Ranking of Pokemon

• Thread starter Marajan
  • Start date
Marajan

Marajan

All your base are belong to us
Banned User
Well this is my opinion of how they're ranked:

1. Gen III- It was the best gen of all. I really loved playing this game when I first got it. With the contests and Mudkip, I had a blast.

2. Gen VI- The main reason why it's number 2 is because I loved that they got rid of the sprites and went to 3D models. After 17 years of them, I was glad that they changed it. In general, the game was beautiful. If they had added more post-game content I would've made it number one. And the lack of poke transferring also knocked it down.

3. Gen II- It had 2 regions. The best post-game content Gamefreak ever came up with. I wish they would do it again. It just made the game so much more enjoyable. And it also introduced Suicune. It had been my favorite legendary at the time. xD I was obsessed with it. And Celebi. My absolute favorite pokemon of all time. It's so cute and adorable.

4. Gen IV- It was fun. I didn't have any issues with this gen. Diamond was my first game that I got for my DS lite. And for that reason I have a lot of love for this gen. :p Especially since Dialga and Infernape came out with it. The Distortion World really was an issue for me though. xD I kept getting lost so it made me not like it as much (for Platinum)

5. Gen V- uh....nott much to say. I didn't like it.

6. Gen I- I didn't really play it. So I can't really say much about it.

So how about you guys?

Gen III- People like a lot this region because its the most tropical with islands and water,its not the best gen but it did have a amazing story and some interesting pokemon, it only needs more content im sure it will have in the remakes.

Gen II Had TWO Regions? Oh yeah, I liked Gen IV. My favorite though was Generation V I loved the storyline and how the changed the gameplay and introduced more things. Pokemon 4 Eva!

i loved gen II it was amazing
one of the first pokemon i played

I think Gen V should be higher on the list. People didn't like it for some reason perhaps but the story was good and the theme behind it with the truth and ideals was really awesome

I think Gen V should be higher on the list. People didn't like it for some reason perhaps but the story was good and the theme behind it with the truth and ideals was really awesome

You know, that was only my opinion. you guys can make your own version of it o.o

You know, that was only my opinion. you guys can make your own version of it o.o
yeah, I know, I was just stating my opinion :p But honestly I think in a lot of ways each of the gens are equally as good as one another. I don't particularly care for Gen wars

yeah, I know, I was just stating my opinion :p But honestly I think in a lot of ways each of the gens are equally as good as one another. I don't particularly care for Gen wars

Honestly its more of what I thought of them :p The numbers were originally there for me to make sure I had them all o-o

Honestly its more of what I thought of them :p The numbers were originally there for me to make sure I had them all o-o
oh ok, sorry haha. It looked like a ranking (as the name implied). Also, a bit random but I think you made a typo on the Gen V one for #5. Probably isn't that important but yeah :p

Well I have to say Gen III should be the best in my opinion , the pokemon are much more cooler than the Gen I so Gen I would be 2nd IMO Gen II would be 3rd IMO

Well I have to say Gen III should be the best in my opinion , the pokemon are much more cooler than the Gen I so Gen I would be 2nd IMO Gen II would be 3rd IMO
what was it about the pokemon in Gen III that you found more cooler about those in Gen I? Also, any reason for Gen II being lower on the list? And when you say pokemon, do you mean as in the creatures or the pokemon games?

gen III was the best.

1. Generation IV - This was my first generation of Pokémon games I really played, so it will always be my favorite! Plus the inclusion of Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver only made it better.

2. Generation III - I'm not going to lie, I've NEVER played all the way through Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald. The only reason it's so high on my list is because it has my favorite Pokémon designs. :headphone:

3. Generation VI - Pokémon X and Y COMPLETELY changed the series, and it really brought me back to what I love about Pokémon; The breeding!

4. Generation V - I really don't understand why people seem so against Pokémon Black and White. Game Freak was bold to completely set Unova away from the other regions, and I really liked that.

5. Generation I - I didn't really play Pokémon Red or Blue growing up, but when I got Pokémon Yellow I LOVED it. It made the series what it is today, despite the formula being changed in Generation VI.

6. Generation II - I didn't play Pokémon Gold, Silver, or Crystal, so I guess I don't really have much to say about them. :p

Gen II Had TWO Regions?

There are only two regions in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, not the original games.

