Pokemon the Anime

• Thread starter Matthew
  • Start date
I've played up to platinum for the games.
I mean at what point in the anime game wise did you stop? What gen were they at?

Best season of pokemon = season 1 cause it's so epic lol lmao

Best season of pokemon = season 1 cause it's so epic lol lmao
Have you watch all the Pokemon seasons or just the few starting (that were good)

Is it just me or has pikachu lost some weight since the first episode?

I think he did, at first he looked more chubby now he looks like he grown in height (little) and he lost some weight, I realized that mostly when the Pokemon Advance series begun.

He changed a lot, don't know if for being cute or easy to draw...

He changed a lot, don't know if for being cute or easy to draw...
I think cute, but I liked him more when he was a bit chubby :p

Reactions: Reece
The first season of pokemon was amazing, but everything after that just sucks. I hate team rocket. Theyre such fruitcakes and theyre soo annoying.

The first season of pokemon was amazing, but everything after that just sucks. I hate team rocket. Theyre such fruitcakes and theyre soo annoying.
They were actually cool in the Pokemon Black/White series, but in the rest they were total fruitcakes, I kinda wanted them to be lame in Pokemon Black/White season instead they were more secretive and professional.

They were actually cool in the Pokemon Black/White series, but in the rest they were total fruitcakes, I kinda wanted them to be lame in Pokemon Black/White season instead they were more secretive and professional.
Haha, I just want them gone :p

The first series was the best. That's what got me into the whole craze. xD

all the series after that weren't as good, though, what a shame...so I stopped watching it.

I mean at what point in the anime game wise did you stop? What gen were they at?
I was only able to watch up to the Gen 3 ones (and that was a long time ago on WB on Saturdays). I have almost all of Gen 1, the Gen 2 Movies (and some cassettes of Gen 2), and I've seen Jirachi Wishmaker. I'm just old for them. (Pokemon Origins was awesome btw)

I watched the anime up until D/P, really. Then I kind of lost interest in Pokemon for a while. Tried to get back into the anime by watching BW, which probably wasn't the best choice... I've heard good things about X/Y, though.

I watched the anime up until D/P, really. Then I kind of lost interest in Pokemon for a while. Tried to get back into the anime by watching BW, which probably wasn't the best choice... I've heard good things about X/Y, though.
YES! X/Y isn't all that bad, I'm surprise it gives me the Pokemon Advance feeling. Team Rocket is back to normal, Ash is not that annoying little pipsqueak in this series (IMO). I would say that it's a great season so far! The characters are really well done too.

Pokemon B/W.... Damaged the entire Pokemon fanbase..

Reactions: LavenderTownGhost
YES! X/Y isn't all that bad, I'm surprise it gives me the Pokemon Advance feeling. Team Rocket is back to normal, Ash is not that annoying little pipsqueak in this series (IMO). I would say that it's a great season so far! The characters are really well done too.

Pokemon B/W.... Damaged the entire Pokemon fanbase..

I adored Pokemon Advance, so I'll definitely have to check it out. :)

I liked 1st-Advanced lol The first series though were the best. They have a lot of Japanese references though but I don't mind lol. The whole sense of the 1st gen is just to have aan adventure, with the same old plot that never got old lol(Ash and co. goes to somewhere->something happened->Team Rocket did something->Ash chases Team Rocket->Team Rocket gets a giant robot or something->Ash wins VS Team Rocket->Day saved) The Johto league features a lot more battles and stories,myths and Folklore about the legendary pokemons(Since the Johto region is some kind of a province so theres a lot of myths and folklore and it kinda blend well with the actual province in japan). Advance is still the same old plot but a lot "cleaner"(No guns, etc. in short, Censorship happened). They dumbed down a lot of stuff and introduced contests. I got a little excited about the contests and was thinking that its the same as the one in the game but I got disappointed instead. After Advanced and till the end of it, I didn't bothered watching Pokemon until Diamond and Pearl. I noticed that Ash and Brock's voiced changed for the worse and googled it why. It turns out that Fox Kids isn't dubbing Pokemon anymore and stopped watching Pokemon completely. After years of not watching it though, I tried watching every Pokemon again but in subtitles. I kinda liked their voices in Japanese lol. I'm watching marathons of it every weekends lol.

I'm in Porygon's episode now lol (Banned episode lol)

serena is useless in the x and y anime

i am starting at season 1 i plan to watch em all. and am almost done with season 1.

I watched almost all the pokemon animes and even the movies and the leagues episodes with ash,Pikachu and his friends but i like most when it's not Ash time

Reactions: 3dsatackman
I used to watch a lot of the anime and now I still occasionally watch it online, usually in Japanese with English subtitles because I prefer the sound of their voices. I have watched a few episodes of XY and I must say that I'm happy with what I've seen, it's sooooo much better than BW. Also I love Grant in the anime, he's such beast xD

Also, why does everyone love pathetic first season so much? ._. I got into Pokemon a little late so I didn't watch tons of the pre-gen III episodes, but from what I've seen, Ash was completely useless in the early episodes.

If they made another full series like the BW2 trailer or Origins which people have mentioned, I would watch that consistently.

Back