Reggie says that fan desires "doesn't affect what we do"

• Thread starter Reece
  • Start date
Nintendo of America president has told Siliconera that despite legions of dedicated Nintendo fans signing petitions for certain games, it ultimately doesn’t affect what the company does. Reggie points out the fact that a vast number of signatures on a petition don’t necessarily equate to large numbers of software sales.

“I have to tell you — it doesn’t affect what we do. We certainly look at it, and we’re certainly aware of it, but it doesn’t necessarily affect what we do.”

Fils-Aime went on to say that while he’s “aware of what’s happening,” he is ultimately “paid to make sure that we’re driving the business forward.”

“The thing we know [about petitions] is that 100,000 signatures doesn’t mean 100,000 sales,” he said.

Not cool Mr. Fils-Amie! I guess he is responding to (maybe) this petition that wants to localize "Digimon World Re: Digitize Decode" for 3DS, it has already gotten 22,203 supporters so far, I know this isn't much of news since we realized Nintendo has built that kind of relationship with it's fanbases' desires. What petition do you think Reggie Fils Amie was referring to, and if you are interested in the Digimon World Re: Digitize Decode, you can sign up.
I'd like to say Yay !!! Nintendo has finally show their True Colours and are just doing this for the money and all , well I guess bad games = bad sales lol

I think we should keep signing petitions never lose hope.

you guys are missing the point
i heard that and i think that they shouls listen us because we are the constumer that play their games
They do listen to the consumer, they just don't listen to the petitions so much. There's a difference.
I'd like to say Yay !!! Nintendo has finally show their True Colours and are just doing this for the money and all , well I guess bad games = bad sales lol
That's the point of any business. However, Nintendo has been among the more consumer-friendly of the Big 3.

you guys are missing the point

They do listen to the consumer, they just don't listen to the petitions so much. There's a difference.

That's the point of any business. However, Nintendo has been among the more consumer-friendly of the Big 3.
Yes, I understand that some of them are missing the point, but don't bite their heads off, it's just their opinions. I would say that Sony is more consumer friendly, I understand they need to be a firm, stabilize business, and they surely can't please everyone needs, but I don't think they try hard enough.

Yes, I understand that some of them are missing the point, but don't bite their heads off, it's just their opinions. I would say that Sony is more consumer friendly, I understand they need to be a firm, stabilize business, and they surely can't please everyone needs, but I don't think they try hard enough.
Yes, Sony is arguably more consumer friendly and it was evident with the E3 reveal of the PS4 where they said it supported used games. It's Microsoft that's the least consumer friendly of the 3

Reactions: Reece
I want everyone to watch this video, it will shed some light to why I made this thread:

It's really interesting and I want you all to try and finish it to the very last minute. It addresses everything we have discussed in this thread!​

Last edited by a moderator:
Back