1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. NintenPedia Guest Message

Get 3DS/Wii U/Switch eShop Credit

Members of the community can earn or win Nintendo 3DS/WiiU/Switch eShop credit. This is available to North American and European region 3DS and Wii U owners (Switch is region free). Earn Play Coins by posting in the forum and exchange them for eShop credit. It's that easy.
Dismiss Notice
Yoshi - 3DS Pedia
Signing up for an account lets you communicate with other Nintendo gamers from around the world. Play games, ask questions, have fun and earn eShop credit along the way.

School or homeschooling?

Discussion in 'Academic Discussions' started by Mikaya, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Spinnerweb

Spinnerweb Lime Pawpaw Forum Management

Play Coins:
    249 coins
    That's what I do in practicals :D Actually only one of us does the work and the rest joke about the apparatus :hilarious:
  2. Tyrone

Tyrone Totally Marcs Alt :3 Banned User

Play Coins:
    0 coins
    I never went to a school :p I've alway's been homeschooled, I wanted to go to school to make friend's and stuff because i was lonely but now that i heard about drug's acohol and that other crud.......beside's college i hope im homeschooled for some more time.
  3. Jeff The Killer

Jeff The Killer Go. To. Sleep! Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    1,843 coins
    I've experienced both, and I honestly enjoyed homeschooling. School is fun because you can get out of the house and see your friends, not to mention unexpected things can happen.

But homeschooling you can take your time and be comfortable, not to mention snack whenever you want or get up whenever you want. And no one is rushing you or distracting you. That's why I enjoyed homeschooling.
  4. Hikki

Hikki Nintendo 3DS Legend Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    417 coins
    I go to public school ,I enjoy it. Even though everybody is happy to leave school and some of us wish there wasn't school, without school and being homeschoolled, we would have barely any friends, be half as smart, have -10% of social skills, and not know how to be efficent, all of that.
  5. Eridan

Eridan Commraddes Cartoon-ish

Play Coins:
    1,773 coins
    I've never really been Home schooled so I'd say that Public School would just be better off with me , even though sometimes I get fed up with some people @.@ But Public School is a good way to better socialize with others so I think there's more benefits from this :p
  6. Truninjajoe

Truninjajoe Apples Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    169 coins
    In a public school you have tons of opportunies and freedom to explore your talent, well at least in my school. And school

gives free tutors for anyone who needs it. I dnt.. You become more aware of your surroundings. Well I maybe wrong, I don't

know anything about homeschool so I can't really say.
  7. Slayerpon Tatsu

Slayerpon Tatsu The Nopon King of EXP and Hater of Ignorance Banned User

Play Coins:
    251 coins
    Learn in a class room so I meet new people and make new bonds
  8. Sans

Sans You're gonna have a bad time. Banned User

Play Coins:
    184 coins
    I'd prefer going to a public school because its just way too lonely at home and it just gets boring everytime. Being isolated from everyone else really sucks.
  9. OopaMazo

OopaMazo Content at Heart Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    632 coins
    I enjoy learning from home (bacuz I did it for like the first 10 years of the duration of my schooling), but I have to say - learning with others in a classroom is much better, despite all the students making conversation while the teacher is trying to lecture (I'm not that person, and never will be lol).
  10. Nurylon

Nurylon Deery twitch Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    116 coins
    *shivers* My first online class was Philosophy 1. We had one essay due a week for the whole semester & a textbook with very... euh, readings that, because of the diction, were as exhausting to read as an entire day combined. For the first few readings anyway.
    That was my hardest class during college, & during my second online class, I felt really bad for the professor because no one ever talked to them.... so I prefer in-classroom classes. I like being on friendly terms with professors, and it's easier to sponge information that way! I learn very well with lecture.

Online classes aren't exactly the same as homeschooling, of course! I don't know anything about regular homeschooling.
  11. Eric Cartman

Eric Cartman BEWARE OF ADS KFC Lover

Play Coins:
    769 coins
    I just find going to a public school better than being homeschooled because you can be more social and you won't be stuck at home since schools sometimes go on field trips for special occasion.
  12. J9794

J9794 But you can call me Jay Nine Seven Nine Four Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    718 coins
    School, there's more people, you make some friends there, and well... actually I'm not sure how homeschooling works, you have just one teacher? Because if that's the case you won't have access to different voices in your teaching and that's kinda bad.
  13. TheSpiritedWarrior

TheSpiritedWarrior Never gives up a fight Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    121 coins
    School. Not to say anything but exactly how does homeschooling work? Being teached by an experienced teacher via school is a lot better than having a novice teach you material at home. Of course, that is all assumption. In school, everything is covered, in home school, I am not too sure how teaching certain materials would work.
  14. cloudmario666

cloudmario666 honest as abe lincoln Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    160 coins
    i rather have homeschool because all the kids at my schools are dumb and because of this the teachers move at the slowest speed possible. School is the biggest waste of time. I teach myself math all the time so school is not for me.
  15. Spinnerweb

Spinnerweb Lime Pawpaw Forum Management

Play Coins:
    249 coins
    Maybe you should start teaching yourself formatting and punctuation too.
  16. SkyHuntress

SkyHuntress Code to learn, don't learn to code.

Play Coins:
    974 coins
    I was homeschooled for the last 2 years of primary school. My mum taught me instead of getting a teacher round. It was pretty fun, more time to learn what I wanted, less stress, didn't end up doing my SATs (Primary school final exams here in England) but that was alright.

I went to high school once I reached that age and it was pretty bad going back into school life honestly. No friends who'd come up with me, and I knew no one. But after a few years of going to that school, I'm now back to being half-homeschooled for my final year of GCSEs (Final exams for high school) since the school is really terrible. This means that I stay at home for doing normal school work, but have to go to school to do assessments, exams and such.

I much prefer homeschooling than to being at school, since it's a hell of a lot less stressful and you can learn a lot, lot more. Sure it's less sociable, and perhaps you don't have a teacher there to ask for help. But you don't need school to be sociable, and you don't need a teacher if you need help. Homeschool also allows you to have more time to learn what you want, it's how I've taught myself a lot of what I know about computers and programming, is through the time I has when I was homeschooled.
  17. flamebiz

flamebiz the 3ds player Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    152 coins
    Well the thing with school is that a lot of jerks and since at my school, So many people talk at once that it almost impossible to hear what the teacher is saying. You don't really need a teacher to learn but experienced teachers can make the learning process easier. but with youtube and the internet, you can learn at the comfort at your own home and have some more time to study what you enjoy.
    SkyHuntress likes this.
  18. Ashkil

Ashkil Space Cowboy Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    1,055 coins
    Really this question boils down to what you expect out of school. When you expect purely education (which I feel is a mistake) then school might be less efficient. I know at least in my school and college, the teachers are more often than not sub-par at best, if not downright bad. But what I think is the important part of school is teaching you life skills through the guise of education. Social skills, thinking rationally, dealing with emotions, allowing for growth - these are all things that I've always felt are inculcated at school, and can only be achieved with peers the same age. Things like stress and social anxiety can be bad in school, and I feel like many schools these days forget that their students don't all need high-flying jobs, ramping up too much pressure, yet it's not like these things go away out of school or college. Getting used to interactions with equals I feel really helps an individual