Pokemon the Anime

• Thread starter Matthew
  • Start date
Matthew

Matthew

WE ARE... MARSHALL!!
Towns Folk
Who has watched the anime? I'm currently going back and watching from episode 1, and I must say, I'm loving the nostalgia kick.

Reactions: Flarence
I did, but I sadly digress. I stopped after season three, I felt like everything went downhill from there. I still watch epic battles and such, but after 800+ episodes with Ash gaining absolutely no character development besides the Pokemon he has in his party and the match ups he's learned, I just couldn't stand it. xC
I mean really. . . he'll stay ten years old forever.

Reactions: Marc
I did watch quite a bit of it when I was younger. It was such a warm-and-fuzzy-feeling-inside anime. I loved it.

I never missed an episode when the first Pokemon anime was released. I don't watch it again and I can't see myself re-watching the episodes, btw. I only play the games now, ;)

I re watched the first season of Pokemon like 2 summers ago. I had forgotten or skipped so many episodes when I was younger, so it was a good decision. I really loved it and it gave me nostalgia :')
I still watched up to when May got into the show, and some of when Dawn came to the show but once they got to Hoenn I stopped. Of course, I haven't seen every single episode. I've seen a few of the new ones and they are terrible..

Reactions: Flarence and Marc
I re watched the first season of Pokemon like 2 summers ago. I had forgotten or skipped so many episodes when I was younger, so it was a good decision. I really loved it and it gave me nostalgia :')
I still watched up to when May got into the show, and some of when Dawn came to the show but once they got to Hoenn I stopped. Of course, I haven't seen every single episode. I've seen a few of the new ones and they are terrible..
I'm going back now and re-watching up to the Orange Islands. I didn't enjoy the newer seasons to much, and it sounds like I'm right to not watch any further from your description. :p

Reactions: Isabella and Flarence
So true, the anime is rather dull now, besides the battles. The battles are cooler now, but that's it. XD

Reactions: Isabella
So true, the anime is rather dull now, besides the battles. The battles are cooler now, but that's it. XD
Honestly, I'd rather watch the old show and not have to put up with 6 year old female voice Ash then watch cool battles. :/

That's exactly why I only watch AMVs of battles of Black and White on youtube. =P

That's exactly why I only watch AMVs of battles of Black and White on youtube. =P
I'll check out some of the battles. Any suggestions on what some good ones are?

Iris' Dragonite vs. Georgia's Beartic

A bit of the gym battles. Skyla's gym battle between Ash was decent.

Reactions: Matthew
Oh yeah and, last year they released a black2/white2 trailer which I thought was awesome, I wish it was the real anime. >< here's the video

I really need to watch the Orange Islands season again, I think I skipped some of those too Dx

After the "Pokemon: The Battle Frontier" series I never watched the later episodes. I watched one or two episodes of the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl series but never took it on and honestly I never enjoyed the "Pokemon Black and White" series. I only know the Pokemon of the Unova region from the game, Pokemon to me is starting to get lame,I miss the older series. But I will be watching Pokemon: The Origin anime it looks like a really good new addition to the Pokemon Universe, I look forward towards that anime :D

After the "Pokemon: The Battle Frontier" series I never watched the later episodes. I watched one or two episodes of the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl series but never took it on and honestly I never enjoyed the "Pokemon Black and White" series. I only know the Pokemon of the Unova region from the game, Pokemon to me is starting to get lame,I miss the older series. But I will be watching Pokemon: The Origin anime it looks like a really good new addition to the Pokemon Universe, I look forward towards that anime :D
We shall see. The Japanese version is already out if you wanna watch it subbed but if you wanna see it dubbed wait until November.

Reactions: Reece
We shall see. The Japanese version is already out if you wanna watch it subbed but if you wanna see it dubbed wait until November.

Oh, I wanna see it dubbed, Pokemon and Digimon are one of the two animes I have to see Dubbed :D

Oh, I wanna see it dubbed, Pokemon and Digimon are one of the two animes I have to see Dubbed :D
I understand how you feel. There are some anime for me I have to watch dubbed too.

Reactions: Reece
I stopped after the 4th or 5th season of pokemon, it was getting really old. I like the looks of pokemon origins though.

I stopped after the 4th or 5th season of pokemon, it was getting really old. I like the looks of pokemon origins though.
At what point in the game series did you stop? I never kept up with seasons, just always based it off Original and Orange Islands (what I watched in the series).

I've played up to platinum for the games.

Back