Mario Kart Rainbow Road - Mario Kart

• Thread starter Matthew
  • Start date
It lies forever, in our souls. The rainbow road, of death.

Rainbow road in the DS game was torture! but rainbow road on the 3DS games was kind of easy I guess.The first time I drove on rainbow road was very hard but then it got easier the more I played it.I used to get 8th place but now I get 1st or 2nd.So Rainbow road on the 3DS wasn't that bad.

I love Rainbow Road! It's one of my favorite courses in mario kart besides a few others, SNES Rainbow Road from MK8 is amazing, I love how everything is so, HD and not sure how to describe it but it looks really nice, I also love the way N64 Rainbow Road looks, I just wish it was more than 1 lap (they should make that DLC too, Changing Laps like from Double Dash) and hm, well the Rainbow Road from MK8 Special Cup is cool too but it does feel different than most others..

Reactions: Kalomaze
Rainbow Road is one of my most favorite of all tracks in any Mario Kart game :D It's always more exciting than the rest of tracks and I really love the one in Mario Kart 7. At first it was pretty hard controlling and I had a plenty lot of trouble managing not to drop but I've mastered it xD The MKDS was easy :rolleyes:

Always be very careful not to spam a lot of the Queen Mushroom x3

Reactions: PorygonZ7727
Rainbow Road can be a fun stage. I did hear that the N64 version was stretched just to be long and ended up being very bland. But the Wii and 3DS versions were good variants. I didn't really like the DS version though. In fact, I don't like Mario Kart DS that much at all.

i love SNES rainbow road, but is not as fun to play as it once was, i'm at the point where every time i race on SNES rainbow road i get a lap ahead of every other racer.
MK7 rainbow road, that's another story, i always get ahead of everyone but i end up getting mario karted in the moon and generally manage to come back

mariokart 8's rainbow road was my least favorite rainbow road because to me it doesn't really feel like one.
mariokart ds and 7's mariokart were my favorites because mariokart ds' rainbow road is nostalgic being my first rainbow road
and mariokart 7 because it just plain awesome driving on the rings of saturn and the moon:)

It lies forever, in our souls. The rainbow road, of death.
rainbow road is love, rainbow road is LIFE

Rainbow Road scared me as a kid. It drags you in with it's colorful appearance and then beats you so many times that it hurts to play. The Wii version of Rainbow Road is a bit hard to do with the Mach Bike if you didn't get enough momentum going before drifting. The DS version was great as well. But the N64 one, dang...

the gba rainbow road is in the top three hardest i mean there are virtually no guard rails except the ones at the start/finish and the things that look like guard rails are actually jump pads, and with the turning mechanics it's really easy to run into those jump pads and fall. Not to mention you have to get 4th place or higher to advance and with the difficulty i'ts very hard. Then there is the incredible difficult shortcut to master, not only is getting to it hard but 1. it's a straight line short cut with nothing but jump pads on both sides and 2. if you do manage to get past the shortcut, recovering from it is extremely difficult. I know you can cheese the coarse with some mushrooms and well timed jumps but for rookies it is just hard.

Rainbow Road is my favorite Mario Kart stage of all time. The one for 64 being my favorite. The snes version being difficult for me . The Mario kart 8 n64 remake looks pretty easy but it does still have that 64 look

A piece of advice to anyone that has trouble with the Rainbow Road stages! Practice your drifting skills and then you won't have any problems at all! I can play any Rainbow Road in any of the games without falling off even once! Just try over and over until you improve! Practice makes perfect! It took me just about 1 hour in each one to get familiar with the turns and landscape. Who knows, perhaps you can get better in even less time than that!

Rainbow Road never bothered me unless A; someone used a Lightening item while I'm flying, which you'll do a lot in this course, or B; someone red shells me off the stage. But I really like Rainbow Road, and I don't find it hard to control MOST of the time. Most of the turns can be easily drifted with enough practice, and it's s pretty enjoyable stage.

Ha! Rainbow Road..
When I got my first Mario Kart game for the N64, Rainbow Road was my favourite track... but it was my 'this is a real challenge so it means a lot to me' favourite type. I was never very good at it.

I think?? there's two versions of rainbow road in MK7 (it's been a while since I played, woops) and I actually have an easier time with the 'new' version of rainbow road than the 'old cup' version. It's still my favourite 'hard' stage, unlike Bowser's Castle which I just am terrible at. The worst thing is, of course, doing just wonderfully and then suddenly being shoved off the track by someone with shells around their kart.

Rainbow road is a stage I don't really like in multiplayer battles, however it has been my favourite stage in every Mario Kart game so far when playing single player. I really love the track layout in all of the games and I especially love the music which is there in each track. The remix in Super Smash Bros. Is really awesome too!

Reactions: PorygonZ7727
I don't like it because it's hard to do with it a fast run.

Well I've only played the SNES rainbow road and 3ds rainbow road, I'm trying to master rainbow road with shortcuts and stuff so then I can beat the world record for fastest time, No luck so far though! And rainbow road SNES for me is just a pain to get the turns and the bananas be everywhere on that stage ._.

I frequently do lan parties with my friends at school during lunch period with our 3DS's, saying that.. its always fun to play rainbow road in a lan party because you always hear sighs when its picked, and when you come in first every one says G.G to you... Its a great feeling that brings me and friends closer together as gamers. I LOVE rainbow road

To be honest Mario kart DS has an easy rainbow road that I can play in my sleep. I haven't retired any other one except for Mario kart 7 which my friend let me play. I would like them to continue making the level harder and funner so that people like me who likes a challenge would really enjoy the level.

Rainbow Road is characterized by hairpin corners, splits in the narrow track and the absence of crash barriers. This makes this course hard for all characters, although powersliding skills are of a great help on this track. There are invulnerable flashing Thwomps throughout the stage, causing spinouts on contact. The roads often have limited railing, making the course extremely hard. They are sometimes the longest in the their game. I'm talking about Super Mario Kart to be precise.

Back