Scariest Moments in Zelda. >.<

• Thread starter P2.0
  • Start date

Has Zelda had moments where it scared you?

• Most definitely... >.<

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Hmph,it's child's play.. >:)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes it does.

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters
P2.0

P2.0

BlueJ was here.
Towns Folk
Zelda has its moments when certain parts can fill you with a heroic feeling,surprise you,feel accomplished,or scare the floop outta you... .-. So for this post,I've gotta know:Out of all of you who has played Zelda,what parts in Zelda games has made you jump in your seat? I mean,REALLY scared you. :eek: I know a number of them scared me so bad,I had to leave the room as a kid. <_<"

Reactions: Samster, BlackTunicLink and kikoola
I was absolutely terrified of Ocarina of time as a kid because of the scene in the temple of time where Ganondorf randomly shows up out of nowhere and starts laughing after Link opens the door of time. My brother had to hide the cartridge I was so scared. Seriously.

Ikanya canyon in Majora's mask had a pretty creepy vibe and it gave me a few jumpy moments. Garo ninja's randomly attacking me and Pamela's father gave me quite a fright at the time but those incidents didn't scar me in the same way Ganondorf did in oot lmao.

The scene with the dark interlopers in Twilight Princess is another scene that freaked me out. I remember playing through the game thinking "this game hasn't scared me once so far!" like Zelda games usually do and then bam! All I could remember for weeks after that scene was the whites of Link's eyes and that evil laugh. God, I hate evil laughs.

The redeads in general were scary, in particular the redeads in oot and twilight princess.

That's all I can think of but there's probably way more I've pushed out of my brain to avoid nightmares. ;d

Reactions: P2.0 and GerudoWarrior
When I was playing Wind waker hd, I was on that cabana island and jumped Down to that labyrint to look for the triforce pieces. I had been there lost for some time, and when I finally jumped Down to the right pit, a redead suddenly screamed and I was so freaking scared! Thee dark interlopers cutscene in TP was really creepy too.

Reactions: BlackTunicLink and P2.0
@kikoola :Man,really?? That's deep,I got a scare like that once as well.
I think we share some of the same fears in N64 Zeldas,lol.Particularly,I'm talkin' bout those friggin' Redeads!! :eek: And Ikana Cayon was the worst for me as a kid. (My older brother got Majora's Mask first before Ocarina of Time) I hated when the Garo's just jumped out of the ground! >__< Hid my head in my pillow,I admit.And YES,Pamela's father just....GYYYAAAAHH!! I covered my ears,and just dove in the nearest blanket,I was a wreck.Plus,those Twilight Princess Redeads? Gave me goosebumps... :(

@GerudoWarrior :Oh,I knew I'd hear about that one. XD That scared everyone in the room,if I remember correctly,lol.At first my brother thought it was a statue,so he went closer.That was the WORST mistake ever.Ooog,those piercing red eyes!!!

Reactions: GerudoWarrior
Oh man I got scared to heck on Twilight Princess when Kakariko or whatever village goes to Twilight and you need to find the bugs and there were all these birds.. It scared me. A Lot. I loved replaying Twilight princess but I despised that part of the game.

Reactions: P2.0
Sometimes.Just think of it.
We all played the old Zelda games as kids.
Also almost everything in Twilight Princess scares me
In my opinion the creepies thing are the redeads in TP.
Ocarino of Time Redeads?Killed in a few hits.MM Redeads?Nice dancing overthere.
TP Redeads?Sh**ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ikr, like in OOT i never get paralyzed yet I'm right there in their faces, and in TP I got like 43 rooms in, almost at Great Fairy, and boom killed by a Redead.

@FaithKitty :Something about a flock of birds flying by in twilight in general just spells doom... .-. I get it,it gave me goosebumps as well.. >.<

@Eightcoins :It's always them ReDeads,lol.The ones from TP made my whole body shudder when they howled like that,freaky...

But for the both of you,have you guys not heard the ones from WW!? They scream so loud,it woke me up out of my sleep in a cold sweat.!! :eek:

I haven't played Wind Waker, but I'm planning on getting it when I get a wii U (if you can)

The thing that scared me the most, were the undead guys....

practically every enemy in LoZ OoT scared the hell out of me, when i was a kid xD I couldn't really play the game, I just sit there and watched my elder brother play it xD

@pablez94 :I know the feeling. XD I watched my older brother finish the game,semi hiding behind my pillow in the scary parts that made me feel queasy,lol

Which was kinda bad,because I was giving him my inputs on puzzles that helped him finish the game. xD

"HYA HYA HYA HYA"

Skull Kid's laugh is like that, right?

@pablez94 :I know the feeling. XD I watched my older brother finish the game,semi hiding behind my pillow in the scary parts that made me feel queasy,lol

Which was kinda bad,because I was giving him my inputs on puzzles that helped him finish the game. xD
yeah, me too! hahah Those were great times! :D I didn't hide behind a pillow, but i would just stare at the game and its gloomy and scary atmosphere being all spooked out and sometimes i just wouldn't hear him asking me for some suggestions xP

I remember a part of the legend of zelda ocarine of time, when you have to look for the royal family tomb and of course you have to get across the graveyard. That was spooky because by that time I was just a kid playing this game! hahah And another moment was when shadow link appeared and you had to fight him!

litterally when i played TP and the dark interlopers bit came on i was scared shitless i was only like 13 and i couldnt sleep for ages.

Reactions: P2.0 and spagooti
THE MOON.

THE.

FREAKING.

MOON.

IT STARES INTO YOUR SOUL MAN.

Once int he N64 version of the legend of zelda ocarina of time in the shadow temple well more than once, in the room where you need the winged boots to go through a gap i seen a grim reaper like floating skeleton appear on it then vanish into a wall, the face looks like the ones of the skulls on the walls, whenever it appeared it made me farores wind out of there or turn the thing off .w.

THE MOON.

THE.

FREAKING.

MOON.

IT STARES INTO YOUR SOUL MAN.
And now we have this in the remake
the-legend-of-zelda-majoras-mask.jpg

Looks like he takes a dump

With the Majora's Mask remake coming out,it's gonna bring a lot of scary memories back,lol.Truth be told,I never liked the gekko inside Great Bay.Something about getting hit and not being able to fight back doesn't sit right... .-.

Back