Mario Kart Should Mario Kart 8 Have DLC?

• Thread starter BjFauble
  • Start date
I'd really enjoy having more and more baby characters in there. Rosalina now is adorable. Baby Mario and Luigi are awesome as ever, as is Peach. I'd love to see a Baby Yoshi in there, aswell as maybe a Baby Wario or Waluigi. I'd be nice!:D
Too many baby characters, only if there were more unique characters like E. Gadd. I could also say there's too many of the Koopalings but I'd rather have them than face Bowser Jr.

I think Mario Kart 8 is fine as it is, I definitely prefer free unlock able characters to overpowered ones which you have to pay for and you need to get DLC. It is kind of unfair to the people who have less money. It actually doesn't make sense that you pay $60 for a game and then their trying to squeeze more money out of you?

I think Mario Kart 8 is fine as it is, I definitely prefer free unlock able characters to overpowered ones which you have to pay for and you need to get DLC. It is kind of unfair to the people who have less money. It actually doesn't make sense that you pay $60 for a game and then their trying to squeeze more money out of you?

Need? Really? They aren't making you buy it, and if a character is overpowered it doesn't really matter. Once again using Call of Duty as a prime example of "choice" DLC done right; one of the map packs comes with a gun. The gun is extremely terrible and I don't see why anyone would use it other than to do said guns challenges. The exact same goes for characters. Nintendo is being EXTREMELY careful with their DLC and I highly doubt that they'll make anything overpowered. Besides, something being overpowered doesn't mean much if you have skill at a game.

I really want more racetracks and characters and karts, but if this type of content was paid DLC, then I think it wouldn't too well. The only way DLC would be successful if it was free, but it takes a lot of time and effort to integrate new courses or characters into the game. I think Nintendo should opt for limited content that periodically is available through download (something like Diancie for Pokemon). I would probably say a couple karts and gliders would be well received and wouldn't impact the game much, and they should of course be free.

Did anyone see this supposed leak of DLC characters? It actually makes sense, and given Honey Queen's inclusion in MK7, I'd say Plessie fits in.
630x.jpg

Did anyone see this supposed leak of DLC characters? It actually makes sense, and given Honey Queen's inclusion in MK7, I'd say Plessie fits in.
630x.jpg
It could be, but I kinda doubt they would add so much characters at once. Battle arenas should come first

It could be, but I kinda doubt they would add so much characters at once. Battle arenas should come first
5 is an understandable amount. Besides, adding more tracks would take much longer than adding characters, considering how much time they spent creating them over creating characters.

I would say 1-2 is enough since any more would probably lead to the DLC being priced. I would welcome things like karts, gliders, and even new items. I really like the new Mercedes kart being released for Mario Kart 8. It looks cool and fancy and is a nice example of how to add new content to the game correctly (i.e. no outrageous costs and no balance issues).

Back