should voice acting be a thing in zelda

• Thread starter freezebot
  • Start date
freezebot

freezebot

PineappleDoggo <3
Towns Folk
well there been a lot of rumors about voice acting being a thing in the newest game for Wii u (and possibly the nintendo nx) zelda U. personally i think that voice acting would be pretty great for the zelda series if they want to attract new player AS LONG AS THEY DON'T GIVE LINK VOICE ACTING bwecause if they do give link voice acting then it would kind of ruin his flow. so what are your thoughts of the zelda series having voice acting.

I wouldn't mind voice acting and dialogue for Link, as long as they don't do the sane fiasco as in Metroid Other M.

I feel as though Link needs to be fleshed out too, the "heroic mime" thing kinda bores me :/

I don't know how I would feel about the characters getting a actual voice aside from the small bits of clip we do hear.

Because I'd hate to see the characters get criticised for how they sound like fans do to anime when it's dubbed in their language.

I do know that if it was ever given an actual voice they would have to try an match how they sound grunting, shouting, etc.

Though I actually like the idea of Link not speaking.

For other characters? Yes. For Link? He should stay his heroic screechy mime self in my opinion. If not then at least have him be the only Link to actually be voiced.

I wouldn't mind if Link had a voice actor, as long as it's sexy or ladder, Nicholas Cage.

Well I could see voice actors for main characters in cutscenes. If there is voice actors for main characters though that would mean there would be voice actors for NPCs too like in the Spyro trilogy. The pros would be you get the cinematic experience and the cons would be finding the right people to voice the NPCs and whenever someone does a let's play they can't just read the text to the viewer in whatever voice they want. Most Nintendo games just use dialogue boxes or whatnot and it makes me think what would it be like if other Nintendo games would be like with voice actors. Link wouldn't really need a voice actor unless he's like "I'm going to defeat you Ganon!" but I can't imagine Link talking.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
I personaly don't think so because I like it more when characters didn't talk but that's just me

The Legend of Zelda is pretty fine without voice acting but if Nintendo could do it right then maybe it wouldn't be too bad. Link shouldn't and should never have voice acting though xD "Hyah"s is pretty much all that should be expected from the Hero of Hyrule in green :p

Well, this may sound stupid, but I like it without voice acting, other characters could have it, but link shouldn't. The reason I say this is I always thought of link being yourself, and while he doesn't have any dialogue you can talk for him as if he's yourself, like how you move him around and play as him, and can even change his name!
But that's just my opinion and thoughts about it.

I know man that's how I like a Zelda game

well there been a lot of rumors about voice acting being a thing in the newest game for Wii u (and possibly the nintendo nx) zelda U. personally i think that voice acting would be pretty great for the zelda series if they want to attract new player AS LONG AS THEY DON'T GIVE LINK VOICE ACTING bwecause if they do give link voice acting then it would kind of ruin his flow. so what are your thoughts of the zelda series having voice acting.
I think we can all agree that Link is supposed to be mute in the games. It would be okay if said things like "Ouch" or something in battle, but he shouldn't become a talker. As for the other characters, why not? They already have dialogue, might as well have voice actors too then.

reminder

No. The no voice acting is fine in Zelda. Taking that away ruins the part I love about Zelda: making the voices myself. The grunts, laughs, and pain screams are fine as it is. The only character that deserves full sentences is Navi. It's iconic and sticks well.

maybe there will be a option in the settings so you can that off if you don't want it so others will have the option

Voice acting would ruin the game for me. It'd look more like an interactive movie to me, which would be boring considering Zelda is a game, not a movie. Besides, as lots of people have been saying, I think of link as yourself, and he shouldn't speak because it's you and needs your voice. So yeah :p, nah. If they did that I would hope it'd be able to be turned off in the settings, otherwise I just wouldn't play the game.

yeah that's what I hope and I hope they don't give link a voice no matter what

Voice acting would ruin the game for me. It'd look more like an interactive movie to me, which would be boring considering Zelda is a game, not a movie. Besides, as lots of people have been saying, I think of link as yourself, and he shouldn't speak because it's you and needs your voice. So yeah :p, nah. If they did that I would hope it'd be able to be turned off in the settings, otherwise I just wouldn't play the game.
I wouldn't call it an interactive movie if voice acting was added. It doesn't change the gameplay after all. Right now the games could be considered interactive books, but a game is more than that, that's why it's a game.

I wouldn't call it an interactive movie if voice acting was added. It doesn't change the gameplay after all. Right now the games could be considered interactive books, but a game is more than that, that's why it's a game.
Well, true, I never thought about it like that. I'd just think of it more boring with voice acting, yknow? ;~; Even though it doesn't change gameplay, that's the way I perceive it. And you are right, they could be considered interactive books either way. I don't really pay attention to stuff, sorry ;-;

Reactions: PersonSP
Well, true, I never thought about it like that. I'd just think of it more boring with voice acting, yknow? ;~; Even though it doesn't change gameplay, that's the way I perceive it. And you are right, they could be considered interactive books either way. I don't really pay attention to stuff, sorry ;-;
No need to apologise. :)

Reactions: spagooti
Nope, I like the noises Link makes (Hyahhhhh!!!) when he swings his sword, It's hilarious. It would totally ruin the entire Zelda series if he could talk, it would be somewhat weird, even if it was in Japanese. (It would be even worse since we won't be able to understand it). Link would lose his personality that we love so dearly. I highly doubt this feature would ever be implemented in the future, anyways. xD

Back