School or homeschooling?

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
I just sit right there while everyone else do the work and i get the same grade.
That's what I do in practicals :D Actually only one of us does the work and the rest joke about the apparatus :hilarious:

I never went to a school :p I've alway's been homeschooled, I wanted to go to school to make friend's and stuff because i was lonely but now that i heard about drug's acohol and that other crud.......beside's college i hope im homeschooled for some more time.

I've experienced both, and I honestly enjoyed homeschooling. School is fun because you can get out of the house and see your friends, not to mention unexpected things can happen.

But homeschooling you can take your time and be comfortable, not to mention snack whenever you want or get up whenever you want. And no one is rushing you or distracting you. That's why I enjoyed homeschooling.

I go to public school ,I enjoy it. Even though everybody is happy to leave school and some of us wish there wasn't school, without school and being homeschoolled, we would have barely any friends, be half as smart, have -10% of social skills, and not know how to be efficent, all of that.

I've never really been Home schooled so I'd say that Public School would just be better off with me , even though sometimes I get fed up with some people @.@ But Public School is a good way to better socialize with others so I think there's more benefits from this :p

In a public school you have tons of opportunies and freedom to explore your talent, well at least in my school. And school

gives free tutors for anyone who needs it. I dnt.. You become more aware of your surroundings. Well I maybe wrong, I don't

know anything about homeschool so I can't really say.

do you prefer to learn in a classroom with a teacher, or in the comfort of your own home? =3
Learn in a class room so I meet new people and make new bonds

I'd prefer going to a public school because its just way too lonely at home and it just gets boring everytime. Being isolated from everyone else really sucks.

I enjoy learning from home (bacuz I did it for like the first 10 years of the duration of my schooling), but I have to say - learning with others in a classroom is much better, despite all the students making conversation while the teacher is trying to lecture (I'm not that person, and never will be lol).

*shivers* My first online class was Philosophy 1. We had one essay due a week for the whole semester & a textbook with very... euh, readings that, because of the diction, were as exhausting to read as an entire day combined. For the first few readings anyway.
That was my hardest class during college, & during my second online class, I felt really bad for the professor because no one ever talked to them.... so I prefer in-classroom classes. I like being on friendly terms with professors, and it's easier to sponge information that way! I learn very well with lecture.

Online classes aren't exactly the same as homeschooling, of course! I don't know anything about regular homeschooling.

I just find going to a public school better than being homeschooled because you can be more social and you won't be stuck at home since schools sometimes go on field trips for special occasion.

School, there's more people, you make some friends there, and well... actually I'm not sure how homeschooling works, you have just one teacher? Because if that's the case you won't have access to different voices in your teaching and that's kinda bad.

School. Not to say anything but exactly how does homeschooling work? Being teached by an experienced teacher via school is a lot better than having a novice teach you material at home. Of course, that is all assumption. In school, everything is covered, in home school, I am not too sure how teaching certain materials would work.

do you prefer to learn in a classroom with a teacher, or in the comfort of your own home? =3
i rather have homeschool because all the kids at my schools are dumb and because of this the teachers move at the slowest speed possible. School is the biggest waste of time. I teach myself math all the time so school is not for me.

i rather have homeschool because all the kids at my schools are dumb and because of this the teachers move at the slowest speed possible. School is the biggest waste of time. I teach myself math all the time so school is not for me.
Maybe you should start teaching yourself formatting and punctuation too.

I was homeschooled for the last 2 years of primary school. My mum taught me instead of getting a teacher round. It was pretty fun, more time to learn what I wanted, less stress, didn't end up doing my SATs (Primary school final exams here in England) but that was alright.

I went to high school once I reached that age and it was pretty bad going back into school life honestly. No friends who'd come up with me, and I knew no one. But after a few years of going to that school, I'm now back to being half-homeschooled for my final year of GCSEs (Final exams for high school) since the school is really terrible. This means that I stay at home for doing normal school work, but have to go to school to do assessments, exams and such.

I much prefer homeschooling than to being at school, since it's a hell of a lot less stressful and you can learn a lot, lot more. Sure it's less sociable, and perhaps you don't have a teacher there to ask for help. But you don't need school to be sociable, and you don't need a teacher if you need help. Homeschool also allows you to have more time to learn what you want, it's how I've taught myself a lot of what I know about computers and programming, is through the time I has when I was homeschooled.

Well the thing with school is that a lot of jerks and since at my school, So many people talk at once that it almost impossible to hear what the teacher is saying. You don't really need a teacher to learn but experienced teachers can make the learning process easier. but with youtube and the internet, you can learn at the comfort at your own home and have some more time to study what you enjoy.

Reactions: 28142
Really this question boils down to what you expect out of school. When you expect purely education (which I feel is a mistake) then school might be less efficient. I know at least in my school and college, the teachers are more often than not sub-par at best, if not downright bad. But what I think is the important part of school is teaching you life skills through the guise of education. Social skills, thinking rationally, dealing with emotions, allowing for growth - these are all things that I've always felt are inculcated at school, and can only be achieved with peers the same age. Things like stress and social anxiety can be bad in school, and I feel like many schools these days forget that their students don't all need high-flying jobs, ramping up too much pressure, yet it's not like these things go away out of school or college. Getting used to interactions with equals I feel really helps an individual

Tbh I would rather be schooled by a teacher or a professor along with other people because being homeschooled is boring tbh becasue you just stay at home all day and you have to learn the content and it will be boring. School is boring ,but not as boring as being homeschooled that also goes for charter schools because they’re a complete waste of time and you don’t make any friends at all not have fun and hang out in a big a campus. One of my cousins is going to charter school this year because of family issues and tbh he says that he has to do a packet every week he goes to charter school and they check his work and if you don’t do it right then you get points deducted and it’s really boring because he says he’s prefers going to a public school.

Really this question boils down to what you expect out of school. When you expect purely education (which I feel is a mistake) then school might be less efficient. I know at least in my school and college, the teachers are more often than not sub-par at best, if not downright bad. But what I think is the important part of school is teaching you life skills through the guise of education. Social skills, thinking rationally, dealing with emotions, allowing for growth - these are all things that I've always felt are inculcated at school, and can only be achieved with peers the same age. Things like stress and social anxiety can be bad in school, and I feel like many schools these days forget that their students don't all need high-flying jobs, ramping up too much pressure, yet it's not like these things go away out of school or college. Getting used to interactions with equals I feel really helps an individual

Hey my cousin goes to a charter school and he doesn’t get help from people only by his teacher and last time when I saw him I observed him and he seemed unaware about things about the world for example in public schools I remembered students would talk about many different things that I didn’t know and would keep me updated with the things happening around me and the teachers too ,but my cousin doesn’t talk to to the teacher he only gets lots of homework and all he does is packets all day week and week after week and I feel bad because he is stuck at home all day doing these boring packets and never really goes out to have fun.

Back