Should there be another 2D Zelda game?

• Thread starter BathSoap
  • Start date
I'd love to see more 2D Zelda games, the 3D Zelda games generally fail to interest me.

Preferably it should be in a style similar to ALBW's, with the whole 2.5D thing it was running.

another 2d zelda game would be awesome just like the classics but i dont think nintendo will go back to 2d after the just came out with new 3d tech.

I loved the style of A Link Between Worlds, as well as with OoA/OoS, Link's Awakening, and A Link to the Past. I hope Nintendo will make another game that is 2.5D, like @Icemario said. I do love the 3D Zeldas as well, but I wouldn't necessarily pick them over the 2D classics, or A Link Between Worlds.

That might be interesting.. but would anyone really play it who Isn't a huge Zelda fan? If Nintendo wants to boost their profits I would recommend for them to them that they make a third game to follow up from majoras mask and ocarina of time, and make it for the 3DS and Wii U, but I might enjoy a 2D Zelda game.... I'm not sure

I find that i like both 3d and 2d Zelda games . Except that alot of the 2d zelda games are way more fast paced such as Zelda A link between worlds its a really great game but sometimes 3d zelda games are more enjoyable . Depends on what you like

i wouldnt mind if they did that, as long as the game was relativly well priced

I wouldn't see why not. I have been playing Zelda: Oracle of Ages lately and there are these parts where instead of having to explore an open world, you go down a ladder or stairs and now it becomes a platformer until you exit or find a way out. That part really interests me and makes me feel like Im playing Mario when using the Roc's feather in these parts.

Not really, it will be akward. With the lack of powerups like mario and how low link jumps, that would be very boring and hard. Legend of zelda is better in a 3d environment because he has more space to do certain actions. In 2d form, there is not much that can be done.

I think that it would be cool to see another 2D Zelda game, but with the (somewhat) recent release of a Link Between Worlds, it will probably be awhile before another one is released. While I do like the 2D Zelda games, it seems as if Nintendo is trying to keep up a modern, 3D Zelda series that applies more to the current generation of gamers rather than create older-looking titles to appeal to the last generation.

Back