Protagonist's Name

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
HAHA! Great minds have similar thought! :D

I've given my real-life name to all the male characters - in Persona, DemiKids, etc.

When I played Persona 3 Portable with the chick, I absolutely couldn't decide. Using my real name would be embarrassing. 'Spinnerweb' didn't fit right either, actually I didn't want it to, because 'Spinnerweb' goes with really cute characters, not the ugly hag that the female character in Persona 3 Portable was. Yukari why you no playable :cry:

I ended up naming her 'Baddie.' :panda:
She isn't ugly. Fite me. (Now I will agree she is not as fabulous as Minato.)

She isn't ugly. Fite me. (Now I will agree she is not as fabulous as Minato.)
Minato is pretty ugly too, really.

I guess you grow to care for the characters as you spend time with them, like in real life. Persona 3 is special, after all.

now i'm curious, i never really see how Minato Arisato actually is, i saw a bit of Makoto Yuki in a theater, and i ran off the room before 1/4 of the movie, Kupo, and they said: "you may get your money back if you like" and i said "NO THANKS, that movies was so horrible that i don't want to even see the money i used to buy a ticket for it", but howa 'bout the manga? does they worth it, Kupo? should i buy some? (note that i'm like Yukiko Amagi, i Loooove laughing)

Minato is pretty ugly too, really.
*Dislikes post*
Kidding, but what do you think about Yu then? :p

*Dislikes post*
Kidding, but what do you think about Yu then? :p
Ugly ugly uuuuugly. You have to grow with the characters to love them in this.

Ugly ugly uuuuugly. You have to grow with the characters to love them in this.
Alright we're on the same page on this at least. XD

I named my character in P4 Weanie

In PQ I name him Pete

I named my character in P4 Weanie

In PQ I name him Pete
DISGUUUUUUUUUUUUST >~<)/

I always name my MC Akemi (Nakajima if last name is required) just as the protagonist of Megami Tensei, the game - based on a novel called Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei - which started this fantastic franchise.
This for the main saga and any other spin-off except for Persona 2 and Shin Megami Tensei wherein I kept the original names.
I use Akemi aslo for other games, really like it.

In Persona Q I've tried to keep the "original" names, so I named the P3 MC Minato Sato and the P4 MC Yuu Kami

never understood why you couldnt do the default names for them with out butchering them a little

I always try to keep their original names, but that wasn't easy for Persona Q since Persona's 3 protagonist doesn't have a name .-.

I recently learnt that he has three names though:
  • Minato Arisato (Manga)
  • Makoto Yuki (Movie)
  • Sakuya Shiomi (Play)
But considering that Yu Narukami (Persona's 4) also have another name in the manga (Souji Seta), I may go for the Makoto variation once I start the game from zero :p

I call mine Major because it's a handle and a nickname I have been using online for a while now so most of the friends that I have made that have known me for a long time know me by that nickname. I very rarely give the character my own name and if it was a girl it would be Major or Sayuri but so far there haven't been any female ones yet useless you count persona 2.

Back