Saddest Anime You've Watched.

• Thread starter OkibiShinkou
  • Start date
OkibiShinkou

OkibiShinkou

Im Weeaboo Trash. Just call me Sharvi.
Towns Folk
I don't know if anybody agrees with me but the saddest anime that I had watched was Clannad After Story.
Why does Nagisa and Ushio have to die...:cry: At least they came back to life. :3

How about you guys?

Reactions: TheToxicKing and Knight Rain
Clannad After Story, Air TV, almost anything from Key TBH. Angel Beats is quite sad too.

I really dont like tear jerkers, feels weird when a grown man cries, but what is it about these sad stories, and sad characters lol.
One Piece is also a sad Anime sometimes. When they show a back story for a character. It's usually sad, and horrible, and the worst part is, all these bad things happen hen the characters are like 8-10 years old, which really makes you feel for them.

Naruto can be very heart wrenching at times, but only when certain characters die. Some of the back stories about the characters made me really sad.

Like naruto being all alone, and Gaara also always being so alone. Or Sasukes entire clan being killed.

Vampire Knight (I haven't completed a lot of animes yet, sadly).
Zero's unfulfilled love and his wistful longing for Yuuki and his pain over her becoming a vampire was heart-rending. I want to finish the manga now so I can find out how it ended :cry:

Angel beats was kind of depressing but I quite enjoyed it. Attack on Titan was surprisingly sad, and that actually worked really. I'm not much of a tear-jerker fan though, so I don't actually have much experience here.

BTW, love the sig @Spinnerweb

Reactions: 18
I guess... Angel Beats? I haven't seen many anime yet, especially not many sad ones. :)

Some of the most depressing anime I've seen would have to be:

Now and Then, Here and There
Clannad After Story
Grave of the Fireflies
Bokurano: Ours
Ano Hana

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

You can guess what it's about ;_;

Grave of the Fireflies:
Don't watch this movie, unless you want to get slightly depressed the days after :bag: If you do decide to watch it, just watch Totoro immediately after it. they were actually released on the same bill :cat:
Clannad: Didn't know my eyes could carry so many teardrops :cry: (+After Story)
Angel Beats: Them FEELS :cry:
Elfen Lied: Yup, Elfen Lied, especially when young Lucy got bullied :(
Colorful: Not really sad sad, but pretty emotional :unsure:
Hotarubi no Mori e: Only 45 minutes, watched it two times in one week and had to cry both times, but it isn't even that sad according to other people :eek:
Death Note:
Episode 25 :cry::cry::cry:

Sword Art Online.... First Season was so emotional dem feels kept getting to me! D: It was so sad I kep on crying xD when Asuna dies but she was alive xD

Sword Art Online.... First Season was so emotional dem feels kept getting to me! D: It was so sad I kep on crying xD when Asuna dies but she was alive xD
You might wanna put that in spoiler for people who haven't watched the Anime before. lol.

sorry :bag: :sorry:

Grave of the Fireflies:
Don't watch this movie, unless you want to get slightly depressed the days after :bag: If you do decide to watch it, just watch Totoro immediately after it. they were actually released on the same bill :cat:
Clannad: Didn't know my eyes could carry so many teardrops :cry: (+After Story)
Angel Beats: Them FEELS :cry:
Elfen Lied: Yup, Elfen Lied, especially when young Lucy got bullied :(
Colorful: Not really sad sad, but pretty emotional :unsure:
Hotarubi no Mori e: Only 45 minutes, watched it two times in one week and had to cry both times, but it isn't even that sad according to other people :eek:
Death Note:
Episode 25 :cry::cry::cry:

Oh my gosh I know! :cry::cry: I heard it was sad but I didn't think it was going to be that sad! I was bawling. Oh my gosh. I had to go watch some happy movies like The Cat Returns after! :cry::cry:

For me, Attack on Titan was pretty sad, especially the part where
Eren's mother gets killed

Oh my gosh I know! :cry::cry: I heard it was sad but I didn't think it was going to be that sad! I was bawling. Oh my gosh. I had to go watch some happy movies like The Cat Returns after! :cry::cry:
I know the feels :sorry: you know from the start what's going to happen, but my eyes were still floating in a pool of tears afterwards :cry: And then this starts to play and my eyes drown completely:
I got to admit that I cry pretty often in movies/series, but if you can watch this movie without shedding a single tear, you're probably not even human :cry:

I heard Clannard and Air were very sad.
I haven't watch both of them yet.
So I think the saddest one is Toradora the last few episodes!

Attack On Titan was very sad as well, so many people that were around in the first few episodes all died :(

Watamote was also sad in a funny way XD

I will gladly (and sadly) agree with Grave of the fireflies. For me, it especially sad the first time I watched it, though that's probably because I was only five when I watched it.

I think it would have been way more impactful if Nagisa and Ushio stayed dead. What was the point of them dieing just to make you cry then just bring them back to life
The saddest anime for me was clannad after story

I haven't seen too too much anime, but, I would say Madoka Magica
I'm dead bye

I found Rozen Maiden to be really sad, really. How they just all wanted to please...

Edit:

Forgot about 2 sad ones too, Berserk and Seirei no Moribito.

Last edited:
Back