Pokemon ROM Hacks

• Thread starter FLCL
  • Start date
I've played Ponymon before..there was Ponymon: Dusk and Ponymon: Dawn and they were hilarious..everything is actually changed to MLP style. But if you think about it, you're being given the chance to battle and kill other Ponymons..so..maybe this is a good release if you don't like MLP as well? xD I'm not a huge fan of MLP but the game was surprisingly amusing.

My favorite is Dark Rising. I used to play it on my old phone before it got messed up. Every thing is good in it. It even includes Pokemon from Gen 1-5. Even encountering starters in the wild. The gym battles were kind of tough. I was on the 7th gym badge I think and the guy was already using level 90s. Also I like how the bad guys in the game (I forgot their name, is it still Team Rocket?) are members from Team Rocket, Team Galactic etc. Now that I got a new phone, I have to start all over >.>

Reactions: Mikaya
My favourite rom hack pokemon ashgray version because it give me a sense of nostalgia from the anime and allows me to feel like i was there and is one of the best rom hacks i ever played thats why its my favourite rom hack

My favorite Rom Hack would be Liquid Crystal. Crystal is one of my all time favorite spin offs so to see it re-imagined was quite nice. The zombie rom (cannot remember it's name) was actually pretty cool as well and offered an entirely new plot line to Pokemon.

My favorite rom hacks was ash gray !!! Quite cool to see these different games . I beat the game and it was quite challenging for me but it was overall nice and im already starting to play the others ones . Imagine these ROM hacks were some day real games :whistle::playful:

My favorites are Pokemon Flora Sky and Pokemon Victory Fire. It's been ages since I've played them but for memory they were a lot tougher than regular Pokemon games with a larger range of Pokemon available to catch in the wild and an interesting story line. Unfortunately I think that one of them had been badly translated into english so it was kind of hard to follow. I really liked having Victini in Victory Fire.

With a new, really promising pokemon rom hack on the way called Pokemon Life, I thought, "What was the best rom hack I have played." Mine is probably Pokemon Glazed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Pokemon Light Platinum is my favorite because there's lots of content and its very fun to play. There are also a lot of pokemon to chose when you make your team.

Reactions: SmashBro
Ahh, Light Platinum, the first rom hack I played! That is definitely my 2nd favorite rom hack, behind Pokemon Glazed, of course.

Yeah, I played Glazed too, and I thought it was really good. I just thought the ending was strange when Mew comes and the Pikachu joins you.

Pokemon Uranium was ok.. I kinda liked it..

Pokemon ashgray is a firered hack with ash's story of the anime in it. Pokemon Light platinum is also good.

BTW most of the 3rd ge game hackers use this program called "Advance Map". I tried it out and its awesome

My favorite PKMN hack was PKMN Dark Rising it was about how Arceus needed your help to stop evil forces but you only helped Arceus so you could find your dad and I enjoyed it because if not for this Hack I would not be friends with my one friends who is my Best Friend. Not only that but I was really proud of myself for beating Darugis/ the champion on my first try which took my Best Friend like 20 trys to beat

:OOO My friend found a X/Y ROM hack based off of Ruby/Sapphire but apparently it was moved or blocked or something because I can't find it!!!! :punch::rage: Yay finally I can get this one! My favorite is pokemon Light Platinum because it has a totally new and good storyline, plus it is really hard :D I am doing a Nuzlocke on there and I was having trouble. The graphics are also good. http://pokemonlightplatinum.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Pokemon_Light_Platinum_1.png Here a walkthroiugh if you need help or have FAQ. It also has pokemon percentages!!! *Talk to EVERYBODY and you will get things and free Pokemon :) In EVERY town talk to EVERYONE don't forget!!!*
Pokemon_Light_Platinum_1.png

Another good ROM was Pokemon SnakeWood it was about how you wake up in your hometown and it is destroyed you find 3 pokeballs and you take one for protection they are Baltoy, Koffing and one other Pokemon I dont remember anyway you are looking for your brother an his girlfriend and after exiting your destroyed hometown you learn its the Zombie apocalypse and there are zombie Pokemon and people.

Another good ROM was Pokemon SnakeWood it was about how you wake up in your hometown and it is destroyed you find 3 pokeballs and you take one for protection they are Baltoy, Koffing and one other Pokemon I dont remember anyway you are looking for your brother an his girlfriend and after exiting your destroyed hometown you learn its the Zombie apocalypse and there are zombie Pokemon and people.
... what. That is disturbing. I kinda wanna play it though because disturbing thing ar my specialitaty :D jk but It seems kinda of cool. I like how the starter Pokemon aren't starter Pokemons so you aren't OP

Back