Saddest fate for a 3DS?

• Thread starter freezebot
  • Start date
I remember the fate of my old 3DS. The poor thing.
It wasn't a dark and stormy night (It was still night, though)
Levi had recently purchased the classic game Photo Dojo. He tried to get pictures of his fighting poses and stances so he could be awesome and beat up people in the game, but he couldn't find the right surface to put his 3ds on to get a full body view.
He tried to put it on the stove, and it fell off, hitting the oven handle and the floor!
It still functioned, but the top screen led was broken! Levi's life was over
I have a new one now, but I will always remember my old 3DS...
Oh no, I think I'm going to cry!

I have my 3ds xl which I buyed last year well it have almost no scratch on it but I have few permanent marks on it (I pressed button very badly when It was new)

Only thing I am fear of is only that after sometime later my might button might stop responding.

Levi had recently purchased the classic game Photo Dojo. He tried to get pictures of his fighting poses and stances so he could be awesome and beat up people in the game, but he couldn't find the right surface to put his 3ds on to get a full body view.
He tried to put it on the stove, and it fell off, hitting the oven handle and the floor!
Yikes! :eek: Couldn't you get a (black market) repair for the topscreen?

Yikes! :eek: Couldn't you get a (black market) repair for the topscreen?
I don't think there is any place nearby that could fix it.
Believe me, I tried looking and looking and looking!
It really sucked! The worst part about it was that it was a limited edition 3DS! I still have it, but it's just a decoration right now. Now I have to stick with a blue one. I'm thinking about unscrewing the outer display and putting the limited edition one on there.

I left my 3ds on for over 3 weeks straight while charged. Somehow the battery managed to explode on the inside, rendering the 3DS non-playable without constantly charging and the rear frame of my 3DS permanently bent. I know the battery will only last for so much longer before it dies entirely, so I'll have to get a replacement very soon. Not too bad of a fate, really. xD

I don't think there is any place nearby that could fix it.
Believe me, I tried looking and looking and looking!
It really sucked! The worst part about it was that it was a limited edition 3DS! I still have it, but it's just a decoration right now. Now I have to stick with a blue one. I'm thinking about unscrewing the outer display and putting the limited edition one on there.
That sucks. At least it is decoration now. Someone sat on my DSlite, similar result.
I left my 3ds on for over 3 weeks straight while charged. Somehow the battery managed to explode on the inside, rendering the 3DS non-playable without constantly charging and the rear frame of my 3DS permanently bent. I know the battery will only last for so much longer before it dies entirely, so I'll have to get a replacement very soon. Not too bad of a fate, really. xD
It still works?! Woah, Nintendo quality. Did you get waterdamage or something? (Otherwise your battery should blow up.)

That sucks. At least it is decoration now. Someone sat on my DSlite, similar result.

It still works?! Woah, Nintendo quality. Did you get waterdamage or something? (Otherwise your battery should blow up.)
No water damage, though one time my 3DS did hop out of my pocket and into a small, less than 1 inch puddle as I was running, but that was way before the battery explosion happened. I'm unsure as to whether the acid from the battery pack leaked out all the way or not - cuz if it did, that would be a pain to clean up. I'll surely know once I unscrew the back lol. :X

No water damage, though one time my 3DS did hop out of my pocket and into a small, less than 1 inch puddle as I was running, but that was way before the battery explosion happened. I'm unsure as to whether the acid from the battery pack leaked out all the way or not - cuz if it did, that would be a pain to clean up. I'll surely know once I unscrew the back lol. :X
How does the system work? Can it only switch on with (fried) batteries or also without? My laptop can function without its battery as long as it's plugged in.

If it is leaking, don't touch it with your bare hands please. Usually there are some very poisonous metal-oxides in the leakage.

My ovarian of time 3ds is still doing good so far, I usually take kinda good care of my Nintendo stuff.

How does the system work? Can it only switch on with (fried) batteries or also without? My laptop can function without its battery as long as it's plugged in.

If it is leaking, don't touch it with your bare hands please. Usually there are some very poisonous metal-oxides in the leakage.
I haven't tried turning it on without the battery inserted, but I'm fairly certain that it wouldn't work. I'm just going by how (most) phones won't work without their batteries, even while charging. But yeah, the battery is still functional enough to power on the system.

Yep. Thick gloves should be best approach lol.

Reactions: PersonSP

hey, dont sweat it, sweetie; we've all had things like that happen to us, which we see as a complete catastrophe but others see as no big deal and/or stupid to worry over. i could never get my mother to understand why id get so upset about losing certain things and act like the world had ended; even now she doesnt understand kek^^ so you're not alone, sweetie hehehe^^ dont worry, ive had worse. much worse kek^^

My 3ds is about 3 years old, and it still has nothing wrong with it except it has a couple of scratches on the top cover. I am SUPER careful and protective with it, so I pretty much never take it anywhere except in and out of my room. I try not to imagine anything bad happening to it...

I wouldn't know I take very good care of my stuff, especially video games. However, I believe having my 3DS lost or stolen would be the worst. Even though I could have the 3DS replaced and have Nintendo allow me to redownload the lost digital games to a new system I would still have lost thousands of hours of game play. All my saved data gone! That is the worst fate I could imagine, not being able to retrieve all your data and losing it permanently.

My cousin dropped his in the toilet, and he still flushed the toilet. It works, well, to apples standards it works.

My cousin dropped his in the toilet, and he still flushed the toilet. It works, well, to apples standards it works.
? But the 3Ds isn't made by Apple?

? But the 3Ds isn't made by Apple?
Exactly my point. but if apple sees that your screen is shattered, phone is bent, and camera does not work on An IPhone, they will say it works if it makes a sound or lights come one.

My 3DS has yet to meet with a terrible fate (thankfully it hasn't yet), but I think the worst thing to could happen to a 3DS is being thrown outside a window, from a higher floor (like a flat) and smashing to pieces, or perhaps being run over accidently by a car on the road or pathway (when it goes to park up or waiting for someone). Oh, the horror. :nailbiting:

Had my 3ds xl for 2 and a half years now, I bought it in 2013. Luckily for me, my 3ds has not met anything terrible yet. I feel quite accomplished that it has not gone through anything. Maybe because whenever I go outside, I keep it in a bag. I remember that my dsi xl was dropped from 20 feet, and it survived.

The dsi xl is possibly the most strongest device out there, no kidding.

I was randomly on the home screen one day, when it suddenly froze. I restarted it but then it wouldn't respond to any buttons except the power button. I don't know what the heck happened to make it that way, but anyways after like a month it just started working again, but then a month after THAT, it would immediately crash after turning on, and again I don't know why. I got a new one and it's still working fine.

I remember my first 3ds. It met a tragic fate if being dropped on the ground on top of a counter in my house. I then got a new one that met the same fate by falling out of my pocket. Now I have a New 3ds XL and a bunch of Styrofoam around the thing, ok no I'm joking but I'm being extra careful with it :p

Back