Pokemon X and Y - Mega Evolutions

• Thread starter Matthew
  • Start date
The last Pokemon game I played was Soul Silver, so I'm excited for every single Pokemon. :D

Reactions: Matthew
I would have preferred if the Mega Evolutions were permanent. I'm personally looking forward to Mega Absol though.

I'm not too excited about mega forms. I don't even think that players will be able to use 'em over Wi-Fi and that's where I spend most of my time playing Pokemon (well, that and EV training.. and IV breeding).

I'm not too excited about mega forms. I don't even think that players will be able to use 'em over Wi-Fi and that's where I spend most of my time playing Pokemon (well, that and EV training.. and IV breeding).

You'll still have to complete the game's story to have access to more Pokemon :p

You'll still have to complete the game's story to have access to more Pokemon :p
Really? I'm sure after XX minutes of gameplay you'll be able to access the GTS (Global Trade Station), and I heard somewhere that you do not have to see the Pokemon to get it from the GTS, :bag:

I'm pretty sure X and Y will get an all new GTS not linked to that of the previous games.

They should be called mega forms but aside from that, I've become OK with them.

My girlfriend, who loves Pokemon a lot, might still think Game Freak is insane for them, though.

I like the addition of Mega Pokémon, although they will be OP. Lets just hope the in-game AI will be using them at times.

I think Mega Evolutions are fantastic, there are too many people just making snap shallow judgements comparing them to Digimon just because it has the word mega. People these days...

Reactions: Reece
I think Mega Evolutions are fantastic, there are too many people just making snap shallow judgements comparing them to Digimon just because it has the word mega. People these days...
Yeah, people always disagree on everything. It's just obvious that if you don't like it don't use it, or better yet don't get the game.

Reactions: jandkas
If Mega's aren't in Uber teir or banned, than I may very well enjoy the aspect of this. However, that seems a bit unlikely, I'm very interested in how things are turning out though. So much hype for this game. <3

I don't even think that players will be able to use 'em over Wi-Fi
Today I learned that the Pokemon must hold a special item to turn "mega" during battle (maybe they have to use a special move too, not sure). I guess people will be taking advantage of this over Wi-Fi after all...

Today I learned that the Pokemon must hold a special item to turn "mega" during battle (maybe they have to use a special move too, not sure). I guess people will be taking advantage of this over Wi-Fi after all...
Do you mean like how Moletta could use that one move and turn into her altered form during battle?

Do you mean like how Moletta could use that one move and turn into her altered form during battle?
I'm clueless when it comes to 5th gen Pokemon, ;)

That's. . . that's just. . . That's actually really awesome! =D

I think they might just not allow mega stones though.

There's the possibility that if Nintendo encourages the new mechanics more, then it will be implemented into competitive play, like if they were to host a wifi tournament that included both mega Pokemon and OU Pokemon, smogon sites would have to ease up on the rules for clan-play.

I really like Mega Mewtwo and Mega Lucario. I find it interesting how two of my favorite Pokémon got new evolutions.

Reactions: jandkas
Yeah, Mega Pokémon all must hold their correct Mega Stone's in order to Mega Evolve. Plus your only allowed to Mega Evolve one Pokémon per battle.

Reactions: Marc
Back