Protagonist's Name

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
What name(s) have you given the protagonist in your Shin Megami Tensei games? In Shin Megami Tensei IV, I named my protagonist "Marc", :oops: In Devil Survivor Overclocked, I named him "Marc Emiya".

What about you guys? I might be a bit more creative with my next game though.

I named my protagonist in SMT IV "Bragga," from braggadocio humor in the game. I forgot about Devil Survivor, but in Strange Journey, I gave him name "Athene Cryst."

I played Shin Megami Tensei on my friend's phone, and i named my protagonist "Senpai". @Marc , you will get that :p

Reactions: spagooti
I give it "Brian" in SMT IV, and for Devil Survivor Series, "Brian N".. It feels like getting called as "N" as in Deathnote :p

Reactions: 532
I'm not very creative when it comes to names :oops:

I named the protagonist is Shin Megami Tensei IV "Bo". I started my file before I started using Nanamine, otherwise I'd have used it. >.>

I've given my real-life name to all the male characters - in Persona, DemiKids, etc.

When I played Persona 3 Portable with the chick, I absolutely couldn't decide. Using my real name would be embarrassing. 'Spinnerweb' didn't fit right either, actually I didn't want it to, because 'Spinnerweb' goes with really cute characters, not the ugly hag that the female character in Persona 3 Portable was. Yukari why you no playable :cry:

I ended up naming her 'Baddie.' :panda:

Reactions: nicklesimba
My character is named Chaos.

I've only ever played p3p, so... Kane for the first file (I just finished playing FE:A and used that as a stock fantasy name for my avatar), subsequent playthroughs I used Fang, and as a girl I used Hana, just because. :p

Reactions: 18
In SMT 4, I kept the default name Flynn. In Devil Survivor 2, I called him Hibiki, as that was his anime name. In Strange Journey, I called him Jonathan, because I really liked the character from SMT4.

In Shin Megami Tensei IV, I named my character Rising. A fitting name for a samurai (I just cut off the link part...).

In both persona 3 and 4 - Cow Zapper. There's something oddly humorous in being called Cow kun

I always name my protagonist 'Gary Stu' which is kinda self-explanatory. If I'm playing Devil Summoner, I name the character 'Tetsu Naoe' becaue I like the name Tetsu and the surname is because I used to play Samurai Warriors and I never knew how to pronounce Kanetsugu's name properly until relatively recently :/

In shin megami tensei iv i named him tay

Always named my character Nijjy Kurotsuki (my pen name and my OC surname)
Not only in Persona/SMT but all the games regardless of the gender of the protagonist.
I should change sometimes...

Persona Q:
P3 Hero: Arco Arrow.
P4 Hero: Shiro Shine.

(...that was meant to use two langueges to make something.)

(P3 Hero: Bow and Arrow.)
(P4 Hero: Shining White.)

Call me lame but I always go with canon names. It's like not naming Link Link in a Zelda title. In something that gives me no instruction like Monster Hunter, I just choose my own name (here is where the blame falls onto me).

used my persona name in all persona games and for persona q i did yu naruka for the persona 3 path p4 main char and tohru Adachi for the persona 3 main char for the persona 4 path

I named my guy in SMT IV Toxic, and in Strange Journey I named my guy Toxic McWolf

In Persona Q I've tried to keep the "original" names, so I named the P3 MC Minato Sato and the P4 MC Yuu Kami

In Persona Q I've tried to keep the "original" names, so I named the P3 MC Minato Sato and the P4 MC Yuu Kami
NO WAY!!!! about a year ago, i started playing P3P again, and i tried to name MC to original name, but i didn't remembered at all, Kupo, i hadn't interney that week, so i named him Minato Sato, what are the chances, haha!

Reactions: Barmont
Back