Saddest Anime You've Watched.

• Thread starter OkibiShinkou
  • Start date
Wolf's Rain. Every episode left me feeling depressed and sad.

Mirai nicki or Guilty crown as make me almost cry cause of the end :cry:

Angel Beats. I feel so lame for saying this but that anime made me cry the most lol. It really got to me.
After Story was incredibly depressing at some parts but you know...the spoiler...that kind of ruined the effect for me. It's really unrealistic because of that but nonetheless, it made me quite emotional.
There are so many anime out there that I have yet to watch, but out of the maybe 70 I've seen, these 2 have stuck to me the most in terms of sad anime.
Oh, and Grave of the fireflies didn't make me cry but it kind of left me shocked/depressed for a few days which was weird. Like, if it were an anime series I would of def had cried but since it was a rather short movie I couldn't find a connection to the individual characters as opposed to watching an actual series and getting to see the character develop over the course of more than one hour and such. Even if it's not a series, the message and overall story of the anime movie was really powerful.

Code Geass is probably the anime that gave me the most feels! I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen this delightful anime, but let's just say I did cry on some parts of this anime. The sadness factor was high in a few specific episodes. Other than the sadness part, it really was an amazing anime!

Ano hana

I think it would have been way more impactful if Nagisa and Ushio stayed dead. What was the point of them dieing just to make you cry then just bring them back to life
The saddest anime for me was clannad after story
the point was the other universe and why both nagisa and ushio kept going back to the spot where the built the hospital. the little girl was a symbol of nagisa and ushio. it cheerful in the other universe when they meet and snowy when nagisa dies.
clannad after story but reality you should watch the whole thing as there lots of parts i found sad.

I don't know if I would say its sad, but the Code Geass ending was a bit depressing.
Surprised more people didn't say Anohana, that's probably the only "sad" anime I've watched all the way through.

Sword Art Online.... First Season was so emotional dem feels kept getting to me! D: It was so sad I kep on crying xD when Asuna dies but she was alive xD
I agree.

Probably Clannad After Story...The ending made me cry sooooo much

Ano hi mita hana no namae wo bokutashi wa nada shiranai or "AnoHana" is really really sad :(

Listen to Me, Girls. I Am Your Father!

only Anime to ever bring me to tears but i guess having a child to look after and watching the hardship someone goes through to try to have a future and look after children.. it is very realistic. A story about young girls losing their parents and their cousin taking them in... I feel sad just talking about it... imagine telling a child their mother wont be coming back...

I know...that seems really sad :(...Personally, I don't really prefer sad anime or anything, you know, cuz I cry alot and I'm really sensitive...so basically, I spend the night sniffling under the duvet, crying myself to sleep...sad reality. Anyways, I already said that my favourite favourite favourite sad anime was Clannad Afterstory. It was sooo sad that I couldn't get over it for one whole week. Clannad was good as well, but I guess not as emotional as the sequel. Anyways, I really really enjoyed watching them as well and there were a few unexpected twists in the plot which made the animes unqiue in their own way... ;)

I don't know if anybody agrees with me but the saddest anime that I had watched was Clannad After Story.
Why does Nagisa and Ushio have to die...:cry: At least they came back to life. :3

How about you guys?
I couldn't agree more

clannad after story, and angel beats has got to be the saddest anime's i watched

Air Tv is the saddest that I have seen.

An- NO I AM NOT GOING TO SAY IT. I could not leave my home for 2 weeks because of the tears shed for Ange- NOPE NOT GONNA SAY IT. the ending to Angel Be- DEG, YOU SHOULD NOT BE DOING THIS. anyways, the ending just may have been the most heart breaking thing I have ever seen. I secretly wish for a second story in the same afterlife but that will never happen...

An- NO I AM NOT GOING TO SAY IT. I could not leave my home for 2 weeks because of the tears shed for Ange- NOPE NOT GONNA SAY IT. the ending to Angel Be- DEG, YOU SHOULD NOT BE DOING THIS. anyways, the ending just may have been the most heart breaking thing I have ever seen. I secretly wish for a second story in the same afterlife but that will never happen...
THE FEELS

Reactions: degpoprock
The saddest anime i watched must be Ano Hana

Back