Should the Wii U come in more colors?

• Thread starter lludawg
  • Start date
lludawg

lludawg

AC:NL - The Villager
Towns Folk
I like color! The basic Wii U colors are too boring for me. What colors would you like to see on a Wii U?

Fan-made photoshop images:
wii_u_colors_by_preetard-d52caeh.png

Let's see... Gold (LoZ themed most likely), Purple, Wii U Blue, a special edition Smash version, and an NES color schemed one.

Wii U Blue seems like a good idea but too many different colors/models kind of makes it seem like a McDonalds/Burger King toy. More of a novelty than a console. For now they need to focus on sales not colors.

It never really hurts to have variety, but personally they aren't for me. I like having all of my devices in black. My PS4, Wii U, PS3, PS Vita and Xbox 360 are all black.

It never hurts, and colors are cool, but the logistics behind all the stock, supply is going to be a nightmare for the distributors.

I think it would be cool but unnecessary. I don't think anyone would look at a Wii U and say "I'm only gonna buy this if it came in blue!"

I love the blue and the teal versions. But that's just because those are my favorite colors.

They might make a red 'Mario' edition one or a green 'Luigi' edition one, or at least those are possible.

Ehh, I'd rather they work on getting 32 gb White consoles out. I don't see the point of releasing other colours like that if they pretty much refused to make a proper white one at launch, instead making a 8 gb one without other stuff in the Deluxe's bundle so they want for people to get the black one. Not sure if they think it looked way too similar to the Wii, or if "hardcore" gamers only get black consoles but hey, it doesn't help when Nintendo decide to put glossy paint all over their dark consoles. For example, my Cosmos Black 3DS is so glossy it attracts so much dust which is very visible and is also a fingerprint magnet. This is why I'm hesitant to get a black Wii U, unless they use a matte finish more the one used on consoles like the PS2.

I think the Black color is good enough.
Maybe extra colors could be added as some marketing strategy, But Nintendo should focus on the games instead of thinking ''Oh no! We don't have a rainbow Wii U, Make some now!''.

That red one looks amazing! They should make some red ones, it would sell for sure. Mario edition! it has a purpose, then! :p

Reactions: Icemario
That red one looks amazing! They should make some red ones, it would sell for sure. Mario edition! it has a purpose, then! :p
I'm thinking this as well, it's also the colour of the Nintendo logo, so double meanings all around.

Reactions: Mikaya
A console is still a console, no matter what color it is. While having more colors wouldn't hurt, I don't see it making much of a difference on sales lol.

A couple would be alright, but given how the Wii U is struggling right now, a better use of resources would be on more games and better advertising.

Do you really care about the colours? I care about the games the system can offer, then the different features like internet browser, videocall, youtube, etc, I think the colour is not even a matter to worry about. I do care if the system works good or not, but the colour to me is something of not that much importance.

Though I don't really care about colours (okay, maybe for the 3DS), I must admit that it would be good to see more colours for the Wii U. The Black/White duo is getting boring after a while, and the Wii (even if those were limited editions) had red and blue coloured editions, and not just the plain black/white color scheme.

The colours matter if the black console is glossy and terrible. Besides, all Nintendo had to do from the start is do a 32gb White and 32gb Black, and it's all fine. Plus, offer limited edition consoles just like D4rkDragon suggested - a bit like the 3DS colours, it would be quite fun to see them.

I think that the wii u should come in other colors too. The regular wii u color just seems boring and plain to me. I think that the wii u would get more buys if it came in many more clors. Also some people have designed their wii u themself. If the wii u came in different colors I would probably get a blue one.

I think nintendo should just stick to the black/white colors. Its so simple: all you need is the 32 gb black or white models for retail. Its silly that the white wii u is 8 gb to me. I have my wii in white, and I wanted a 32 gb white one. I can still get it if it comes out though XP

The black and white colors are fine. Making it in different colors actually will not look that great. But once legend of zelda comes next year, yes, nintendo should release a green wii u that comes with the legend of zelda, that would be really nice. But black and white colors are fine, I think those are proper console colors.

I completely agree with the fact they should come in different colors. And not only the Wii U but everything. You're paying for the device, you should get what you want, and not just mostly what you want with some parts that are only ok and could have been better. But as @jandkas said, it would be a nightmare for sellers. It could be done on the internet though, like an online Wii U store where you can choose the color.

Not choosing the color of your device sounds to me like not choosing the wallpaper on your computer or your phone. Do you imagine yourself still having those XP clouds on your computer and not being able to change them ? Ridiculous.

I understand that if you only sell two colors, it's black and white because it fits pretty much anywhere (if the default color was green, it wouldn't fit in your purple living room) but still, it would be great to give people the choice.

Back