Should I play A Link to the Past first?

• Thread starter Demon_skeith
  • Start date
Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith

Hiding in yo PC looking at yer files!
Towns Folk
I'm trying to remember if I ever played Zelda A Link to the Past which I don't think I did. Should I play this game first before playing link between worlds?

I want to do that too, but I don't know how...

I was gonna ask this question to some users also, would it really make sense to play The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between the Worlds if I haven't played its prequel A Link to the Past ?

I was gonna ask this question to some users also, would it really make sense to play The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between the Worlds if I haven't played its prequel A Link to the Past ?
They'll probably give some kind of summary of the past game if it's truly necessary. I mean, it's not much of an issue if you play Majora's Mask without having played Ocarina of Time, or Phantom Hourglass without having played Wind Waker

I looked it up, and you can only play this with the console VC, which sucks. I can always youtube and wiki the info.

I hope it comes out for the 3DS Virtual Console. I wouldn't mind paying a few euros for it :)

Well not really, it would be a good game to play it before but it doesn't matter if you play it after either. All that matters is that you play it!!!

I looked it up, and you can only play this with the console VC, which sucks. I can always youtube and wiki the info.
you can also emulate the original SNES or remake GBA version too but yeah, I don't think you'll miss out on too much if you don't know what happened in the previous game. Nintendo's usually been good with that

you can also emulate the original SNES or remake GBA version too but yeah, I don't think you'll miss out on too much if you don't know what happened in the previous game. Nintendo's usually been good with that
I'm already playing Majora's Mask on Project 64 :p

I recommend you play it first, but I didn't do it. I honestly played ALTTP a little, got a feel for it, and then started right away with ALBW. But it honestly is your own preference. If you dont feel like it, you dont have too. The ALTTP story line is anyways retold in ALBW.

Reactions: ShinyLatios
I recommend you play it first, but I didn't do it. I honestly played ALTTP a little, got a feel for it, and then started right away with ALBW. But it honestly is your own preference. If you dont feel like it, you dont have too. The ALTTP story line is anyways retold in ALBW.
I assume that it's retold similar to how the events of Ocarina of Time are retold in Wind Waker and Wind Waker is kinda retold in Phantom Hourglass?

I assume that it's retold similar to how the events of Ocarina of Time are retold in Wind Waker and Wind Waker is kinda retold in Phantom Hourglass?
No. The way it is done is that it is constantly referenced. The way it is done is so that you will be able to peice together the information quickly. You should get it down within the first hour of the game.

No. The way it is done is that it is constantly referenced. The way it is done is so that you will be able to peice together the information quickly. You should get it down within the first hour of the game.
Oh, so they don't make it explicit then. That's kinda cool then. So I guess it makes it more realistic in terms of it happening afterwards with stuff kinda impacting the beginning to an extent if you get what I mean?

Oh, so they don't make it explicit then. That's kinda cool then. So I guess it makes it more realistic in terms of it happening afterwards with stuff kinda impacting the beginning to an extent if you get what I mean?
Yeah. A great way to do it is play ALBW, and then play ALTTP. That way you will be familiar with the map, as in ALTTP, you have to walk everywhere. Also then you can expand on your ALTTP history, now that you can actually play it.

Yeah. A great way to do it is play ALBW, and then play ALTTP. That way you will be familiar with the map, as in ALTTP, you have to walk everywhere. Also then you can expand on your ALTTP history, now that you can actually play it.
Oh, so how different is the map with ALBW and ALTTP? Is it about the same with new areas, or does it look really different entirely?

Oh, so how different is the map with ALBW and ALTTP? Is it about the same with new areas, or does it look really different entirely?
About the same with new areas. But in ALBW you dont have to walk everywhere, in ALTTP you do. So it would be better to get used to the map as much as you can in ALBW, so that in ALTTP you are ready to live it.

About the same with new areas. But in ALBW you dont have to walk everywhere, in ALTTP you do. So it would be better to get used to the map as much as you can in ALBW, so that in ALTTP you are ready to live it.
Oh, you don't have to walk everywhere in ALBW? Is this because of a new item introduced in the game or because of a new mechanic? But all the same, good to hear :p

A new mechanic. It is basically like the Song of Soaring in MM.

A new mechanic. It is basically like the Song of Soaring in MM.
Oh cool. So basically you have a bunch of warp points in the game? That definitely was a smart move on Nintendo's part to include that haha

Yep! I honestly find it perfect. Even when in Lorule, though you have to reactivate the points in Lorule, you can still use it. It works out fine. I think that is one of my favorite bits of the game.

Back