There are only two regions in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, not the original games.
That's not true. In Gen II you can also go into the Kanto region. It was there in the original game, not as an expansion for HeartGold and SoulSilver. yeah...

That's not true. In Gen II you can also go into the Kanto region. It was there in the original game, not as an expansion for HeartGold and SoulSilver. yeah...

Oh. I guess someone lied to me, then. :p

Oh. I guess someone lied to me, then. :p
Yeah, probably :p I mean, if it wasn't this way then there's no way you could have faced Red in the original Gen II games haha (given you need to beat Kanto gym leaders first)

first of all I like all the regions and generations of pokémon equally and I still didn't play any of gen 6 so I will make my favorite by showing thier minor flaws :

5. Gen 2 : don't get me wrong here this gen holds half of my favorite pokémon I just hate how the level up is slow in it I mean I had a hard time leveling up my pokémonss to level 30 ! and I always catch more than 6 pokémon in my main gameplays, even the pokéwalker does not help !

4. Gen 4 : there was a problem with the pokémon type dispersion in the games ( pearl and diamond, platinum was fine ) I mean if you don't choose the fire starter your only choice of catching a fire type is ponyta and I don't find it a good pokémon ! but as I said platinum corrected this problem.

3. Gen 1 : I didn't play the original games so I will not talk about how psychic is overpowered and bug non existant, I played the remake and I loved this generation even though I find that there are too many poison type pokémon !

2. Gen 5 : I can't argue that some pokémon in this gen look awful but there are many great pokémon either, I liked how they presented just the new pokémon in black and white to form that feeling of discovery we first felt in our first games and for me they succeded ! also black 2 and white 2 were complete as pokémon games even X and Y don't have the many little things that makes this gen awsome !

1. Gen 3 : maybe it's beacuse my first pokémon game is in this gen and for that feeling of discovery I told earlier that this gen is still my favorite, it holds too many memories and also it was a good gen, good level up, perfect pokémon dispersion, balanced pokémon types, great pokémon designs, good story and beautiful region the only things that can be flaws are the minor apperance of the rival and too much surfing !

GEN 3!!!!! Secret bases, and the music!!!! Verdanturf Town!! The characters are memorable like Wally and Steven and the introduction to the best battle frontier to date. The exploration in that game is the best. Like half of the region is water and the map and routes aren't so linear (like gen 5 which is why I am not fond of gen 5) Gen 3 was the only Pokemon game I got stuck on because I didn't know what to do. Or where to get HM Flash. I like getting stumped, newer games basically control what you do with check points and objectives.

GEN 3!!!!! Secret bases, and the music!!!! Verdanturf Town!! The characters are memorable like Wally and Steven and the introduction to the best battle frontier to date. The exploration in that game is the best. Like half of the region is water and the map and routes aren't so linear (like gen 5 which is why I am not fond of gen 5) Gen 3 was the only Pokemon game I got stuck on because I didn't know what to do. Or where to get HM Flash. I like getting stumped, newer games basically control what you do with check points and objectives.
although to be fair, some of the newer games were like that for new people just joining into the series. I don't mind that at all too much, but I agree with you in that Gen 3 is a really awesome gen

I will correct you: I own the GameBoy Version of Silver, and you can access both Kanto and Johto. Even though Kanto is accessible upon having defeated the Elite 4.

EDIT: Next time, I'll look the lasts posts before posting. (Naagza corrected the wrong affirmation in the quote.)

Now, here's my Ranking :

1 -> Gen 2. The generation that made me dive into Pokemon. Still own the Silver cartridge, that I played when I was 4.:)
2 -> Gen 1. Who never played a Pokemon that didn't take place in Kanto with the Gen I ? For me, it was LeafGreen, Red, Blue and Yellow. ;)
3 -> Gen 4. I also spent many hours on Diamond and Pearl. Have both games, and was lucky enough to get Shaymin through Mystery Gift. :p
4 -> Gen 5. The 5th Generation, I played it, all with Black 1 & 2. Lost the cartridges, but will sure get another one, to transfer my beloved Pokemons from Diamond -> X.

Gens that I haven't played :

Gen 3. I haven't played that much this gen. I found one day a Pokemon Ruby Cartridge, but played it 2-3 hours.
Enjoyed it through XD, though.

Gen 6. Looks awesome, waiting Christmas to test it ! :D

Reactions: blue4848
Back