for Gameboy but wgo do i am kidding they have to move forward so they can make progress look now we have 3ds and 3ds patched roms has already been make to play game.

I personally enjoyed pokemon Blaze Black and Blaze Black 2 just because they take the games and make them much harder!

I personally enjoyed pokemon Blaze Black and Blaze Black 2 just because they take the games and make them much harder!
Agreed, the ROM hacks of Pokemon Black and White were good. Every Pokemon game starts off slow, and then halfway through the game, you One-hit kill pretty much everything in the game.
ROM hacks have a consistent difficulty, and are also more difficult sometimes, that's why I love 'em.

I've played almost all Pokemon Hacks, and enjoyed them all. I think my favorite was Dark Rising, and White Platinum. Something like that. I really enjoy Rom Hacks, and is downloading Reborn right now.

Speaking of Hacks, I have hacking tools for 3rd Gen Pokemon games lol But I can only do as much as changing overworlds, texts in FR/LG, Changing starter pokes, pokemon location, encounter ratio, pokedex data, pokemon's learned moves, Sprites, and I guess some other stuff lol

Lol, this Pokemon Reborn game has epic music, and I love the Dark theme, and quotes of the npcs.

I really like the ROMs of the original games the most, make me remind of when i was 6, i really wanted to become the pokemon master :)

Reactions: SaToRi
Reborn looks like something I should really try, I'll have to take a look into that.

The best on I have so far played is Pokémon Adventure Red. It have some brilliant graphics and the story line in based on the Manga of Red. It also have some extra events which are also really very good and also it have a moderate difficulty. I liked it so much <3. You guys should definitely check this out. I knew that you will definitely like it. Tell me how do you think the game is.

And also I like Pokémon Ash Gray, it is based on the anime itself and you follow the steps of Ash! I also recommend you to check this one out too! :)

One of my favorites is Pokemon Sweet Version.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've played Light Platinum and I loved it :D The sprites on that game were amazing and didn't look like normal gba sprites. I also loved the tons of added features (which I forgot) it was a good hack I remember enjoying it. :)

Reactions: FreakyStyley
the best I have heard and seen in which a class mate of mine showed me his light platinum game in which you could get all the legendaries and the worst I have played was pokem0n thunder emblem which could only carry you to a certain part of the game ,I was only simple minded at the time so with no experience I played it.

I played pokemon uncensored, just because the dialogue was so hilarious. Also, i liked pokemon adventure 3d or whatever it was. I tried hacking my own, but ended up just changing the text, music, and a couple of sprites. I called it Thomas edition cuz I made squirrel sprite a train. I don't even know why

Best Pokémon Hacks :
Pokémon Snakewood: It is like Pokémon Ruby but you are part of a Pokémon Apocalypse and you have to defeat the boss.
Pokémon Light Platinum: Contains Pokémon from Pokémon White and Black and the story line is really Awesome

Reactions: FreakyStyley
Back