Ranking of Pokemon

• Thread starter Marajan
  • Start date
I will correct you: I own the GameBoy Version of Silver, and you can access both Kanto and Johto. Even though Kanto is accessible upon having defeated the Elite 4.

EDIT: Next time, I'll look the lasts posts before posting. (Naagza corrected the wrong affirmation in the quote.)

Now, here's my Ranking :

1 -> Gen 2. The generation that made me dive into Pokemon. Still own the Silver cartridge, that I played when I was 4.:)
2 -> Gen 1. Who never played a Pokemon that didn't take place in Kanto with the Gen I ? For me, it was LeafGreen, Red, Blue and Yellow. ;)
3 -> Gen 4. I also spent many hours on Diamond and Pearl. Have both games, and was lucky enough to get Shaymin through Mystery Gift. :p
4 -> Gen 5. The 5th Generation, I played it, all with Black 1 & 2. Lost the cartridges, but will sure get another one, to transfer my beloved Pokemons from Diamond -> X.

Gens that I haven't played :

Gen 3. I haven't played that much this gen. I found one day a Pokemon Ruby Cartridge, but played it 2-3 hours.
Enjoyed it through XD, though.

Gen 6. Looks awesome, waiting Christmas to test it ! :D
Yeah, for some reason the forum works that way I guess. Also, you're missing out with the little amount of Gen 3 you played :p You should try Emerald sometime haha

Yeah, for some reason the forum works that way I guess. Also, you're missing out with the little amount of Gen 3 you played :p You should try Emerald sometime haha

Sure I'll do. But by "missed", I mean that I didn't played the main game(s) of the gen.

Sure I'll do. But by "missed", I mean that I didn't played the main game(s) of the gen.
haha I see. So you mean like Hoenn rather than the Kanto remakes or as in Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald does not really count? All the same, Hoenn was a legit region

It's just that I didn't played much the R/S/E Gen, since I was on XD. Perhaps I could replay the game from the beginning today ?

It's just that I didn't played much the R/S/E Gen, since I was on XD. Perhaps I could replay the game from the beginning today ?
oh ok, so it was just the side game of the series you actually got into? Yeah, perhaps you could while you're waiting on that (and hey, it could mean more pokemon you could add to your transfer shop!)

oh ok, so it was just the side game of the series you actually got into? Yeah, perhaps you could while you're waiting on that (and hey, it could mean more pokemon you could add to your transfer shop!)

Yes, some pokemons in my shop also comes from XD. But I don't dare telling you how long it is to transfer from XD.
If you want, here's the looooong way :

XD -> LeafGreen -> Diamond -> Black 2 -(Coming Soon)> PokeBank -> X/Y.

Gen 3 because it introduced so many new things to the franchise.

Gen 5 because it had a great storyline and brought a lot of innovations to the game.

Yes, some pokemons in my shop also comes from XD. But I don't dare telling you how long it is to transfer from XD.
If you want, here's the looooong way :

XD -> LeafGreen -> Diamond -> Black 2 -(Coming Soon)> PokeBank -> X/Y.
gg Well hey, given that you have XD to transfer if you wanted you could easily form a "monopoly" of sorts given that you may be one of the only people able to transfer those special pokemon.

And yeah I agree with @dilawer Gen V was legit with all the stuff they added. As for Gen 3, I like how they added a lot yet imo it was the last gen that felt like it could blend with the previous gens (if you get what I mean)

1. Gen 6 - it's because the games have all of the Pokemon from the previous titles and new features such as the PSS. Back in the D/P/Pl era, adding friend codes just to battle was a pain. Playing a 6v6 match with a stranger is great although most of 'em use legendary Pokemon and they suck (even with the legendary Pokemon).

2. Gen 3 (Emerald mostly) - The Battle Frontier really made Pokemon Emerald shine and that's why I love it. As for the other games from gen 3, I'll place them below gen 4 (D/P/Pl).

3. Gen 4 - I really enjoyed Pokemon Diamond. It has a great trade system (one that I wish Game Freak implemented into Pokemon X/Y) and snow made me love it even more. This game is the reason why I play competitively over Wi-Fi. The gym leaders and elite 4 also weren't bad.

I've never completed the really old games so I'm not commenting on those, : P

1. Gen 6 - it's because the games have all of the Pokemon from the previous titles and new features such as the PSS. Back in the D/P/Pl era, adding friend codes just to battle was a pain. Playing a 6v6 match with a stranger is great although most of 'em use legendary Pokemon and they suck (even with the legendary Pokemon).

2. Gen 3 (Emerald mostly) - The Battle Frontier really made Pokemon Emerald shine and that's why I love it. As for the other games from gen 3, I'll place them below gen 4 (D/P/Pl).

3. Gen 4 - I really enjoyed Pokemon Diamond. It has a great trade system (one that I wish Game Freak implemented into Pokemon X/Y) and snow made me love it even more. This game is the reason why I play competitively over Wi-Fi. The gym leaders and elite 4 also weren't bad.

I've never completed the really old games so I'm not commenting on those, : P
About Gen 4: Wait, what trading system was implemented in Pokemon Diamond? Didn't it just introduce the GTS (which future games like X/Y also have)? But I agree on the competitive battling: Wi-Fi really revolutionized the game series for competitive players

This is mostly just based on my opinions of the actual pokemon but...
Gen I: loved all three starters and most of the pokemon, started with leaf green on gb sp so Kanto is my home region
Gen II/IV: both solid starters and others...love tyranitar and electivire
Gen VI: Like almost all of the non-fairy types...especially greninja, talonflame, shiny tyrantrum! (need one)
Gen V/III: didn't realize how many people like gen III, i hate it outside of the legendaries/metagross/salamence. and gen V seems like a real valley between IV and VI

My list is slightly different, it would go more like this:
Gen II/III- One had great postgame content and the other had a very unique region with awesome legendaries
Gen IV/Gen VI- Both were solid games that define what Pokemon is all about
Gen I- Nice entry point for the series, set the stage for some of the best games ever made
Gen IV- Was okay, didn't really like the region or atmosphere in this one though

Gen 6 Could have used More Pokemon and Post-game content but apart from that, IT WAS AWESOME.
Gen 4 Great generation in my opinion. Gen 6 is above this because of better graphics
Gen 3 NEVER PLAYED
Gen 2 NEVER PLAYED
Gen 1 NEVER PLAYED
Gen 5 Not the best game. Didn't add many strong Pokemon, Not a good storyline...

Back