Mario Kart Should Mario Kart 7 Have DLC?

• Thread starter Corey
  • Start date

Should Mario Kart 7 Have DLC?

• Yes

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
Yeah, I meant that I didn't really needed them :p The next time that I'm going to play the game, I will choose a higher difficulty level.
Yeah, the DLC isn't really necessary but some people really like them for what they do and buy them. Some of the DLC is good for offering a legit challenge though

Yeah, the DLC isn't really necessary but some people really like them for what they do and buy them. Some of the DLC is good for offering a legit challenge though
yeah some DLC are very good like the ones for new super mario bros 2. it's not neccessery but it adds to the fun !

yeah some DLC are very good like the ones for new super mario bros 2. it's not neccessery but it adds to the fun !
I meant for Fire Emblem: Awakening haha but yeah I guess it applies to other games too. In any case though, I don't think DLC would fit in Mario Kart 7 in certain ways

No. But Mario Kart 8 should have DLC characters.

No. But Mario Kart 8 should have DLC characters.
How would you propose the DLC characters are handled with Mario Kart 7? Also, in online multiplayer, how do you think it'd work if a DLC character was chosen?

How would you propose the DLC characters are handled with Mario Kart 7? Also, in online multiplayer, how do you think it'd work if a DLC character was chosen?

DLC Characters/Karts would make the most sense. You wouldn't have to find people with the same character DLC just to play with them, but you would if it were new courses.

It'd just work easier.

After all this time, it's not worth it for DLC on Mk7. DLC on Mk8 would be nice. Maybe new characters or karts. I would love to see DLC tracks, but I'm not sure how that would work with online play.

DLC Characters/Karts would make the most sense. You wouldn't have to find people with the same character DLC just to play with them, but you would if it were new courses.

It'd just work easier.
That does make sense. And hey, perhaps they could just have the DLC space already in the game so that it wouldn't be a problem for the people that don't have the DLC but encounter people with DLC.

I would not really care that much about Mario Kart 7 downloadable content... It does sound like a fun idea but I do not think I would buy it if it eventually (or ever) got released...

If it was like the Mario Kart 8 DLC, then maybe. If it consisted of a new character or two plus their own karts, then yes. I think it's not too late to release DLC although the game is certainly no longer new and shiny. The DLC would also have to be free else it would really just inflame a lot of people who own the game. At this time though, I think the chances are nonexistent with the release of MK8 just a month ago, but it's a possibility if Nintendo wanted to do some kind of MarioKart promotion.

I would've liked them to add DLC to the game for sure. The reason they didn't you ask? Because if they added DLC content it would be ever so changing on the game, in which they would have no reason to release another mk game on the 3DS because mk7 be sufficient enough to keep players entertained for a long time after its release. NIntendo didn't want that. I theorize that nintendo will add one more edition of mario kart for the 3ds in the near future (mario kart 9 perhaps?) and if they do they will definitely add DLC to that.

I highly doubt Nintendo will release another Mario Kart game for the 3DS. Mario Kart has always been a one-per-console game and it's been that way for generations, so I doubt they're going to change that. The only way I see them adding DLC at this point is if they want to do some MK7/MK8 promotion. I still doubt it though since most 3DS owners have already bought the game and a promotion won't attract too many more. By the way, the only thing that would be added are a couple of new karts and maybe a character or two. I doubt they will rewrite the game mechanics or something like that.

I highly doubt Nintendo will release another Mario Kart game for the 3DS. Mario Kart has always been a one-per-console game and it's been that way for generations, so I doubt they're going to change that. The only way I see them adding DLC at this point is if they want to do some MK7/MK8 promotion. I still doubt it though since most 3DS owners have already bought the game and a promotion won't attract too many more. By the way, the only thing that would be added are a couple of new karts and maybe a character or two. I doubt they will rewrite the game mechanics or something like that.
Still it might be smart to release double mario kart games on a single console...? They've always stuck with the one for each console sort've routine which,frankly, is fine by me, i'm just wondering if they would get more money by adding one more for the 3DS...? Because if they wanted to add DLC couldn't they just update the game? And if they really think they could get money from DLCing they could just make the update a paid update not free

Back