Closed Rich Gamerton's 3DS BOX ART COVER CONTEST!

• Thread starter RichGamerton
  • Start date
Can we use many images we find on the internet to create the one image of the box art or does the entire box half to be drawn by you?

If that's what you would like to do, go ahead. Although, make sure you DON'T use something that is not made by an official source ( If a random internet user made it, it's not allowed.) However, Clipart of Mario or Link, for example, is fair game.

So for example this is ok:

char-dobble-mario.png

But this is not ok right?:

PaintMario.png

@Antrix Right. If it comes directly from something that main company supports, it's okay. If it comes from somewhere like Deviant Art then it's forbidden. For Example....

Picture of Marth shown during a Nintendo Direct=CORRECT!:D

Picture of Marth kissing Ike found on Google Images=INCORRECT:mad:

If anyone is still worried about the picture they will use. Feel free to PM the image and I will approve of it if it fits criteria.

Reactions: blinboy
Can we make it hand drawn?

@Mehedi123 Of course! Any medium is accepted. In fact, read the first post again :)

Attention all participants! I have made an example of a hand drawn submission. If you look with a keen eye, you will notice that the Nintendo 3DS logo is on the wrong side. I did that to show that this is NOT an accepted submission. Don't make the same mistake. Good luck!

Attachments

• IMG_20150202_234545.jpg
    IMG_20150202_234545.jpg
    583 KB · Views: 27
Last edited by a moderator:
can i like, print out the template then draw on it?

This is my attempt :rotfl:

XV6LfYN.jpg

Yeah it's a failure good luck to everyone else. (It's best if you look at it when it is small or if you back up since all the renders got shrunk down because of the size of the template)

Reactions: RichGamerton and Mikaya
Okay, I give up. If a simple mistake like the side of the eShop icon can render your entry worthless I have no reason to compete. Good luck to all.

Reactions: Mikaya
Okay, I give up. If a simple mistake like the side of the eShop icon can render your entry worthless I have no reason to compete. Good luck to all.

Aww don't give up! You can do it.

ok @RichGamerton i will join but if i win i would like my prize to be a pokemon Alpha Sapphire download code so i can get he full game is that ok?

ok @RichGamerton i will join but if i win i would like my prize to be a pokemon Alpha Sapphire download code so i can get he full game is that ok?

Sorry dude but 50 pc is no where close to equal of a $40.00 retail game

upload_2015-2-5_13-10-8.png

This is my drawing that i did and i did it baseed on AS and i did it the best i can so how it look?

Reactions: RichGamerton
I will enter!

My Entry:
3ds_box_art_template_by_omegaaaronyt-d6inshw_zpsydwfdyoi.png

What an awesome crossover this would be!

Also, just to clarify, the background isn't something off of DeviantArt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: blinboy, 532, RichGamerton and 1 other person
@Mehedi123 Could you PM me the template you plan to use? It would help me make my decision.

@Antrix what are you talking about? That's really good and it meets criteria. I'd say it has a good chance at winning.

@PersonSP Oh come on. Don't be like that. I only said the whole part that has the 3DS Logo. If you forget the little "n" in the orange square, I won't penalize you. This may seem harsh, but you will see why it's important in the future. Besides, I really want to see what you can do!

@ultimategaurdian Well, we'll see, honeybun. I have been known to do crazy, last minute things like this. If you win the contest, you may just get that Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Code. But I can't make any promises;) Also, your entry is aces! Remember, this contest isn't based off skill, It's based on effort. If you put your heart and soul into it, then you're okay!

@Shiku ZG Nice! That's really cool! Subtle but awesome! One question though: Could you send me the Background? I just want to see it without the effects.

Last edited:
Reactions: blinboy
@Mehedi123 Could you PM me the template you plan to use? It would help me make my decision.

@Antrix what are you talking about? That's really good and it meets criteria. I'd say it has a good chance at winning.

@PersonSP Oh come on. Don't be like that. I only said the whole part that has the 3DS Logo. If you forget the little "n" in the orange square, I won't penalize you. This may seem harsh, but you will see why it's important in the future. Besides, I really want to see what you can do!

@ultimategaurdian Well, we'll see, honeybun. I have been known to do crazy, last minute things like this. If you win the contest, you may just get that Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Code. But I can't make any promises;) Also, your entry is aces! Remember, this contest isn't based off skill, It's based on effort. If you put your heat and soul into it, then you're okay!

@Shiku ZG Nice! That's really cool! Subtle but awesome! One question though: Could you send me the Background? I just want to see it without the effects.
so that means i don't have to beat HS just put in effort and time to the game regaurdless of my score cause i think iv'e died 3 or 4 times sofar.

Here's the background picture:
33298.jpg

U0WwqZ8.png

I did a cover of Animal Crossing New Leaf. These are all human versions of the characters on the cover c: .
I do not own any of the characters made by nintendo.

Reactions: RichGamerton, Mikaya and Antrix
Back