Pokemon virtual console

• Thread starter 3dsatackman
  • Start date

pokemon 1,2,3 gen n vc

• Total voters
Well we have gen one on 3ds eshop and on different languages :D so I think that we could get gen 2 on 3ds and gen 3 on Wii U cause that seems absolutely doable and if not it's ok I hope :D anyways that's my opinion see you

Keep in mind the the biggest issue these games had before they were released was the lack of link cable support on the virtual console. It's only until they solved the issue that the first games were finally released. IMO this is likely the same reason we're not getting Crystal right away either, as Japanese Crystal used a mobile adapter to link online and trade/read news/do quizzes/get the GS Ball.

Keep in mind the the biggest issue these games had before they were released was the lack of link cable support on the virtual console. It's only until they solved the issue that the first games were finally released. IMO this is likely the same reason we're not getting Crystal right away either, as Japanese Crystal used a mobile adapter to link online and trade/read news/do quizzes/get the GS Ball.
Makes sense.

Ahh so that why ... I thought it had to do with old glitches like the missingno and certain other things in older games, plus people transferring these glitched or not legit Pokemon which i guess would count as a unfair advantage unless Nintendo already blocked this from working in poke bank of course lol. I don't have poke bank just for personal reasons but i wouldn't be surprised if they already blocked this from working :p

Ahh so that why ... I thought it had to do with old glitches like the missingno and certain other things in older games, plus people transferring these glitched or not legit Pokemon which i guess would count as a unfair advantage unless Nintendo already blocked this from working in poke bank of course lol. I don't have poke bank just for personal reasons but i wouldn't be surprised if they already blocked this from working :p

They made no effort to fix any of these bugs in the virtual console releases, instead letting the Pokebank do the work for them. In fact, they were more concerned about fixing Jynx's pallet in Yellow than they were correcting glitches. :rotfl:

Anyway the point being, if they were to make Gen III available on Wii U or Switch, they'd have to do the exact same thing again but this time trying to implement GBA link cable support instead of GB/C.

I totally want Pokemon Fire Red on the eshop it's way better than the original and it was my first Pokemon game. I'm sorry but the original's sprites are ugly and I hate that the games are in black in white especially when there are super gameboy versions also the original is very glitchy, while that can be fun sometimes it just leads to frustration. I really hope that it gets on Switch virtual console so I can play it on the go.

I totally want Pokemon Fire Red on the eshop it's way better than the original and it was my first Pokemon game. I'm sorry but the original's sprites are ugly and I hate that the games are in black in white especially when there are super gameboy versions also the original is very glitchy, while that can be fun sometimes it just leads to frustration. I really hope that it gets on Switch virtual console so I can play it on the go.

As long as you keep in mind that these games were the foundations of the franchise and that this was what kids back in the day flocked to, so credit where it's due. (Minor note though, there were no Super Gameboy versions of the games; it was the same black and white game, just with the Super Gameboy hardware imposing a predetermined pallet onto it.)

Now that we already have Gen 1 on the virtual console and Gen 2 is on it's way, I've got to say these are pretty decent additions, as the fanbase has grown considerably.

Now, onto Gen 3 (the one I like above gen 1 & 2 personally)

Since GBA games haven't really seen too much attention in the New 3ds models (and being totally non-existent in the old 3ds models), I don't think it's gonna be on the 3ds. However, it might be interesting to see it on the Switch,as that is the console with the most attention rn.

(Also, the Switch kinda resembles the GBA in handheld mode)

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
Back