Should there be another 2D Zelda game?

• Thread starter BathSoap
  • Start date
BathSoap

BathSoap

I'm Not A Pikachu
Towns Folk
Zelda II was a very... Interesting zelda game. Not liked by very many but it is still a great game. Does anyone think there should be another 2D Zelda game? I loved Zelda II and would love to see more games like that.

I wouldn't mind another 2d Zelda game, but I hope they keep making Zelda games like A Link Between Worlds. it's kind alike 2d, but with some nice 3d effects.

Reactions: Mikaya and Icemario
I wouldn't mind another 2d Zelda game, but I hope they keep making Zelda games like A Link Between Worlds. it's kind alike 2d, but with some nice 3d effects.
I can definetley agree that LBW is one of the best Zelda games in a long long time. I think some time in the future they should give the remake treatment to Zelda II

Reactions: Mikaya and SaToRi
I'd love a revisit to the Zelda II format, though it was overlooked and misunderstood for so long that I suspect it would be too much of a risk (unless, like the Oracles games they outsourced).

Fans are remaking Ocarina in 2D but I actually don't mind either way. Link to the Past is my favourite Zelda game but that's not to say that Ocarina or Twilight Princess weren't awesome. And contrary to many I really enjoyed Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. So honestly as long as Nintendo keeps pumping out Zelda games for the 3DS I'll be happy.

And contrary to many I really enjoyed Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.

Don't tell the hardcore fans but I loved them as well, as much as Minish Cap (and I truly love that weird little game). The main issue as far as I could tell from the [name redacted] forum was the lack of button controls- I think the art style and puzzles worked perfectly on the DS.
I'd love to see another one set in the Vaati chronology, maybe making use of wifi drop in/out four swords style

Reactions: Ashkil
Some more 2d Zelda games would be excellent for the 3ds/2ds. Maybe even have a game where you can switch to 3d or non-3d, and it would sync to the game. Maybe even have it as an ingame feature where you can only see certain things in the 2d aspect, or do certain things in 3d. Instead of how on other games its just an eye sore/battery hog.

And contrary to many I really enjoyed Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. So honestly as long as Nintendo keeps pumping out Zelda games for the 3DS I'll be happy.
Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were great games I have no idea why anyone would dislike those two.

I would LOVE a Zelda in the style of Minish Cap. Visually speaking, it was my favorite Zelda game.

Reactions: weaselpipe
Even though I like the 3D Zelda games better, I would really like to play a new Zelda game in the 2D style. I love the fast-paced, tense nature of 2D Zelda games.
A Link Between Worlds was an absolutely amazing game, and I believe any other 2D Zelda game to come out will be a similar success, as well.

I think there should be another 2D Zelda game. The 2D Zelda games are pretty revolutionary games in the Zelda series. I have always enjoyed the bird's-eye view that the games have. For a new 2D Zelda game to be made would be very nostalgic to me and other Zelda players.

Another 2D Zelda game... why not? Shovel Knight was a big hit, so I think it would be good if they made another 2D Zelda game.

If they are going to remake adventure of Link, they would have to make it much more easier! I downloaded aol on eshop, and I cant Complete the second Palace because the entire game is so freaking difficult. But it would be cool if the game got a remake though.

I wouldn't buy a 2D Zelda game after how terrible II was. The Legend of Zelda just doesn't seem suited to being 2D, at least not back then in the NES days. Maybe it'd be better now that hardware capabilities are much greater, with better movement mechanics (the terrible movement mechanics were what annoyed me most about II) but I wouldn't be interested.

And surprisingly I still think II was a very important and influential game. :panda:

I wouldn't buy a 2D Zelda game after how terrible II was. The Legend of Zelda just doesn't seem suited to being 2D, at least not back then in the NES days. Maybe it'd be better now that hardware capabilities are much greater, with better movement mechanics (the terrible movement mechanics were what annoyed me most about II) but I wouldn't be interested.

And surprisingly I still think II was a very important and influential game. :panda:
My idea is that they can remake Zelda aventure of Link like they did With ducktales on the wii u, it would be Perfect. And as I sais, tuning Down the difficulty, give it better Graphics, and maybe give the characters some better lines, it would actually sell well I think.

I think instead of making anoter 2d game they should just make a better reamake that's easier to play i'v got the game and I can't even get past the first palace but I actually really like the game

I don't know. Maybe another 2D zelda would be a nice touch to the already critically acclaimed franchise. It would be a huge risk considering how bad Zelda 2 was so because of this Nintendo probably won't do this. Also, Zelda makes me think of adventure. It makes me think of a huge, beautiful world that I can explore. It doesn't make me think of a side scrolling boring world.

I don't really think Zelda 2 was "bad" just really "different" from what we know. When it came out, there was only 2 Zelda games, so the series didn't really have a unique identity. So it was just a shot in the dark. I genuinely like it and think that is is fun. And 2D side scrollers can be huge and explorable. just look at Super Metroid, Zero Mission, and Fusion. But why do you think that 2D side scrolling worlds are boring? Zelda 2 just needed some refinement because of the stage development choices.

While I would definitely play a 2D Zelda, I'm not very interested in them doing it and it isn't very lucky. Nintendo likes to keep Zelda the same (in a sense), the fact that Captain Toad was originally a Zelda game is proof of that. If they were to make another 2D Zelda game they would probably shift it to another one of their IP's halfway through development.

I think I'd prefer 3d >.< As the new generations pass by, I begin to look at old games as having "horrible graphics".
I prefer 3d games with the pretty pastel graphics *cough windwaker* I think Nintendo is going to continue to make more 3d games because people prefer eye candy over nostalgia :D

I think I'd prefer 3d >.< As the new generations pass by, I begin to look at old games as having "horrible graphics".
I prefer 3d games with the pretty pastel graphics *cough windwaker* I think Nintendo is going to continue to make more 3d games because people prefer eye candy over nostalgia :D

I don't completely agree with the 'horrible graphics'. I still feel certain games like Link to the Past or even the original Pokemon Red have aged extremely well and look more than serviceable. But I do see your point, Nintendo is most likely to continue making 3D games, with the only notable exception being a possible Link between Worlds sequel (and that's sort of 2.5D in itself).

Reactions: Mikaya
Back