Pokemon Y Or X Best Starter

• Thread starter sonic26033
  • Start date
sonic26033

sonic26033

I Play Sonic Lost World
Towns Folk
I think frogakie is the best starter because that's the starter I picked and plus water types are awesome and he evoles into greninja so that's why I picked him =P

I think Chespin is the best. Froakie was over choosed (people chose him too much) and left the other starters in the dust. Chespin is a grass type who turns into a grass fighting type. He's awesome.

#TeamFroakie is legit. Although Fennekin is the best to start with because it gets you Zapdos later on. Also, you can get all the starters in the Friend Safari, so you could get a Protean Froakie from there lol

There's no better pokemon , there are always disadvantages and advantages so there is no proof that there is a " Best Starter "

There's no better pokemon , there are always disadvantages and advantages so there is no proof that there is a " Best Starter "
There's always an advantageous starter to start with though with this game. Because each starter offers a different experience of which pokemon you can get

now that i think about it every starter is like almost the same except that they different types it doesnt matter which starter you pick as long as you have fun thats good <3

So is a Magikarp as good as Froakie in that sense then? :p

When in its evolved form gyarados and froakie 2nd evolution that I can't remember they both would be good pokemon lol as in the pokedex they made magikarp the most useless pokemon xD

When in its evolved form gyarados and froakie 2nd evolution that I can't remember they both would be good pokemon lol as in the pokedex they made magikarp the most useless pokemon xD
Protean Frogadier would be pretty powerful and could cause issues for Gyarados. It could be balanced for all we know

I have the 3 but still hard to decide.
Maybe Froakie

I think Fennekin is the best, becuse it has a lot of powerful moves. I also beat the Pokémon Champion with Fennekin, too.

I think Fennekin is the best, becuse it has a lot of powerful moves. I also beat the Pokémon Champion with Fennekin, too.
Fennekin is pretty good, but in terms of Hidden Abilities it isn't as good as Froakie, who gets Protean. Protean changes type based on the move used, which could easily be manipulated to one's advantage

The shuriken attack is really useful honestly.

Reactions: ShinyLatios
The shuriken attack is really useful honestly.
Yeah, even though it gets lower power, the fact that it's a priority multiple hit move is really nice (now imagine if Froakie's Hidden Ability was Skill Link...)

Yeah, even though it gets lower power, the fact that it's a priority multiple hit move is really nice (now imagine if Froakie's Hidden Ability was Skill Link...)

It's also awesome when the other pokemon have low life, and if you have luck to give 5 attacks or at least a critical attack, oh yeah!

It's also awesome when the other pokemon have low life, and if you have luck to give 5 attacks or at least a critical attack, oh yeah!
Oh yeah, for sure. I really like that TrollFreak introduced such a fun move to abuse in battle. Definitely one to add to the Greninja the ninja moveset

Froakie specially the one with Hidden Ability Protean is pure beast. It's really versatile and can check/counter many pokes.

Froakie specially the one with Hidden Ability Protean is pure beast. It's really versatile and can check/counter many pokes.
the one thing I don't particularly like about it though is that when it becomes a Greninja the Base Stats have a bit more emphasis in Special Attack than in Physical Attack, when Greninja's staple moves are physical attacks

Fennekin is my favorite and i think its different from other fire type pokemon, he is cute and is something like a witch so i think you should choose him.

Fennekin is my favorite and i think its different from other fire type pokemon, he is cute and is something like a witch so i think you should choose him.
Fennekin is great and all to start with (as it gives you access to Zapdos), but in a competitive sense Froakie is better (especially if it's a Protean Froakie). Once it becomes a Greninja, it has access to some really awesome moves. I'd probably start with Fennekin but post-game, with access to Friend Safari, I'd probably use Froakie more

Back